Is this shuttle in or out?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by VeritasC&E, Apr 15, 2019.

?

Would you say that this shuttle was in? out? that it definitely needs to be replayed?

1. The shuttle was out

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. The shuttle was in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The shuttle clearly needs to be replayed

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. llrr

llrr Regular Member

No. It has nothing to do with being unfair to myself or playing against myself. I simply wanted to avoid 1. Having an argument when the tie was already decided. 2. Having my opponent question my calls when I'm further away. I'm not sure about you but I separate aspects of my life quite well and easily so it's not an issue for me.

2. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

From what you wrote you conceded not to win a point when it was clear to you that you had won it (according to the rules).

You may be well trained at fooling yourself but you have no control over what the subconscious part of your brain is doing, and it is not separating any aspects your life. It also so happens to be crushingly dominant in determining your actions, choices and behaviours, so if you want to be successful in life I'd humbly advise to pay close attention to what you subconsciously teach yourself and teach your kids (if you have any).

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Please don't presume anything about me thanks. You obviously don't understand that sometimes some things are not worth arguing over.

4. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

To presume is to take an idea to be true on the sole basis of probability. In the present case, anything I said not just fails to mainly be based on probability alone but, as is evident in my comment, was mainly based on your own accounts. The same can be said with respect to the second sentence immediately following your presumption comment.

If you provide a list of the things that you are referring to as not being worth arguing over, you would actually present your opinion, and others could be left to discuss whether or not they agree.

If you refer only to having to concede against the way of the rules and against your own interest for merely social reasons, as I made evident: I am of the opinion that is something worth arguing over, and that it is a principle that would extend our lives way beyond the mere boundaries of badminton.

5. psyclops

psyclops Regular Member

People, people, please stop feeding this hungry troll.