Is Bao chun lai cheating?? Chen Hong got red handed cheating!!!

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by eagle, Dec 9, 2006.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why is it that it has to be TH against the Chinese players?
    What do you think of post #33 by Smichz?

2. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

I'm afraid I can't follow his train of thought the way it was posted. I would certainly not scroll all the way down to read every bit unless I'm going to throw a tirade of my own.

I understand though that any international player of any nationality does things in their own ways to gain an unfair advantage. Nothing to do with ethnicity specially in todays GLOBAL VILLAGE.

Admittedly, there are ardent fans who'd construct their arguments so that they sound completely neutral. The thing is, if these people were truly neutral, they would not have gone back again and again in the circus after the show is over. Truly neutral people would lose interest...the fact these people come back and hammers out theories upon theories (supposedly) of blabber to fill the gaps speaks for themselves (ulterior motives masks in neutrality).

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

People were alleging the chinese players were tampering the shuttles to make it fly faster :)

4. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Well, allegedly also, pretty much anyone knows how to re-orient the shuttles:D!

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Everything I've seen about Chen Hong so far seems to suggest he's a pretty decent guy. I also don't think TH has ever had any issues with him; on the contrary they appear to have a lot of genuine mutual respect. If then I am correct in these assumptions, then here is what I think happened...
    At their level of play, they trust that each player will inspect the shuttle before beginning a rally. So if they want to make sure that the shuttle is changed, they will check it more "rigorously" and this in turn also sends a signal to the other player who would mostly agree to go with the change. Most referees will go along as well, if the players mutually want the same thing: after all, they are the ones who have to deal with the bird. As for turning his back and all that stuff: they need to keep moving, they need to create space to think, and so the walk away from the net is a very natural thing. And the referee did his job, and that's fair, too. And the game moved on to its logical conclusion.
    Maybe in badminton terms we sometimes see too many gremlins under our beds. :)

6. loyal2INA

loyal2INA Regular Member

badminton viewer
    At the end of MS final WC2010, there was best moment video of TH vs Chen Jin. It was so clearly that CJ was breaking the shuttle..very clearly at my sight..
    ooohh,,,how disappointed i am. i don't want to believe that chinese players which was a very talented and skillful badminton player was doing some unworthy actions..
    hope bwf will more strict and assertive about this tricks so that badminton could be become truly respectable game..

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..or maybe more members now with too much time on their hands, maybe just want to make noise, to keep on posting and repeating their notion..:confused:

8. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

Maybe Chen Hong took his TIME looking and tampering the shuttle... And THEN giving it to Taufik....
    So that Taufik changes the shuttle.
    This might clearly buy him more TIME to breathe.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, most probably. I think he is a decent guy and tampering the shuttle to his advantage was not in his mind and he just need some time to think over his game. During those times, they used to change the shuttle freely without any objection from the opponents.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Why suddenly 'cheating' thread is so popular in BC?

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    and the competition !!
    with Chen Jin, we are talkiing about the final of WC !!

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hmmm... looks like new rules need to be raised. ;)

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

China vs china nevermind la;)

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Exactly my point earlier on. Often people tend to get carried away with their own theories and overlook the basic human drama that is being played out on the court. You take a single moment in isolation and you can spin it any which way you want to. The danger in this is that you end up creating bad feelings and unnecessary resentment where it could have been avoided altogether.

We also need to remember that all these professional players are constantly aware of the fact that MULTIPLE CAMERAS WITH MULTIPLE ANGLES anre constantly following their ever move, with sharp zoom lenses and super slow-mo capabilities. They have to be VERY mentally challenged and stupidly arrogant to think they can actually pull off a cheat and not get caught. :D

15. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    They have to be VERY mentally challenged and stupidly arrogant to think they can actually pull off a cheat and not get caught. :D[/QUOTE]

I disagree at that point. A lot of people cheat at every sport and can get away with it. Even bigger stages like football, basketball, and soccer. I wont be surprised if 50 years later these professional badminton players admit they cheated at least once and not get caught.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    sometime its not that they want

but just old habits die hard

i think i am still doing that - stroke the feathers to make them slowerl

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    there's a little devil in everyone. No exception. ;)

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Some actions are old habits like stroking the shuttle to straighten the feathers and walking around the court between points. I remember one match in the 80's between Prakash Padukone and Han Jian. Prakash was wiping his sweat on his forehead with his sleeves repeatedly on his service that it was so annoying and I think he won 15-0.

#58 nokh88, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Some got caught, like Henry's hand ball against Ireland. Do you guys think it was accidental ? Just an example I can think of at this moment.

#59 nokh88, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Yes,

Furthermore they may be 4-8 cameras around but usually only 1 makes it to the telly screen at 1 point of time.

With that we have to rely on a TV producer to spot the right camera showing the 'crime'