Intermediate level in Seoul Korea

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by terryng90, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Joanne Yap

Joanne Yap New Member

@blabl Thank you for the lovely reply. By any chance, do you know any club or gangs I can join that playing near my area? I'd searched Meetup but the places are too far.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Joanne Yap

I hope the information given above is of a great help.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I think you can just walk in to any badminton clubs nearby your area and then ask them for more information about the time and people you can play with. It will be easier this way.

Joanne Yap likes this.
  4. event

event Regular Member

Have you tried to find the Gwangjang-dong Indoor Badminton Gym that blabl linked to earlier? It appears to be 3.4km from your uni. The link there includes a kakao map of the area. If you need a Google maps version, this one should show you the route from Sejong U. Also, since you are sort of on the northwestern edge of Gwangjin-gu, some of the gyms I linked to above (post #9) in Dongdaemun-gu might be closer. There is also a link here to 14 clubs in Gwangjin-gu. The closest to you seems to be 2.5km away at the Junggok Culture Centre. I included a Google Maps link to it. It is #13 on the Gwangjin-gu list and apparently the Prime Club plays there in the evenings from 7 to 10 on 6 courts. Let us know if you are successful.

Joanne Yap and blabl like this.
  5. sznkanyan

sznkanyan New Member

Hello, everyone
    I am from Taiwan.
    I will arrive in Seoul on 6/14-6/18
    Can I participate in the activities of the badminton club?

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Of course you can. Sure no problem. You can just hope into any of the badminton clubs in Seoul that is near the place you are staying in Seoul and then you can play badminton with just anyone or any players in the club. No problem. :)

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@sznkanyan

This website should be able to help you move about to play in Seoul.

https://www.meetup.com/Seoul-Badminton-Meetup/

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@sznkanyan

You can try to search through the two links given below too.

http://theseoulstop.com/pages/sports-parks-and-rec/badminton/spots/hongje-badminton.php

http://theseoulstop.com/pages/sports-parks-and-rec/badminton/badminton-index.php

In the two links that I have given above there area also links to other badminton clubs in Seoul. You can click on all the links given in the two websites above and click the links for different badminton clubs in Seoul.

Have a nice day and I sincerely hope that you will enjoy your stay in Korea. Cheers. :)

9. event

event Regular Member

4 days is a short visit so you can't do much trial and error. It's best to give us an idea of what part of Seoul you'll be in. There are a few indoor gyms at the seoulstop link blabl posted but they could easily be an hour away from you by subway. We can, however, give better advice if you can tell us a neighbourhood, subway stop, etc.