Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

That is why they need to be addressed properly. What is going on with them and what actually dampers their performance.
    Maybe the coaches can help them if they have any problem especially stamina problem.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

BAC should be the place for all MAS players and pair, especially the seniors to really make up for their early losses this year.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Definitely a recurring pattern!

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Does anyone know what tournament will Lee Zii Jia play next?
    He probably has the closest style to Chen Long. Just need some minor refixing.
    He has a bright future as MAS No.1 if he develop well.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

The Smiling Fish International challenge 2017(may 1-May 6)

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It seems BAM send out the whole MS squad, excluding Soong Joo Ven to the tournament.
    Only R Satheis lost in R64.

7. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Another disappointing end of the road by Lee Zii Jia.
    Surely he can be more consistent than that.

8. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

MAS players have this underperforming virus.
    When will BAM find a cure?

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    The cure is within the player themselves both from the aspect of mentality and fitness.

Why DLCW is a succesfull player is not just because he had previous great coaches such as Datuk Misbun or LM but importantly he always put 200% effort, commitment and discipline be it in training or in a match. This has able him to developed a high level of focus and endurance even at the highest level of training intensity.

This juniors can outlast a normal national level intensity training drills but could not probably maintain long in a DLCW level of training drills. If they dont put gargantuan effort and guts in training so they can be a superhuman like DLCW then they will be unlikely no place for them in terms of achievements especially when participating with those nearly unbeatable great players such superdan or CL in the SS. It is most probably stranded in qualifying rounds or making highlights in the satelite level tournaments suits well with their level of performance now and it is very dissapointing.

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Sunday, 7 May 2017

Lawrence resigns as BAM general manager

image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=0452D3A8FA28A84A389BEE57F0AD0A1AC8F8D519

[​IMG]

PETALING JAYA: Hiring a new general manager will be the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) priority now.

There is a vacancy as Lawrence Chew (pic) resigned as general manager on Friday.

“We parted on good terms,” said the 48-year-old Lawrence, who was previously the director for the Swiss Badminton Association.

“I came back to Malaysia to learn about the culture after leaving for 30 years. And I can only thank BAM for the opportunity to serve for the past 16 months.

“I felt that I managed to bring positive features to BAM in areas concerning events, tournament structure, branding and coaches education,” added Lawrence, who took over the post from Kenny Goh in January last year.

In Lawrence’s absence, BAM honorary secretary Datuk Ng Chin Chai will temporarily take over the office administration duties.

“I will help to oversee the office administration while we source for a new general manager. It is one of BAM’s priorities to fill up the vacancy,” said Chin Chai.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...s-as-bam-general-manager/#PFLu1H2zbe3gK5JG.99

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Two finals in recent Victor International Series 2017 in WS and WD, quite surprising considering
    S. Kisona and Tee/Soong are unseeded. Nice work there.
    Lee Zii Jia still couldn't hold his nerves after losing the first set, goes to lose the whole match.

12. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Also promising MD pair, Chen/Man will have to build more solid foundation of skills and add more shot to their repertoire
    if they want to be a world beater. But, they are still young, much like Goh/Nur pair and need more time.

13. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

S. Kisona won the WS title, beating Gregoria Mariska of INA 10-21, 21-16, 21-19.
    A great motivation for her.

14. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Tee/Soong also won the WD title beating INA's pair in three tight sets.
    I wonder who will pair with Tee Jing Yin in next tournaments.

15. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Following the disastrous MD loses in Sudirman Cup, the only thing BAM can do is to nurture and raise the ranking of other MD pair like Goh/Nur, Tan/Tan and Chooi/Low so that they have a wide choice.

16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Malaysian female players are in general too weak physically, they need to be more like Korean women players.

17. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I felt pity at LCW in every team tournament. BAM has been too reliant on him to deliver but they're very naive in hoping that him alone can make a difference in a team event. LCW has almost never failed to deliver in team events but it's his team mates that are a disappointment. Take a look at the badminton scene for team events nowadays, Japan , Denmark & S.Korea has won prestigious event by beating giants in the badminton world China. Malaysia on the other hand struggle like mad to get through the preliminary stage. Why can't we learn from those 3 countries on how they nurture their talent and not relying only on the same talent over and over again. It's surprise to see even LYD left S.K team they're still very deadly.

18. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    BAM need to be willing to throw in back up shuttlers or youngsters to tournaments to gain experience, they also need to hire a mental or sport psychologist to beef up their mental strength as they easily crumble during important matches.

The management of BAM must also be rid of politicians, lawyers and people not directly involved in playing sports. All of them just joining BAM to get perks.

19. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I see they are doing good little steps by pushing fitness test on all the players, especially juniors.
    They also have been entering a lot of players in lower tournaments.
    I agree that the women players need to step up. KOR team won because all of them played their role, and the women in MAS team didn't play good enough.

20. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Viv/Woon is dumped from World Championship and is being prepared for SEA Games following the abysmal performance.
    No shock at all. I don't see them passing R1 at all.