JO Final Results and Prize Distributions

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by sunzhi, Oct 16, 2006.

1. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

JO 2006 Final Results...

Attached Files:

2. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

JO 2006 Prize Distributions....

Attached Files:

3. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Hi all,

It’s been a long time since my last post and man, how has BF grown with the influx of so many new members. That’s a great thing :)

After reading the postings here, I maybe wrong but I think some are getting very personal. I see no wrong in supporting one’s favorite/s, be a hardcore fan… but ‘hating’ a player just because he out-performs your idol or he is arrogant, rude, blah blah…hmm… to me, hate is a very strong word. And confidence is easily mistaken as arrogance. Then again, what’s wrong with having certain unique characters that defines one from others? Isn’t the game much more exciting when those players are involved? What will a tournament be without the likes of TH, LD, PG, LCW or even KJ?

We fans do not represent the players but more often thn not - if we get too personal, too die-hard (not a bad thing if one knows where to draw the line) – it will generate very negative reflection and response (espec from the opposite camps). It’s best if we could refrain from flaming or creating hate-thread/s. As badminton lovers, we should not love and support a player blindly but to enjoy the game as a whole - the fun and excitement it brings. How boring will it be if LD has no opposition in the likes of TH, PG or LCW? Do we have to hate those players who help bringing the best out of our idol/s?

Oh btw, I read somewhere but don’t find it amusing to compare the sweet XXF to a female dog. It’s totally distasteful.. :mad:

Getting back to JO, my greatest delight is seeing Candra/Tony getting back on track again. :D It’s unbelievable how well they controlled the game against Cai/Fu and I dare say, apart from the physical side (maybe), they are (or one of) the best in term of skills in the world right now.

And TH? Sad and disappointed. :crying: I can’t remember the last time any player throwing the towel the way he did. There are enough discussions on this so I shan’t go on. I doubt he will take part in the ongoing CO. A big congrats to LD. Winning the WC is definitely a big mental boost. And the mind-blowing WS final… who dare say a game btw players of the same country is boring (and pre-arranged)? :cool:

Just my 2cts, peace to all… ;)

4. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hahahaha...... great one there sunzhi... :)

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I completely agree with everything you have said. I'm getting rather sick of all this. People need to respect each other and their individual opinions. About the XXF thing... I remember replying to that saying it was meant as a joke. I'd like to make it clear I didn't find it particularly amusing, but I'm sure you can understand it's better if people know that he/she wasn't being serious regardless of what you think of it.

Anyway I think most people are starting to cool down a bit now. I guess like you said with all the new members (including myself), there's bound to be more of this kind of thing.

Thanks for the images! I'll be keeping a copy for future reference :).

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

sunzhi, thanks for the round-up images and welcome back!..;) :cool:
    and nice little recap and input there(sorry, rest of post snipped for brevity)..
    Re this statement, i think it's also fair to say "As badminton lovers, we should not dislike and oppose a player blindly but to enjoy the game as a whole - the fun and excitement it brings"..;) :)

7. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

hi.. i do understand if it's meant as a joke but it's the way it was said, 'having an idol other one's own bf = ???' :confused: duh.... anyway, it's over so no point bringing it up ;)
    peace....

8. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

hi hi... thanks and concur :D

9. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    Sunzhi, really a good post from you. Hope many of the "members" will read and digest it.

10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

haha, world affairs seem to be keeping into the badminton community as well, we seem to be getting a lot of badminton extremists, you know who you are! :D

that say, and i agree that some of the comments are inappropriate, it's still good to see that there are passionate supporters out there. although we should really limit our comments to the players' performances rather than any personal attacks.

11. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    sunzhi, well said! :D Thanks for the info of JO aswell :D

12. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    agree with everything you wrote! :D just one thing, TH is playing in the CO :D ( or the other TH :confused: ) :D

13. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

apparently he is.. glad to know he didn't give up :) don't expect things to go plain-sailing for him and keeping my fingers crossed, no more 'controversy'... he did dispute a call in his 1st round match today and he won 2-0.

14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Great analysis and charts, very nice job, sunzhi ! Thanks a lot.

By the way, couldn't agree more about the all points you made. you are very brilliant!

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    could you make the same charts for the WC2006, please

16. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Excellent post, Sunzhi :) . I didn't bother to read the threads so I was very surprised to know one of them described XXF as a dog. Indeed, it is very distasteful.

17. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

roger.. shd post once done ;)