Japan/China Open '06: why did taufik lose ?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by baihaki_as, Oct 15, 2006.

1. smashko

smashko Regular Member

I did not watch the match live, but it sounds like a exellent match from what you guys are talking about. I can not wait to watch the video record. Can some one load it up, please.
    Were there any bad line calls against TH or did anyone hear LYB shouting "break his legs" ?
    Comparing walking off the court in HKO to giving up fihgting in the 3rd game I see improvement in TH. TH would not have given up if he saw any chance of winning the game or felt he had any gas in the tank. A TH in top form was beaten by Super Dan, that's all. But I still want to say that TH did well in this JO by beating LCW in a convincing manner and reaching the final. This is his second best performance after IO.

2. atitmd

atitmd New Member

does anybody here know where to download these videos? thanks.

#42 atitmd, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah, it was a great game up until Taufik lost it in the third set. There were many really good rallies and both players were going for almost everything (some really amazing returns). There were no bad line calls as far as I could see, and I'm not sure LYB was even there. At least he didn't go up to Lin Dan during breaks. If you forget about the terrible final set you've got a really good match, and it's well worth downloading if it gets put up here :).

4. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

It could have been a brilliant match actually.
    The problem was there were no bad line calls so it didn't give him any opportunity to walk off.
    So he just hit all his shots into the net as if to say to Lin Dan "you can't beat me when I play properly"
    Even Lin Dan felt a bit embarrased, and he showed no reaction after winning.
    Taufik is an arse, he didn't care **** about the people who were there to watch the finals.

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I really don't think it was like that. From what I saw it started off in the third set with Taufik giving it his all (I'll have to watch it again though to be sure), but mistake after mistake caused him to lose his cool. He just couldn't fucus anymore and ended up in the last few points of the match so frustrated that he just gave the points away.

That's what I think anyway. I'll state again though that it wasn't particularly sporting to do such a thing, but like I remember someone saying in another thread, "Taufik is Taufik". It's just how he is, he can't do much about the way he feels. We don't need to like what he does sometimes, but at least accept who he is. Remember that it's far easier to notice people's bad points than their good ones.

6. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

i agree 100%!!!!

7. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

I'm not making the argument that "Taufik is not Taufik".
    I'm making the argument that Taufik is an arse that has little respect for Lin Dan who handed him his butt, and little care about the sport and the public who pay to watch the finals.
    And no, I don't have to accept him for what he is if I think he's an idiot that has little character.

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hey, chill dude. From wat i know LD is also known for treating his opponents with less respect as well.....:rolleyes:

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Err, ok then lol if that's what you think. But you completely missed my point. Nor do I think you quite understand what I meant by "Taufik is Taufik". You can think what you want of him, I'm not worried. But please... take your insults elsewhere, we don't need to hear them.

10. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

simply, LD is better than TH, ........ no other reason especially for the 3rd set.
    LD is like diesel engine (remember in WC2006, he beaten BCL in 3rd set also easily).
    for the time being, I think only LD himself can beat LD, no doubt for it.

Let's see in the China Open from tomorrow onward.

11. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Lin Dan is not as humble as LCW, Gade, or maybe Xia.
    But he does what he is supposed to do on court, which is play to the last point.
    If Lin Dan were to stop playing in any game, he wouldn't even be in the chinese team.

12. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik lost due to far too many mistake in 2nd game..
    And I personally think Taufik will find it difficult to reign in new scoring system.. The more I watch him play, the more I am convinced that he cannot beat LD..
    He is so good at stringing consecutive points and then throwing away consecutive points, he is not persistent enough which is very typical of him..
    Anyway all credits goes to LD.. I think both players are on form & it could have went either way

sidenotes: BC is flooding with meaningless childish argument. Kwun/other admins, I hope in the future you guys will lock down any thread whenever someone expresses hostility or making offensive comments. Thank you.

13. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Taufik stamina very bad. That's way before The Final, Indonesia manager team said: Need to improve Taufik's Stamina. It's presimistic from Indonesia to win.

I think Taufik can't win at China Open because start on Tuesday, 17Oct... Taufik can go to training to improve his stamina... Unless the Sea Games Doha....

