ISO750 comparible to ISO800?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ah Ching, May 2, 2001.

1. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Hi everyone. :) Don't know if this happened to your racquet before but this is what happened to mine. I smashed the bird but on the top 1/8th of the racquet near the frame. My sixth sense told me something was wrong. I looked at the racquet but no strings broke. After the match I sat down and looked at my racquet(ISO800SP). I broke my string after stringing it for 2 weeks!!! But wait. I looked closely with the people I play with and we all wondered how the string is not around the grommet? There was a crack where the string was missing. The string tension was still fine and nothing broke. One guy concluded the string cut through the graphite and got stuck in there. Then everyone came over to see the racquet. I don't know if it is the quality of the SP racquets or not but this is rather a weird way of breaking a racquet. The racquet was strung with BG68Ti at 21lbs. I can still play with the racquet with no lost tension. :) I know the string will break soon. Time for a new racquet. :) Hate to see the ISO800SP go, but a good 3 years of use. Now to the question, is the ISO750 comparible to ISO800 in terms of stiffness, head heavy, balance, and overall weight? Is the ISO750 have the muscle power frame? Comments and suggestions appreciated. :)

2. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Just to add, any racquet that closely compares to the ISO800 in terms of stiffness, head heavy, balance, and overall weight. Thanks. :)

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ah Ching,

That seems to be a natural wear and tear to me if you played it for so long. You can't really blame the SP rackets because I had two of them and they never had problems at all. They are made the same way as non-SP rackets are. I believe Yonex can give you a free replacement if your racket broke natrually according to a badminton store rep, I talked to. Has your racket gone through some clashing before? That could of caused premature damage even thou you could not see it from the outside.

Well a very good racket which I would recommend to you as a replacement to the ISO 800 is the Ti Swing Power SS, which the badminton rep told me. I have also tried the 800 and SS for comparision and they relatively feel about the same; maybe a bit more powerful because of Swing Power.

Hope this helps.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ching,

It is very normal of Isometric rackets to break at the Head.So i guess there is nothing wrong with your racket breaking at the Head.

Is your Iso 800 a 3U or 2U.

If It is 3U then u can repair it. All u have to do is tie it with a Badminton string in a special manner and then put a good glue.I am very sure a Racket reparist can get it done for u.

If it is a 2U then the racket might become heavy in the head. U might have to put a loy of grips to Balance it.Not worth the effort.

Pls be care ful when u Cut the guts. The racket Will have a tendency of breaking in the pressure points. Namely in the top 3/4 o fthe racket.

If u are very fond of ISo 800 but dont want to venture into it again then u can probabaly buy the Winex ISo 800 and buy a Yang Yang SSP 900 instead of the Popular Yonex Swing power 900 as recommended by Matt.

I think u might go for a better racket than ISo 800.

IF u are looking for a very good racket in yonex then u can try the ISo 200 power SP.

It is a discontinued model and only comes in the old yonex symbol.

It is 2U and Gopi chand used to use it in his Local matches against Us.

SO give it a try.

Best of luck

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    not the first time...

It's not the first time I've seen that happened.
    Actually... hehe...
    I was borrowing a friend's carlton racquet.. I wont say which model..

As I was playing I heard a crack noise in the racquet... I thought nothing of it, and during my next smash, I heard it again...
    well when I looked at the strings, the were really close together, but not broken at all..
    when I looked, at the racquet head, the graphite between the grommets cracked.
    I'm thinking it's just a manufacturing bug that happens once in a while, possibly even a poor stringing job.
    not sure...
    the strangest things seem to happen in our sport. :)

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I think there's only a six month warranty... I don't believe they extend that under any circumstances..
    Of course those are the rules that were handed down to me, when I asked for a replacement. :(

7. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Do you people know how to read?

The man is asking if the iso750 is comparabe to the Iso800, you can atleast answer his question before you give other suggestions.

I think the Iso750 is just like the Iso800, but I think that the Iso750 has a little more power because of muscle power frame and the shaft is 1cm longer. If you want to replace your Iso800 with something very near exact to it, get the Iso750.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: Do you people know how to read?

Well,

You have to consider that these people may not have tried the 750 so they will NOT be able to answer it. If I were to answer it anyway even I never tried it, I would probably be a unreliable source of information.

9. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)

Also, I own one of these bad boys.

10. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Quan, what variety of colours does the ISO750 Muscle be sold in? ISO750 Muscle compare to the other power house racquets such as Ti SP, MP100 and Ti-10?

11. harry

harry Guest

iso750 only comes in one colour

iso750- mp tip (at 11 to 1 o'clock)
    tiSP- swing power technology
    mp100- mp head (all around frame)
    ti10- mp tip (at 11 to 1 o'clock)
    they are all different