Is there a shortage of shuttles?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by michael23, Oct 4, 2022.

1. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the COVID restrictions in China are resulting in shortages of shuttles?

A couple of sellers here in Australia are limiting customers to 5 tubes of Aeroplane Black.

Not sure if it only Aeroplane shuttles, or other brands as well?

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Not sure if there is shortage or what, but 1 thing for sure, all brand shuttlecock price constantly rising every month.
    For example that i can remember Victor Lark 5/ Yonex League 5 few month ago are at IDR 120K, now its IDR 160K. its not only a branded one, other brand including our local brand also constantly rising its price.

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I usually buy Yonex AS30 shuttles for when I play with my "no strings" group that requires us to bring our own shuttles. I go through 2-6 shuttles a week on average. Went to the local website I buy them from and they are out of stock :( (UK). So I went for some Yehlex shuttles and they were luckily in stock.

The website tried to get me to buy AS40s, but the price was like £28 a tube. Way too expensive.

--
    The company I work for do EC fan replacements and supplies as part of our business. The lead time on certain products now ranges from 4 weeks to 80 weeks. I'm not even joking.

yenyesoh likes this.
  4. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Same for us here in Canada. Li Ning has been raising their prices for shuttles every few months.

Yonex AS40s pre pandemic were ~ $38 CAD but now I see them selling for $49 CAD

yenyesoh likes this.