Lin Dan stamina very good and stable. Lin dan just gave taufik lift and not much play at net..It is very good strategy by Lin Dan. It is the Second Game...After 15-15 Taufik Stamina drop..

I think Taufik have to preparing to improve his stamina and change his attitude.....If He can do it...He will be the great player again... I want Taufik to do it because right now I want to see the LD opponent can be strong..Included LCW, Peter Gade....Because Only three of them can beat Lin Dan.....

Let's go....LCW, Taufik and Peter Gade...

14. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

I'm really biased against Lin Dan because I really don't approve of his sportsmanship, but you have to admit that Lin Dan is truly a great player. He is very consistent and has an amazing fighting spirit. In order to be #1, you really do sometimes have to be very arrogant in order to stay focused. Not many people like him because of that, but you have to recognize his abilities.

Taufik is also an amazing player. He has shown that if he wants it, he will win it. He is a very gifted player, but he tends to lose in the mental game and therefore does not use his gifts to their full potential. His backhand and netplay is usually unrivaled (ESPECIALLY that backhand of his...), but again his mental preparation isn't solid.

Taufik was very into the game. The first game he was outplaying Lin Dan and Lin Dan was showing some frustration with his game play. Early in the match, Taufik was showing some disgust with Lin Dan's flick serves, sometimes looking to the service judge to see if there was a fault, and sometimes frustrated at himself for not getting the shot. In the second game, he shouted with frustration, showing he was clearly trying to win. But again, he lost in the mental game and ended up losing the 2nd game and gave away the 3rd game. He should have fought, but Taufik tends to be a little unstable, particularly when he doesn't like the player he's playing against. I love watching him play against Lee Chong Wei and Peter Gade because they have a deep respect for each other and show it, but no player seems to show any respect for Lin Dan because no one really likes his sportsmanship. They recognize his talent and Peter Gade said in his interview that Lin Dan was just stronger (Didn't mention a thing about Lin Dan's conducts. Shows how humble Peter Gade is).

There was no Li Yong Bo or controversial line calls. Taufik lost mentally, and therefore lost the game. Kinda reminds me of a certain Denmark doubles team that got the yellow card...:eek:

There was a small Indonesian cheer squad, but I think they worked against him. To me, they were really annoying and not like the Thomas/Uber Cup crowd. All they did was chant and shout a few times and followed it with childish screaming and laughter. They "cheered" in funny voices they made. Honestly, they were all children. It wasn't serious cheering.

I love Tony and Candra because they are #1 and humble at the same time. After the first game ended during the finals against MAL, both teams switched ends, but Tony walked back and brought back one of the MAL player's towel that he forgot to take with him.

#54 Bobatea, Oct 15, 2006
  15. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I agree of what you said, Bobatea. We will only see Taufik's bad sportmanship when he plays against Lin Dan. I remember than when LCW defeated Taufik 15-0 in Malaysian Open 2 years ago, Taufik behaved properly and still played till the end. He even praised LCW for playing well after the defeat.

#55 Malaysianfan, Oct 15, 2006
  16. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    because he just gave up after 11 in the 3rd set and hit most of the shots into the net. In fact, he intentionally put the shuttle into the net during the championship point.

He was not sporting and show no sportsmanship, period.

17. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

Sigh what can I say...

It has been long time that I dint post to a thread after I was being bashed like a bashed potato for starting a thread to condemn taufik for his egoness and lousy sportmenship about a year. At that time, everyone said I was prejudice and wrong with my opinion but after today I think many of you will know who taufik really is.Congrats to LD!

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Ya that's why I say Taufik really cared about this game. He overestimated himself. He thought he can compensate his bad stamina/power/speed using his net play. But when LD realized that it's totally safe to give Taufik lifts (which is normally a bad idea when playing against Taufik), TH is doomed.

Maybe Li Mao is right. Taufik has passed his peak, not because he is old or anything, but because he needs to train very hard to gain his old agility, speed and power, I really doubt he can do that. And without them, beating LD is impossible. :cool:

19. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    agree with ckloo with TH, he gave up! :mad: I thought it would be a really close match between LD+TH as TH seems to be motivated and playing well! But I'm really really angry at TH for doing that! :mad: Especially about him just touching LD's hand after the match!

20. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Now LD is the real champion! Jia You aaaaaa :D