Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Killing and then Murdering:p....ooohhh, that is pretty big time crime lah...also, with the salary you posted previously, where are Hendy and Rexy gonna go??? With those salaries, that is pretty good living in MAS lah;):D

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BAM is set up for Malaysian Badminton players

Whether we, Badminton fans, are giving up on BAM, I am sure BAM would not care, since BAM is set up as an association for Malaysian players, and not as an association for Malaysian Badminton fans.

But when we hear that some players are giving up on BAM, there must be something wrong. Is it that they think that BAM is not good enough for them?

As for the many MAS players not wishing to be part of the BAM set-up, I think it's a good thing for our Badminton. But if BAM is biased against these independent players, then I would say that BAM is not functioning as an association for Badminton players in Malaysia, but they wanting their brand of 'BAM Badminton' (which to me, they are saying 'Badminton players' interest' is not as important as their 'Badminton association interest').

Yes, perhaps independent players in Malaysia should form 'an association for MAS professional players' and leave BAM alone.

#42 chris-ccc, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

ZZ said: The experience I gained helps make me a better player

I just read an article about what Zulfadli Zulkifli has said;

“For now, I am satisfied with my training programme with KLRC (a professional badminton outfit) and there is no immediate plan to join the national set-up,” he said.

“My current goals are to play for Malaysia in the Asian Juniors (in July) and the World Juniors (in October). It doesn’t matter whether I am with the BAM or not because at the end of the day, I still have to give my best for the country.

“A reason for having the edge over the BJSS players is my participation in more international tournaments than them. The experience I gained helps make me a better player.”

However, Zulfadli said that he would not totally rule out joining the BAM.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story....orts&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4ddcafb0964544a8,0

Just hope that BAM would not do to ZZ like they have done to Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen (for the 2011 World Championships in London)

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I thought he was already beating players

a few years older than him when he was 14 yrs old :D

So is it playing more tournaments helping him :D

This guy doesn't know he got talent ? :confused:

#44 pBmMalaysia, May 30, 2011
  5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

This guy doesn't know he got talent ?

Hahaha...... Zulfadli is actually quite polite when he replied;

“For now, I am satisfied with my training programme with KLRC (a professional badminton outfit) and there is no immediate plan to join the national set-up.”

:):):)

While KL coach A. Sankar said Zulfadli should join the national set-up because it will only serve to make him a better player: “Zulfadli is an incredibly talented player and only through a good training programme such as the BAM’s can he go far and fulfil his potential.”

And, while the BAM general manager, Kenny Goh, said: “The door is always open for him to join us because such a move will only be in the best interest for a player of his talent.”

#45 chris-ccc, May 30, 2011
  6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/5/31/sports/8790964&sec=sports

BAM to provide huge monetary boost to states to develop grassroots players

KUALA LUMPUR: China have again showed that they are in their own league by nailing the Sudirman Cup for the eighth time.

And Malaysia believe that a huge monetary boost of RM1.6mil into their development programme soon will help to bridge the gap in standard with China.

Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, Ng Chin Chai, announced of their big plans to restore their grassroots programme, which will see the states playing a bigger role in nurturing players.

It will not be too wrong to say that Malaysia are 10 years behind China. It will take years of effort, a strong base of talent and lots of money for us to catch up with them,” said Chin Chai.

But the good news is that grand plans are in the pipeline for us to strengthen our state programmes. This will ensure us to have steady flow of talent coming through to the national set-up.

The National Sports Council (NSC) currently give us RM1mil for the state programmes. Now, the BAM will top it up with another RM1.6mil.

“A state will now get about RM200,000 instead of RM30,000 annually from us. The monetary boost will help them regulate their programmes for the players aged between 10 and 18-years-old. We will revive badminton competitions in schools.

The BAM’s development committee, as the central authoritative body, will coordinate all the state development programmes. We need good implementors and we are also investing on producing good coaches to complement the state programmes. We are serious in creating a wider base.”

The new multi-million ringgit programmes will be unveiled as soon as BAM officially signs a lucrative sponsorship deal.

On the performances of Malaysia in the just concluded world mixed team championships in Qingdao, Chin Chai, who is also the coaching and training committee chairman, said that the team did reasonably well.

Malaysia were eliminated by South Korea in the quarter-finals, losing the tie 2-3.

South Korea have reached the semi-finals in every edition of the Sudirman Cup. It is encouraging to see our team drag them down to the wire. It was a good experience for some of our first timers, among them Tee Jing Yi and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying,” he said.

Chin Chai agreed that if the Sudirman Cup was used as a yardstick, the China players will be the main title contenders in all the events at the next major championships – the world meet in London from Aug 8-14.

In the men’s singles, Lin Dan will still be the favourite to win a fourth world title. At the moment, Malaysia’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei is seen as the only player who is able to turn the tables on Lin Dan.

