Japan Open SemiFinals

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by ants, Apr 9, 2004.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Mens Singles

Lindan Vs Bao
    Susilo Vs Park

It seems that LinDan will be winning this tournament.

2. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    hehehe... i share the same sentiments :D

3. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

i believe Ronald Susilo cd prevail for the othr final slot..

4. khelben

khelben Regular Member

haha yes yes... haha GO RONALD!! hope to see him on sunday!! with lin dan!! haha :D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Womens Doubles

Chein/Cheng vs Wei/Zhao
    Ra/Lee Vs Yang/Zhang

Wei Yili and Zhao Tingting will have an upperhand over the chinese taipei..
    however it will be exciting to watch Ra/Lee vs Yang/Zhang as the Koreans would like take revenge of their lost to the Chinese during the Korean Open.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Mixed Doubles

Eriksen/Schjoldager vs Widianto/Marissa

Chen/Zhao vs Prapakamol/Thungthongkam

1st match will be a tight match as the danes have never beaten the Indonesians. They last face each other during SudirmanCup 03. My bet will be the Indonesians

2nd Match , Even the Chinese haven't face the Thais before.. based on their experience .. i will go for the Chinese..

Predictions China Vs Indo in the Finals.

7. khelben

khelben Regular Member

yeah go CQQZTT!!
    hmmm sadly i hate to admit that the winners for xd will probably come from the upper half since CQQZTT have a horrible record against the Danes and have recently been losing to the Indonesians...

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Mens Doubles

Limpele/Hian vs Cai/Fu

Hadiyanto/Alven Vs Kim/Ha

Match 1. They had head to hear record of 1-1. however with the up rising Chinese Pair.. the more aggresive Cai/Fu will most probably take this match.

Match 2. Tough prediction for this match.. very equal pair.. but i guess the indonesians are much younger and fast improving. Kim/Ha has not been making much impact lately.... my guess 60/40 to the indonesians.

9. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Let's see wht we hv gt for tomorrow s-finals...

MS :
    Lin Dan vs Bao CL
    Ronald S vs Park TS

WS:
    Gong RN vs Zhang N
    Zhou M vs Mia A

MD:
    Eng Hian/Flandi L vs Cai Yun/Fu HF
    Alven/Luluk vs Kim DM/Ha TK

WD:
    Chien/Cheng vs Wei YL/Zhao TT
    Ra/Lee vs Yang/Zhang

XD:
    Nova W/Vita M vs Eriksen/Schjoldager
    Prapakamol/Thungthongkam vs Zhao TT/Chen QQ

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Womens Singles

Gong Ruina Vs Zhang Ning

Mia Audina Vs Zhou Mi

Match 1. Zhang Ning has been unstoppable against Gong Ruina.. she has been winning the games convincingly. My bet zhang ning

Match 2. Very tough to decide.. both are equally matched.. Mia is improving alot lately.. i will go for Mia this time

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I can't pretend that I'm not happy for Susilo for going this far again after the AE. To beat two Japanese in the earlier rounds, followed by a surprised win over Wong Choon Hann in straight games and now scalping Shon Seung Mo in the QF and leaving him with no points in the rubber game, this is certainly Ronald's best run so far. His second appearance in the SF this year is good for his confidence and not having to meet Chen Hong, whom he has never beaten in 8 meetings, is another lucky omen. He must thank his next opponent, Park Tae Sang, who managed to outlast Chen Hong, 15-11, 10-15, 15-10. Ronald should really thank Park if he wins the SF and perhaps have another shot at Lin Dan at the Finals. All Singapore fans will be silently cheering for him tomorrow, but if he succeeds and plays Lin subsequently, some of our lady supporters will likely give their votes to their idol Lin!

Lin must have disappointed Gade Supporter for beating Peter Gade in the QF. The scores appear to show that Peter must have gone all out in the first game to win it convincely 15-7, but his subsequent defeats in the second and the rubber game, both at 9-15, again shows that Peter's fitness is still questionable. Lin must have capitalized on this!

And supporters of Candra/Halim for them to play in the TC and qualify for the Olympics may be disappointed as the pair did not make it to the important SF when they lost to the popular Korean pair of Ha and Kim in three games. And it was another surprise when the World Champion pair of Lars Passke and Jonas Rasmussen lost to the 'veteran' pair of Flandi Limpele and Eng Hian.

Tomorrow's SF should be very interesting! :)

#11 Loh, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree with you ants, Think Mia is Focussing on her singles for the olypics, as she has more chance of doing well in that rather than WD, I saw improvement in her in AE, I think she will retain her silver medal in Athens, but still think gold is too much to ask of her.

She got chance to beat Zhou Mi, XXF, but I dont think she can Beat Zhang Ning or gong ruina.

