Jonassen comments after his win

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2004' started by crazy_smasher, Nov 21, 2004.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

"I knew that he will come out shooting right from the start. He was playing incredibly well in the first set."

"I did not know what to do and was just looking for ways to score one or two points. I ended up getting three. I admire him, and it's just a matter of time before we'll see him again"

Very humble and warm comments from a hard-working player who is always trying his best for so many years :)

I do not know whether anyone noticed his wide smile when he gave a "thumbs-up" to hafiz when the latter did a round the back left hand block which tricked him. Anyone got that pic? Kwun?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't have it. just went through the pics i took of that match. maybe some other guys might have caught it.

i did managed to catch him grinning at his last couple of service in the final match. he was quite confident that the title will be his very soon.

Attached Files:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Jonassen defeated Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei 3-15, 17-15,15-4 to win the SO title

Jonassen clawed his way back to 12-12, then two cross court smashes by Lee gave him two match points at 14-12. But the Dane denied him twice before coming back to win the game 17-15, then running away from his demolarised opponent to easily win the third 15-4. “I was struggling in the opening game, hoping to get a point or two. In the end I got three but I knew I had to do something special to come back in the match,†a beaming Jonassen said shortly after the final.

“It was a question of survival in game two. I was always behind and when he went 14-12, I decided to attack. I took some chances and they came off. “Things just went right for me and in the decider I knew I had the upper hand because I had the momentum behind me,†said the Dane, whose only other success in Asia was the 2003 Korean Open title. A dejected Lee, aged 22, was left to rue his lost opportunities. “My chance was at 14-12 in the second game but I just couldn’t finish him off. His experience proved the key and he managed to keep the shuttle in play,†he said. “In the end, I was too tired to put up any kind of fight and lost the third game very easily.â

Attached Files:

• kj.jpg
      kj.jpg
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
    • kj2.jpg
      kj2.jpg
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    #3 cooler, Nov 22, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  4. Johnny

Johnny Regular Member

Programmer
    Congrats to Kenneth!

Nice to see one of the oldschool gunners winning from time to time :)

I can't imagine anyone more deserving... Cheers mate!

5. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

man...any one noe how could i get the same design jersey that he wore...look nice...lolx