China, however, are the overwhelming favourites to win the women’s singles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles titles.

And if veterans Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng can stay on top of their game, a fourth world title is a possibility for them.

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

a step in the right direction? or is it like the malay saying..'dah terhantuk baru nak terngadah' .... (knock head only now want to cry)

or maybe they finally saw the wisdom in zulfadli's statement

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Chong Wei, Koo and Tan excused from SEA Games

The Star Online
    Tuesday May 31, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR: Lee Chong Wei’s wish to stay out of the Indonesia SEA Games has been granted.

In fact, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have also decided not to send their top men’s pair, Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, for the biennial Games scheduled for Nov 11-25.

Yesterday, BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai echoed Chong Wei’s sentiments on giving the younger players a shot at proving themselves in the regional Games.

“The BAM have made plans to expose a newer group of players for the Games. We will name the squad at least three months before the Games,” he said.

“All the players under the Road to London programme – Chong Wei, Koo and Tan – will focus on their preparation for the Olympics.”

Full story: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...965&sec=sports

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Have gun, will travel

Have money, hopefully no trouble :p

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so they save the website manage fee to pay those fee?lol

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I couldn't help noticing (sadly) that apart from LCW, there was no other MAS player beyond toe quarter-finals stage at the just-concluded Indonesia Open PSS.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This usually not only happens in the just concluded Ina PSS. But in MOST of the international badminton tournament i would rather say.
    If LCW retires, it would be a total chaos.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    we have lindance brother. liewdaren. ;)

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Is this a signal for a turnaround in fortunes?

Malaysia badminton team nets $14 mln sponsorship

A major bank has struck a record $13.7 million sponsorship deal with Malaysia's badminton team in the hope it propels the country to its first Olympic gold medal in any sport.

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh told AFP that the Maybank cash injection will be used to secure an "elusive" first Olympic gold at London 2012 and create a new pool of players.

"This is the biggest sum of money we have ever received. The money will be used to develop our elite team and create new talents," Goh said.

Maybank replaces automaker Proton as the BAM's main sponsor for six years, although Proton will also continue their sponsorship deal for the next five years with an annual contribution of $666,112.

Full report: http://sports.xin.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5017033

Edit: Meanwhile, in an article by Boopathy of the New Straits Times that features on the BAM website, Ng Chin Chai has this to say:

#55 cobalt, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hope they are using the money wisely..:rolleyes: With so much money pumped in from Maybank, i can't see why Mas can't find another LCW or maybe a better player than LCW himself.
    Some photos from the signing ceremony.
    Btw, why is NHL and NHE present there? I thought they are not under BAM anymore? Or maybe they are already sponsored by by Maybank much earlier already? That's what i guessed.
    265051_226571527375684_168151513217686_740959_2830698_n.jpg
    264770_226570577375779_168151513217686_740938_1052468_n.jpg
    268342_226570760709094_168151513217686_740942_171085_n.jpg
    261258_226570794042424_168151513217686_740943_391349_n.jpg
    264007_226570834042420_168151513217686_740944_3881176_n.jpg
    260413_226570957375741_168151513217686_740947_3569427_n.jpg
    261415_226571067375730_168151513217686_740950_1002752_n.jpg

MAYBANK team:D
    268472_226571187375718_168151513217686_740952_5761673_n.jpg
    263029_226571270709043_168151513217686_740954_7034296_n.jpg

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    3 days left?

Decision next week
    By K.M. Boopathy
    2011/07/08
    Full report: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/45gfasdgh/Article/art_print

Excerpts:

...Selvaraj has said he is not discounting the possibility of coming in full-time but wants to meet Nadzmi first before coming to a decision.

...Sevaraj, a senior manager with Bata Malaysia, is keen to play only a part-time role and confirmed that former national chief coach Razif Sidek is also keen on offering his services on a part-time basis.

...He suggested that BAM could consider a two-man team to help co-ordinate and monitor the players and coaches.

...BAM is looking at a minimum salary of RM8,000 for the high performance director.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    honestly and seriously
    do u think someone who dont know about badminton and dont know about the situation in bam is fit for the job or will have any tiny impact to bam?
    only another wasting money post to me

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    If James is smart he won't consider bam full time job, staying in bata is more secure :D

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    James and Razif are smart to get on the gravy train part-time, to pad their day-time salary job. All these thousands ringgit for all these performance dudes and 6-digit coaches swallow up all the millions ringgit funding, leaving behind some chicken feed for the workers that actually count on to deliver the result, like TCS paying roughly 1000 ringgit a month that he cannot take his GF to McDonald for a bite...marvellous planning for sure...then again, we are talking about BAM and my countrymen running this business, what do I expect? Like they say in America, too many chiefs and not enough Indians...LOL