Intermediate Player looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by iHoneybear, Jul 28, 2011.

1. iHoneybear

iHoneybear New Member

Hey there folks,

I play badminton two times a week for about half a year now and consider myself, my coach does also, an advanced beginner(=intermediate?).
    Since I enjoy badminton very much and like to have a somewhat better racket than I have now, I need some advice what kind of racket I should buy.

I've been playing with a racket of Crane, so nothing special.
    Budget: 100€

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

2. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Hey - do you play singles/doubles, offensive/defensive?What sort of flex and weight are you looking for?

3. iHoneybear

iHoneybear New Member

- Mixture of singles and double, can't say that I play one more than the other
    - offensive
    - That's why I'm here :hehe: I've already read some things about flex and weight but I'm not sure, what would be the wise choice for some kind of "beginner"

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    In that case I would probably recommend something with a little flex in the shaft with even balance or possibly leaning slightly toward head heavy if you are an offensive player. Rackets you may want to consider are Victor BS9, Yonex Arcsaber 7, Victor BS12, Li Ning N33 or N77. These are just some of the ones I have played with that may be suitable. Also could consider the Victor Artey Tec Control.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BraveSword 09 would be a good choice:) although it would be harder to find (I think) If you can still find it, the Armortec 600 might be a good choice, for a "offensive" player, it's fairly flexible as well. Maybe if you can get them, the Li Ning rackets that aren't the N series, the BP301C might be worth trying... Really hard to find though.:)

6. iHoneybear

iHoneybear New Member

Thanks for the answers guys. You helped me out a lot with those information. :)
    So it's 2:1 for BS09
    Gonna check the local store if I can test BS09 & AT600. If I can't, I'll come back here and ask you more questions. :p

Another big thanks LD rules! and Benwilluk

7. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    for lower budget racket, you may try Apacs Lethal 70 or 90 or Tantrum 300 rackets. they are good rackets.

8. drop8shot

drop8shot Regular Member

I would recommend the Arcsaber 7, it's the one that I use and I'm at the same stage as you are. It's an allrounder and is even head balanced and a medium flex racket. I heard that stiff rackets require a lot of arm power to make full use of them and not a lot of players have that power, only advanced players. So I would suggest a medium flex racket.