Iso Ti Swing Power SX Vs Ti-10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Byro-Nenium, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    The Yonex Isometric Titanium Swing Power, the most expensive racket in Singapore selling for approximately $263. And the Yonex Ti-10, 1 of the most popular rackets amongst intermediate players like myself, beginners and even the professionals.

The Yonex Ti-10 known for its ultimate power and the Isometric Titanium Swing Power known for its expensive bargain.

I've tried both and i know what i think of them. What do you people think? Which one is better, i know which 1 i think is.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    In Japan, Ti SP costs 21,000 yen but Ti-10 costs 24,000. I really don't know why this happen.

I haven't tried Ti SP as there is no CN version for Ti SP so far (perhaps there exist, but I can't find it in all my favorite shops).

I love my CN version of Ti-10, perhaps it really fits my style. I do hope there is one racquet which has the same level of control of ISO 800, but as powerful as Ti-10 as well.

I look forward for my new MP-100.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    expensive bargain?

huh? :)

does anyone know how much difference is there between the Iso Ti Swing Power and the old Iso900 Swing Power? i had a Iso900 SS and i absolutely love it, until i broke it (on the second day! and yes, i break a lot of rackets). i want to get a replacement and not sure if the Ti Swing Power is a good one. how much do they sell for in HK these days??

4. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student
    RE: expensive bargain?

I have've got a Iso500 SS, are the Iso500 more or less the same as Iso900? If so, is it a head heavy racquet?
    I think the Iso900s are selling for HKD $600+, while the Ti Swing Power are for HKD $900+

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

I have only used the Iso900 SS, which has a similar weight distribution as the Iso500, but different material.

i find that it has the best balance on weight, stiffness and weight distribution. it is heavy and stiff enough for smashes but yet head light enough for defense and drives. i mainly play doubles. it may not be as good a racket for singles. the SR is also an excellent racket. much faster than the SS, but less powerful.

wow. $600? i am going to stock up next time i go to HK!

i've never used an Iso500, i don't think they sell them in the US.

6. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad

The Iso 900 series and the Iso Ti Swing Power series are almost the same. The only difference i notice is that the Ti version has more power and thats about it. But since the amount of power that is added isn't that much, it doesn't make much of a difference. Thats my opinion. Because smashing with the Iso 900 still is quite powerful.

Get the Ti version if you like stronger tensions like 25lbs or something.

7. Ken

Ken Regular Member

Student

Hi Kwun, guess I have to disappoint you. I've a chance to drop by a shop, and it's listed as HKD $690 (or $730???!!! Oops....), so it should be on the high 600 even you bargain with them... Sorry for giving you some false hope.

BTW, you a pretty into the ISO 900s.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

Ken,

$690 is about the same price i paid around 2 yrs ago. i guess it is not bad considering the inflation!

i still remember the good old days when a cab 21 was around $500, and cab20 was around $450. how much are they selling them these days?

i was looking at some of the pictures of Ji Xingpeng, the racket that he was using in the olympic looks like the 10+ years old cab20 in blue color. has anyone been able to see it more clearly?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

hmm... i don't mind more power. :) but 25lbs seem to be a bit too much for me.

i had my iso900SR strung at that tension. and it has been developing this crack along the top of the frame. very interesting crack, it is along the top of the frame, at the inside, spans around 8 or so grommets (holes). it has been like that for nearly 10 months but it is still holding up!

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ji XinPeng's racquet

Yes, it really looked like a Cab 20. I was going to ask as well

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    RE: Ji XinPeng's racquet

can you still get those old cab20? i remember 2 yrs ago we could still buy the old cab21. but the old trusty cab18, cab15, etc were completely out of production.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

I caught a rare glimpse of one the other day. Have also seen cab21.
    Are u interested in getting it?

Trusty Cab 18, 15? Are u sure?

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

they revived the cab21 and started selling them here in the US. the paint and everything looks the same. not sure about the construction though.

cab20. probably good for collector's item. i remember that and the cab8 was the best rackets around for quite a few years. before yonex had an explosion of racket models.

i used the cab18 when i first got into playing badminton. i then sold it to a friend, and his brother sat on it. that was my first horrifying encounter with a completely cracked and crooked racket.

14. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad

Here in Singapore there are alot of new rackets by Yonex. Like the Carbonex 8, 15,18 and 20 with added Titanium Mesh.ITs pretty cool. I haven't tried any of them yet. Their resonable in price even at expensive stores.