Japan Open QFinals Day

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Japan Open 2005' started by hcyong, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think it is also important to be realistic when setting targets. That does not mean that once you reach the target, you don't try to go beyond. In this instance, I am not that satisfied because I know he has it in him to beat Kenneth (no disrespect to Kenneth). But then again I was also very relieved that he went past Ronald Susilo in the second round, so if I knew before the tournament that he would reach the quarterfinals, I would have happily taken it.

Maybe it's just me and my under-achieving mental attitude, but it would do not good to keep failing to reach your target.

2. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student
    Who is (near) 100% in JP Open?

Zhang Jun has been injured before the German & All-England Opens that explain their below par performances in the MX events recently. Zhang/Gao also pulled out the English Master last weekend and now lost to their junior pair. So with his injury I'm not surprised with the above results.

But my point is how come an injured (his knee and then back as he claimed) Taufik with condition so bad that he didn't compete in German, All-England & Thai Opens and could beat Gade in 3 long games (95 mins) in the QF today?! I'm amazed and wonder how bad Taufik's injuries are? Perhaps his NEW TARGET NOW is to beat Chen Hong tomorrow and win the JP Open! But it won't look bad if he failed tomorrow since we all have been told just before this tournament that he has injuries. :rolleyes: Can anyone enlighten me/us when did ever a 100% Taufik vs a near 100% Gade in the past? (AE 1999 Final? OG 2004 QF? ...?)

Hope a 101% Taufik vs a 100% Chen tomorrow :)

Anyway, all credits to the winners and those put on good fight in the matches.

Enjoy badminton.

ken

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yes, everyone basically is expecting this from the time the draw was released(some even predicted it will happen)..I have a feeling *IF* Taufik gets by ChenHong, I have a feeling he will win this tournament just for 1 main motivating reason->MONEY...If LinDan meets Taufik in the Final, it will be just the 3rd time both of them have met, and 2nd time in a neutral court(the other meeting in a neutral court was at the Asian Champ. in Phillippine in 2001)..However, I also have a feeling that *IF* Taufik wins vs. Lin Dan in the Final, he will lose against Lin Dan in the upcoming SC in Beijing..Then when WC comes around, Taufik will win it..
    We shall see, here's hoping they'll meet again and it should be another great re-match..:).

4. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

I think Taufik was at 100% in the last Olympics for sure, I don't think Gade was at 100% though, he's never reached 100% after his knee injury - so far. Taufik is strugling with knee and back injuries, I hope he didn't get injury from his match against Gade.

There is a chance that Taufik will lose to Chen Hong this time, although I hope to see Lin Dan vs Taufik final. I've never seen their match before and still looking for their match from the last Indonesian Open Semifinal, but can't find it.

5. 02011953

02011953 Regular Member

About Gade: 'considering - he's 28, he's had this operation and his knee etc etc. If the explanations are needed, you are explaining away why he lost here, there everywhere. That means he is not tops. Look at the results. Face it. He had his time and was great but is no longer.

LCW LD, Bao, Kuncorro - the 4 musketeers who contested the WJC SF in 2000. Of these only LD has a string of titles; the total of Kuncorro, Bao, and CW added together can be counted in one hand. That is how good or bad they are. Hafiz did not graduate from the Oxbridge of the WJC, but he's done better than these blue-blooded offsprings.All the same age.LD is outstanding; Hafiz has something more. The others are wanting something which they may or never learn.I bet on Kuncorro - the youngest.I've given up Bao,the oldest.

Sang/Zheng are in a whirlpool and cannot get out of the maelstrom; they go round and round and up to a crest but down again and round and round again. They are going the way of ChengRui, WangWei, ZhangWei i.e. getting nowhere.

Y

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yes, I also wonder sometimes, is/are the injury(ies) "really severe" or just mentioned as to give somekind of "minor excuse"-thus if he lose he has an "excuse", if he wins, great he won with the "excuse"...I know "they're legit" and I'm not discrediting his admittance to the injury, but i noticed how Taufik now is playing more "mind games" cards, esp. after he won the OG Gold medal, in a degree I guess to put "less-pressure" on himself after he "promised he'll get the AE and WC" but can only fulfill one of them..

#66 ctjcad, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  7. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    So what are two ABC titles and an Olympic Bronze Medal for you? :confused:

Though he is very good, Lin Dan still has to prove he can win major titles... (WC or OG)
    Otherwise no one will remember him in 20 years time... :rolleyes:

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Agreed. Lin has a string a tournaments wins, but Only one AE, and nowhere in majors. Sony has more big tournaments success than Lin.

9. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Hongyan is fat??? waouu if she's fat what i am !!! a monster !!! i've seen her a lot of times !! she's not fat at all !! she has muscle it's a fact, but fat ... waouu maybe you have too many skinny person around you lol :rolleyes:

10. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Now thats a bit arrogant dont u think? :mad:

I'm sure Gade did his best. He always give his best shots, you can see it in his eyes especially when he lost. Going Vs Taufik isn't an easy task.

You are kinda insulting him when you say ''How low can you aim in life''. Gade has done alot for Danish badminton and badminton overall. He's always respectful and competitive.

I'm not sure whats goign on lately but it seems that there is a lot of tension between China supporter and Danish supporter but this statement it is very ''explicit'' and very irritating.

I'm really disapointed to heard this from a Bf'er... shame

11. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Whats the idea?? Sexist and racist at the same time? Wonder how come this guy is still able to post in the forum. :mad:

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Come on guys, knock it off. Let's not go into unchartered waters or we'll have to bring to 'court' and settle it in a badminton duel!!!

Anyways, guys please be polite to each other and not make generalisations based on your opinions without facts to back it up.

Like this one

To 02011953, what exactly are you trying to do here.. express your dislike for french women for french nationality women. I do not know, but all I do know is that you have set some sparks off here.

Also, what you say bout peter gade is almost a bunch of bullocks. Have you forgotten that he burst onto the badminton scene when a couple of greats were in their peak? Do Sun Jun, Peter Rasmussen, Paul Hoyer-Larsen, Ong Ewe Hock, Yong Hock Kin ring a bell??? Or were you not old enough to know that.

Bleh. What am I wasting my time for... time to go back to packing..... Will be back in Brunei in time for the Japan Open finals.

Cheers all.

13. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    ms match
    u what?:eek: travel to brunei just for jo final?
    wow,,,,,,,,,,,

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    questionable member has been warned. thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.