Is thinner or thicker string more durable? (Not in terms of breaking)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by SSSSNT, Jul 5, 2020.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Obviously thinner strings are more prone to breaking, but what about other factors of durability like going dead, repulsion loss, etc? I don't string with high tension, so it's rare that my string breaks regardless of how thin they are. What string would you recommend that is durable?

ucantseeme likes this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I personally never found one which exceed 20 hours for me. Each string I used (and it's a long list) lost a bunch of playability for my liking (repulsion and feel) after around 20 hours on court. Maybe I'm a bit fastidious due having a string machine at home and my tension is also a factor which let the string age faster, but it is quite noticeable. I personally think that the pulled tension also plays a role how long you can play a string within a tolerable area and what's your tolerable area and how much money has influence on your hobby.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

My newly strung racket just before this horrible lockdown, turn into crappy even if it just sleep in my bag for almost 2 month.

Losing tension fast & easy to snap are the price for highly repulsive thin string.
    Tho some brand had different durability & tension hold but its due to their material. Coating & all but overall they more or less simillar each other.