I go for INA in Mixed

Kim/Ha in MD (Or maybe Flandy/eng if they get through, as I think they can beat Kim.Ha, but maybe not able to beat Cai/Fu, But Kim/Ha could beat Cai/Fu) Does anyone understand that??!!

I go for Ra/Lee in WD, shocking, but they are not tired this time, they will win in straight games.

Lin all the way in MS, if he loses its fixed!

13. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

i'm a sporean.... but my vote still goes to Lin Dan :p :D
    Ronald isn't a SPorean also... he's an imported talent :p

14. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Atta smart girl!!!

It's helpless to vote against the inevitable, so just vote with it!

Resistance is futile, everybody will be Lin Dan-ed.... :D :D

15. khelben

khelben Regular Member

haha after so long... i dun consider him imported talent liao... in fact i dun like those 2 words... and by the way... he's already a full fledged singaporean with full citizenship liao...

haha ronald last played lin in the semis of AE... lost 6-15 10-15... not as close as i'd like but well :( ... anyway he's on a run now... never know what getting into the finals might do to a person... haha

so i'm hoping he'll make it thru today (speaking of which he shld be playing now...) so that tmr we can all watch a great final... where of cos ronald has my full support... haha all this coming from an avid lin dan supporter as well!! haha :D

16. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

It's undeniable that Lin Dan's at his best now and would be difficult to beat even for the rest of the top-ranked players. It's also understandable that you'd naturally cheer Lin Dan on cos he's the (or one of the two) most important guy(s) in your life now. But perhaps the 2nd statement's a little uncalled for even if you don't give a hoot about ronald. Ronald's been staying here for about a decade now. He came here to STUDY in ACS on his own if you did not know, and for that matter SBA did NOT import him over. He decided to take up badminton again instead of going to JC later on. He IS a singaporean now in the eyes of law, whether you like it or not. I'm not saying Singaporeans have to support him at all costs, but at the very least, he shouldn't be denied of his contributions to local badminton or be called an 'imported talent' because he never was one.

17. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

oops.... one sentence n pple make so much comments :p
    okok apologies here.... i donno much abt badminton anyway... n i donno much abt other players oso.... i wasn't into badminton for tat long....
    cos i only rem my fran told me ronald isn't a sporean... n i din noe how long he's been here....... tat's y i made tat comment earlier abt imported talent
    sorry =X

#17 HoNgHoNg, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Can't blame you if you think "Ronald isn't Singaporean" as you are so new to badminton!

As a matter of fact, Ronald's contribution is more than the ordinary Singaporean for he has brought Singapore once again onto the badminton world map. Otherwise, very few will know ever know of the existence of tiny Singapore. It will even be more fantastic if Ronald should reach the Finals of the Olympics, for then the whole world with access to TV will know Singapore even slightly better! Except for our well-known weight-lifter, Tan Howe Liang, who won a silver in the Rome Olympics 1960 (?), no Singaporean has even gone that far! In the last Olympics, our China import in table-tennis, Jung Hong (?), who is now a Singapore citizen married with a child to a local ex-table-tennis player, made the quarter-finals!

For HongHong's information, Ronald Susilo, an Indonesian-Chinese, came to Singapore in his teens to study in our secondary school, ACS (Anglo-
    Chinese School), I believe. He was good in badminton and when he finished his secondary school education, he was later invited by the SBA to become a professional badminton player, which he accepted and made tremendous progress. His case is unlike the other badminton talent imports such as the China girls, Li Li and Xiao Luxi, who were directly imported to play badminton when they were in their teens of around 14 years old, although they were given a special programme which included the study of academic subjects.

Whatever the case, Ronald, Li Li, Luxi and others, subsequently became Singapore citizens when they turned 21. So please acknowledge them as Singaporeans now.

In previous posts, we have discussed at some length the merits and demerits of imported-talents and those who subsequently became citizens of their adopted countries. One thing has be stressed and that is that many of our forefathers emigrated to the the new lands of Southeast Asia, perhaps like your and my forefathers, and elsewhere in the other parts of the world,
    to seek a better life and they subsequently became citizens of those countries. Can you term them as "imported" and not true and unworthy citizens of those countries they ultimately decided to settled in?

Compare them with the likes of Ronald, Li Li and others. Do not the latter group bring glory to Singapore? How many of our so-called local bred citizens were able to put Singapore on the world map? I wish there will be more of the Ronald's and the Li Li's for Singapore! :)

19. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

hehehe... thanx Loh for the info :)

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Put aside national pride, concentrating on the pride and glory of badminton

I am reading this thread because it is titled "Japan Open SemiFinals". :confused: But instead of JO semi latest results, there are so many tons of junks about national pride :eek: . Proud to share the same citizenship with Ronald Susilo? Come on! Susilo plays only for money, not for you ;) If you are so interested in these topic, it should be in another forum, or at least another thread, instead of JO semis. Thanks :rolleyes:

Do you guys know that JO semis for MS and MXD have finished?