Just Posted!! NS-7000 in my hands!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Nov 29, 2004.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You should not keep the Cab20-Long. Sell it to me instead.

*The above represents the unbiased view of one wood_22_chuck, of BadmintonForum

-dave

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    yup, i agree, i like those reviews, and even though you don't have the racquets anymore, you are still entitled to your views on how they play

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    No, I only sold the MP100 (since I didn't pay for it originally anyway :p )
    Ti-10 are still here (and the reviews are there as well), and I will be getting another dozen it in about 3 weeks.

Cab-20L is a monster, which is not for everyone. If it is used properly, I think the power is at least par with Ti-10. However, the control is not so user-friendly. You will have to hug it, treat it nicely, and make it happy before you use it ;) In this comparison, I will prefer to use my Ti-10 just because it is a lot easier to swing. (You will understand what I am talking about once you have it in your hands.)

I have used the NS-7000 tonight for about a hour, I will make my initial reviews tonight when I get back from a meeting.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I never know there are actually people reading my reviews on my site :eek:

5. henrileconte

henrileconte Regular Member

Since I am a new follower of this discussion, could you tell me what IS your site, I don't know! And I am always curious to read other people's opinion on rackets. See if they have the same experiences as me. Thanks for all the Nanospeed info! I love it!

6. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

Would the NS7000 be stiffer then the AT700? How much would it be in Canada when it comes out?

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    click on the blue underlined name "bluejeff" where he has posted, and a list will come down. Choose to visit his homepage in that list :)

8. henrileconte

henrileconte Regular Member

Thanks!I will go and have look !

9. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Breakin, breakin, breakin. Test, test, test. Report, report, report. Please.

The Whole Forum is looking to you.

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Initial Reviews
    (Doesn't necessary mean it's accurate because it's just the initial feelings of the racket)

Equipments:
    MP99 (3UG5)
    NS7000 (3UG4)
    Both with BG66, same Yonex A440T overgrips.
    (By the way, after stringing and gripping, the balance point of NS7000 is now at 275mm)

Today, I sneaked into the gym (I was supposed to study....oh well :p ), and used my MP-99 and NS-7000 for a hour each. My MP99....well, it's a MP99 and I think there is nothing more to say about this racket (if you don't know what MP99 is like, please do a "search")

When I used the NS7000, it felt good on the power-generating side, although it is a head-light racket. This surprised me a bit as I was expecting it to be weak on the power side. The NS7000 is easy on the power-generation, however, I would not say it exceeds MP99. It may be close to MP99, but if you ask me which one I would pick for smashing, I would certainly take MP99 without a second doubt.

Control was OK compared to MP99. I can control my drive points as well as using the MP99, but my drop-shots and net-shots are all off. I think this is because two rackets are completely different, and I still need some more time on adjusting. At least I know the drives (the flat ones) are good and I would say the controlibility (the measure of control :p) is good, but again, at this point, I will not rate it over MP99, just because I have not yet get used to the racket.

Sound of the racket is kind of weird. (I don't think it's the strings as I have been using same strings for months) It sounds very metallic and to some people it might be a little irritating. (I am fine with it as I like louder sounds)

Durability.....not yet tested as I used the racket for a hour only in singles. :p

At this point (a little unfair to NS7000 because I have not yet get used to it, but here is what I think), if I put them into points, it would be like:

MP-99 (as a benchmark)
    Power-Generation: 8
    Control: 8
    Stiffness: 8
    Maneuverability: 8
    Easiness to use: 8

then, the NS-7000 in my mind would be (again, this is just only for today, as I will be using it more later on, points might change a little)

NS-7000
    Power-Generation: 7
    Control: 7
    Stiffness: 8
    Maneuverability: 8
    Easiness to use: 8

So far, it seems like MP-99 is still better. However, don't forget that MP-99 is the top-of-line product, and its performance is already very nice. So, I am not saying NS-7000 is bad, in fact, I think I like it so far and I think it is a good racket. It's just because MP-99 is too good.....

Above are my very "initial" thoughts. If you are not comfortable with it, or don't like my writings, hey, that's fine with me. As I am not encouraging/discouraging people on buying, all I expressed are just my thoughts:)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Good stuffs. I do agree that when i tried it initially , it does sounds weird.. maybe its the Nanosound :). MP99 does generate more power than NS7000. But i think in terms of solid hits NS7000 is better than MP99. Kudos! Keep up with your review. :)

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    About the sound, my gf said it's the nanos that are screaming "Don't hit me!!" :D:D
    (Very possible :p )

More reviews & thoughts will be coming on this weekend. :)

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Bluejeff, the stringing pattern on your NS-7000 is exactly the same as the one for the AT800 series. Can you confirm that it has the same grommet system as the AT800?

14. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Guys,

Am I right in assuming that this will not be coming out in 4u?

15. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I don't think 4U racquets are very good at all. They are too light which means you really really have to swing fast. However, you can only swing so fast before your arm fly off. I think 3U is a good weight for a doubles racquet. 2U racquets can be good for those who have stronger wrists that can take full advantage of the extra weight and momentum 2U racquets deliver.

16. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

bj, can u post the site of ur homepage? i want to read ur racket reviews also.:)

17. virusvoodoo

court mopper
    Wow, you regard the MP-99 as an 8/10 racquets? I thought that is the best overall racquets that you've used.

Now I wonder what racquets you consider as a 9/10 or 10/10.

18. virusvoodoo

court mopper
  19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    It's not easy to be a racquet tester ;)

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Oh, that's just a base scale. I can call MP99 to be 5/10, but then most of other rackets will be like 2/10 or 3/10. :p

So, I thought it's a good idea to make MP99 to be in "8"s. :)

Hey, not very many rackets on my list can have that many points! 8 is a high score in my reviews! :) MP99 rules!