IO2007 - Malaysian doubles will all go to final.

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by snasirin, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coklat

coklat Regular Member

MZ/MF have a great potential.. i hope to see they win today...
    malaysia boleh!!!!!!1

2. coklat

coklat Regular Member

the new malaysian pair have their own magic.. love to see their spirit when they defeat the CW/TG

3. Titan

Titan Regular Member

Rexy did his magic again now with MZ/MF...good coaching..

4. coklat

coklat Regular Member

yeah the magic seem to work more n more n more... hehehee

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

rexy is very good at breaking partnership to form a better pair. who will be his next target??

6. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

If CCM/HTH and TBS/OSH continue to be outshone by KKK/TBH and F/Z, maybe Rexy will do something with them ...

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

MZ/MF has all the potential to go a long way. Technically, especially attacking they are better than KKK/TBH. MZ's smashes are powerful and precise. Give them a couple more of tournaments, they can deliver for Msia. On the personality side, I think MZ/MF are much more grounded than KKK who tends to be a showman.

Trust me, this new pair has the making of being true champions. Win or lose today against Cai/Fu, the boys will gain in experience.

MZ/MF : Malaysia's realistic Olympic gold medal prospect. :)

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

CCM/HTH is good recently. too bad TBS/OSH does not seem to improve. Teik Chai/Woon Fui is stagnant too. perhaps some changes can be made.

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

you share the same sentiments as me.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Cant wait for their game to start. How do you rate their chances??? I put MZ/MF's chances at 30% because of they lack the experience factor. MF is still a little shaky and not as composed. But the boys have nothing to lose and should go out and tear into Cai/Fu immediately. :mad:

11. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

60% or 70% to china. but malaysia has nothing to lose and will go all out to win their first title. they want to show that they are better than KKK/TBH. then we will have another pair to rely on for the WC and OG.

12. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    Fairuz and Zakry is 80 in ranking by IBF yet they are in the IO final. This is an impressive performance. Even CW/TG was beaten by them.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Good performance by Fairuz/Zakry in the final. They lost ground at the critical moments in both sets, but they showed no fear and still clawed back despite being far down in 2nd game.

A few rallies perhaps they should have won, missed some net sitters and smashing out of the baseline. But that will soon improve with more experience and familiarity with each other.

Definitely much better than Koo/Tan in yesterday's semis. The onus now is for all of them to improve further, as Cai/Fu has moved the game forward since their loss in All-England/Swiss Open.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, I agree too.

With some more experience, this new pair will be THE PAIR. They have the makings of a true champion as they are grounded, and have the hunger to win. I think once they improve on their defence and add some power to their gameplay , they can match the best out there consistently.

15. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Currently, CY/FHF is too strong. i don't see any pair better than them now. too good! almost no weakness. this is a bad news for other countries. if CY/FHF continues improving, they are near perfection! more homework for KKK/TBH.

16. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student

17. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Fairuzizuan-Zakry finally rise up to the challenge

14/05/07, 12:14:40

PETALING JAYA: National doubles players Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari and Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif were determined to prove a point after national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky had split up their previous partnerships.
    And yesterday, the duo showed that they had taken the challenge to their hearts when they showed great fighting spirit in their 17-20, 20-22 defeat to world number one Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the men's doubles final of the Indonesian Open in Jakarta yesterday.
    If not for their over zealousness, the fast-paced Fairuzizuan-Zakry, who are only competing in their third international tournament together, could have won their first international title.
    They could have also ended a 17-year wait for a men's doubles title for Malaysia in the Indonesian Open.
    But despite the defeat, the duo can walk tall. They have shown that they have what it takes to challenge the big guns.
    En route to yesterday's final, the duo, had packed off two established pairs – Denmark's Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen and the lethal Indonesian-American combination of Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan.
    Boosted with the good showing, Zakry said that he hoped to scale greater heights with Fairuzizuan.
    “We did not know what the future held for us when Rexy made the shuffle (swapping partners). But rather than giving up, we took it up as a challenge. We just wanted to prove that we can do it too,” said Zakry in a telephone interview from Jakarta yesterday.
    Previously, Zakry's partner was Gan Teik Chai while Fairuzizuan played with Lin Woon Fui.
    “It has been a great ride for us since we (Fairuzizuan and I) teamed up. We were in the semi-finals of the ABC (Asian Badminton Championships) and the quarter-finals in the Singapore Open.
    “In fact, for me, this is my first final appearance in an Open tournament. It would have been great if we had won it.”
    The 22-year-old Fairuzizuan, whose previous best effort in an international tournament was a runner-up spot with Woon Fui at the Malaysian Open two years ago, was disappointed with the defeat.
    “Coach Rexy said that we were not patient enough. The Chinese proved to be more composed during the crucial moments. We lost out on experience today,” said Fairuzizuan.
    “But the most memorable thing for me is when we defeated legendary Tony-Candra for the first time in front of their home crowd. That was awesome for me.”
    The Malaysians won US$7,200 for their runner-up effort.
    Courtesy of The Star

18. JPPPHIL

JPPPHIL Regular Member

Millionaire/jobless
    No worries, all the malaysian fans.. plenty of tournaments to play, plenty of winners too, you got the right system, right coach, and the players are all very young., as long as they dont get their "heads" too big too fast, they will be worthy winners very soon.. gotta focus. Listen to the coach.. all will be fine...:) :D you only wins after a few loss, more experiences, nobodys perfect., cheers....

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

thats a racist statement.

20. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Look into the mirror - ask yourself why do you find it racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.