Jump jump

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by jump_smash, Dec 28, 2003.

1. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Hello, Jump_smash here in Canberra.

Occupation
    SAP Administrator in the public service.

Badminton Skill
    Medium, though dropping, due to less court time and less games against higher
    level players.

History
    Started playing in High school in late 70's, just playing at the local club after my parents introduced me to the game. Spent the next17 years of my life playing at a low standard with no formal coaching 9hence no backhand etc).

Then when I was 30 or so got involve with the state organisation after being on my clubs committee (I was the clubs representative to the state association).

This was to be the highlight of my career as our state succesfully gain our second
    state coach - this time a former chinese ladies singles top ten player, who had
    recently qualified for her level three coaching qulifications (highest level in Australia).

I then moved up in administration serving as the state Vice President, being the
    mangaer of the state U17 team at the June Bevan carnival in Sydney (1996), then the June Bevan in Bendigo (1997). After qualfing for my level coaching certifcate I spent the next three years learning from the coach who I became friends with.

Unfortunately Badminton Australia lured her on to become an AIS scholarship
    coach and assist with the National squad, in Melborune.

I represented my state at Badminton Australia AGM's from then on, and caught up with her occansionaly. In 1998 I watch the World Junior Championships in Melbourne and met Mme LU Shengrong, Punch Gunala, and Justin Suhandinata.

After that Canberra staged a few big tournaments, and I managed to met up with
    the Hong Kong squad including players such as Wang Cheng, and former Chinese Doubles representative at Barcelona Oympics Xing Jiang (who has started serious coaching in Melbourne this last few years), and Zheng Yumin, former Chinese International (who over the last few years has been coaching Hong Kong doubles team)

Just after this my friend was elevated assistant coach to the National coach for BAdminton Australia in time to prepare for the Olympics.

I was an line judge at the Syndey International 1999 (test event for Olympics) then the Sydney 2000 Olympics and met some of the great players of the day.
    I ended up doing lines on the Ladies SIngles Bronze play-off match between Dai Yun and Ye Zhaoying.

After the Olympics I ended up as President of my state association, my friend - Luo Yun left Badminton Australia to become the English National Ladies Singles coach.

After this I played in the many local tournments and a few New South Wales Opens in B grade. The followed up sometime in this period or it might have been before in the Public Sector games in Melbourne.

In 2002 I went to the Thomas and Uber Cups in Guangdong and managed to sit in
    one of the VIP areas, then meting up with with Zheng Yumin and some of the players. I also went to Fuzhou to play with a friend that had once competed in one of our big tournements, when she was on exchange to Tasmania,
    from the Fujian province squad.

Finally ended up playing in my first real Masters (that is after the Trans Tasman
    where after driving to Newcastle for over 9 hours ended up playing with friend who I drove down for the Singles gold and geting absoultly flogged - joked to him he would have to walk abck!) , after missing the World Masters in Melbourne, I played in the Australian Masters, winning some medals (Individuals and a team medal).

I am finally thinking of reteiring from the administration side as 2004 will make the third term of my Presidency of this state, and after all that national, state and club politis and my not playing as much!

BC/BF/BR
    I cannot remmeber if a friend put me onto this site or I came across, but I do know
    a few of my friend from my local state and clubs read the forum, and I should applogise to them for this longwind speach!