Japan Open 4/7(Day 3)

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Japan Open 2005' started by Ahlut, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    So are Ronald Susilo and Candra Wijaya! And many in the Indonesian team are ethnic Chinese, but don't expect all of them to be able to speak or write Chinese, not even speak their mother tongue like Hokkien or Teochew. ;)

2. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Mmmm... I dont think Li Mao's coaching regime is helping....
    WCH lost to Chen Yu despite under his intensive training...
    Well I dont want to put too much hope into the Lee CW like I did on Hafiz...

Haha its true that some people here mentioned the Malaysians
    always come very close and then create the biggest disappointment
    in the end :p

3. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    But u can tell Ronald or Candra look very chinese....
    Taufik look very malay haha... so does Sony :p

4. Jofianty

Jofianty Regular Member

yeh..i Thought taufik is 100% indonesian
    btw what about Bao Chun lai's match?
    any update about that?
    thanx

5. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

Even the previous MS & WS Olympic Gold medalists - Susi Susanto and her husband are ethic chinese...

6. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

Bao Chunlai won Ng Wei by 15-12, 15-10 :D..Don't worry yet..Worry tomoro when he plays Lin Dan :p:p

7. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

lol. :D my heart is with Bao to win this match. but supposing taufik makes it through, i think i've got more confidence in lin dan triumphing over him.

8. MadaMadaDane

MadaMadaDane Regular Member

too bad hafiz lost.. i expected him to go on to win JO ... :crying: :crying: :crying: maybe fatigue cost him the match ... but 2 titles in a row was a good achivement tho'

9. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    what? no he is not a chinese, he is a moslem, so do sony and flandy, just look at their names, well, candra, alven, and some more others are chinese. even if hes not famous its obvious that he is not just by looking at his name

#29 aiyuuw, Apr 7, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  10. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

Hafiz retired because of a knee-injury - but at that time he was down with one set.
    I'm sure that Kenneth will beat Lee Chong Wei. He is good against the young asians - and I do believe that Peter Gade will win against Taufik.

GOOO DENMARK

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

11. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    JIANG YANJIAOã€LU LANã€ZHU LIN all reach the quarter.It's very startling. They beat Yao Jie, Mia, Xu Huaiwen respectively.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

It's sure the chinese ws will be keep strong in the future!

12. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    Shoulder injury for robertson doesn't bode well for the long term prospects, fortunately he is paired with robert blair in mens who is young and can do the hitting for him. But robertson took a fair while to recover from his last shoulder surgery (he played the AE2004 far too soon after) i wonder if he was struggling at the masters too, he couldn't seem to put the shuttle on the floor. similary to the problems he had at AE2004.

while he can get away without his smash in mens, he really can't play mixed without it..

suppose it's fortunate that we're coming to a natural break in the season...

13. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

You want Bao to win Lin Dan?? I'm not sure who i support to win in this match though...tough decision..

14. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

yeah.. it's not very surprising considering Lin dan's not under my favourites list, whereas Bao is. ;)

15. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

So how come he lost to Hafiz last week? Hafiz is only 22. Be more objective in your assessment.

16. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    so, candra/sigit are going to face luluk/alven AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,

17. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

Six Malaysian players in 1/16, however only one made it to 1/8. I cannot put too much hope on LCW and am afraid that this could end up to be one of the worst tournaments for Malaysian so far (none could reach 1/8?). Really hope that LCW could turn the table against KJ this time, after losing to him back to back in Singapore open and Copenhagen master.

I don't think WCH and Roslin can make any bigger breakthrough in their career anymore. They can probably only play for another 1 or 2 years before retired. Malaysia only have LCW, Hafiz and KBH who can pick up the challenge for the country in any future tournaments. Apart from these 3 players, I doubt there is anyone else who can play better in the country. We need to bring up our juniors urgently. Our single juniors are far behind compared to Chinese and Koreans and this is even more critical issue than doubles.

In doubles, I think CTF/ CCE is almost out of the race to qualify for WC. Although their 1/4 result from Thailand open may give them a place on top 24, their poor run in Japan Open will not help to get any better position. Eventhough we have 4 doubles on the top 24 by the end of May, we should give opportunities to two young doubles (Tan/ Ong & Tazari/ Lin). I guess the original Chong/ Lee combination will drop out of top 24.

It's time for Malaysia to bring more young players in the senior team now. The senior likes WCH, Roslin, CTF/ LWW/ CCE should be able to be their sparing partners to help growing up their standards.

BAM should act before it is too late.

18. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    and will they ... LOSE AGAIN!! :rolleyes:

19. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    he is? but i think even if he is going to win, i dont think lee chong wei will not put up some fights, becos from what ive seen in singapore open, the match between 2 of them, it seemed to be quite an even match
    just my 2 cents [​IMG] dont be mad

#39 aiyuuw, Apr 7, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  20. khelben

khelben Regular Member

yup the match they played in singapore wuz a thriller... and both seemingly playing better and better during this season... should be quite a match to watch... sadly we have no means of watching it.... :(

i think the gade taufik match could go either way... taufik has been out of action for a very long time and gade is well... not really at the top of his game... should be interesting... but again... no telecast... sigh...