ISO900 or ISO TI SP?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BABBLED, Aug 4, 2001.

1. BABBLED

BABBLED Guest

i am confused which one to get... which one is better? give me some suggestion please. all in all, i prefer a light but powerful racquet... how about the 4 inflextions? SX/SS/SR/SA...

thanks for your comments =)

2. budi

budi Guest

Iso Ti SP SX --- light but powerful racquet

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I have an Ti SP SS and i feel it is not as stiff as an Iso 900.

I would think the Sr would suit u more if you are selecting the ISo 900 and the SS if you aer selecting Ti Sp.

4. BABBLED

BABBLED Guest

yogesh, why so?

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think that the ISo 900 is supposed to be more solid than the Ti Sp.

U wanted a light racket and i felt that the ISo 900 SR was stiffer than the Ti Sp SS.

But the Ti Sp is somehow more powerful than the Iso 900.
    I think u wanted a light and powerful racket and i think the SR of ISo 900 might just fit your bill right.

Why dont u try the Carlton Signature Ti. Some consider it stiffer than the Ti 10(Which i doubt though) and it is supposed to be offensive and 81Gms.

If u are buying the SR then make sure u buy a G5 grip so that the racket is slightly head heavy.

I hope u dont have big hands.In case ur hands are big then i think the SS G4Might be the right choice and if u can try out both these rackets and then buy.

I hope this helps.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Babbled,

The Ti SPs are slightly stiffer than the ISO 900 rackets.
    Here are what the 4 variations rackets are for (from Yonex):
    SX - Offensive Singles (smasher)
    SS - Offensive Doubles (drives)
    SR - Defensive Singles (regular) (for high clears)
    SA - Defensive Doubles (for high clears)

(sorry I have to break this post into pieces becuase the form doens't let me post large posts)

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: ISO900 or ISO TI SP? (con't)

SX/SS both 87 grams
    SR/SA both 81 grams (SA feeling the lightest)
    all of them have different balance points.

Basically form SX to SA, the stiffness gets slower. From what I know is that some people do not like the SX becuase there is too much of a leverage that it gives people muscle pain. SS is acts similar to the ISO 800. SR is for like consistantcy and SA is more for speed.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: ISO900 or ISO TI SP? (con't)

I currently own both the Ti SP SA and SS. I mainly use the SA becuase I like to use speed to gain the power becuase I'm not quite that strong, so I use that to compensate for the lost power. This racket comes in handy becuase it's very usefuly for quick manuevering - so it's very useful for doubles. (this racket is more like a fitness type thing)

I cannot really comment about the SS becuase I don't use it as much as the SA but I say it's ok but it's more for power so I cannot swing quite as fast as the SA.

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've finally tried the Ti SP SX last night (for 15 minutes), it is a great offensive racquet. Definitely much easier to play with than the ISO 900 SX.

I also own a Ti SP SA, while it can be swing really fast, power is limited (have tried with BG85 at 24 lbs and BG88Ti at 26 lbs). I'll try to use BG66 26 lbs next time to see whether it can generate more power.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ricky,

I have to warn ya, after playing for several days, you may really get a muscle strain unless you have a very strong arm, so it wouldn't be recommended for people without the strong arm.

I like SA for speed since my power is weak but I enjoy it thou.

11. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I used to play with Ti-10 (2U and 3U) and I found that Ti SP SX is a easier racquet to play with. Hopefully I've strong enough arm/wrist to use the racquet (however I don't think I've particularly strong arm/wrist, especially in compare with people like Cheung).

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    =)

Well when I treid the SX, ahhh! way too much leverage that I didn't really have full control of my hits.

13. John

John Guest

ISO TI SP SX really rocks!!!!

It beats the hell out of Ti 10 and MP100 !!!!!!