Interesting comment from Li Mao about LD vs LCW

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by Han, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
  2. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    I could not read chinese and hence have not read the article but i assume that Li Mao was saying that the organiser "helped" Lin Dan by swithcing off the ac. Why would the organiser favour Lin Dan instead of LCW? Afterall, it is Macau Open and not China Open. It doesn't make sense to me. :cool:

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    With Macau being a big gambling spot, Perhaps the organizers had their money on Lin Dan to win. :D

BTW, didn't Lee Chong Wei win the second set???

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I think Macau is part of China, dude. Just like HK.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    lee chong wei won second set probably because he was on the other side of the court....ya...i read bout this somewhere....they off the air cond when LD was playing on the breezy side of the court....while they kept in on when LCW was playing on the same side

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It was Lin Dan's day

I think what Li Mau implying was air condition should be off from game 1, not just game 2 and 3. I don't think the breeze has that much impact on the outcome on that day as both players were playing most probably the best match of their career. Lin Dan just had excellent touch on the net, not much LCW could have done when the bird rolled over the net for so many times. Even Lin Dan acknowledged that it didn't matter who win, both players were playing the very top level badminton ... That's why made the winning so meaningful ...
    I recall World Championship in Anaheim also had problem with the air condition and was so bad on the Day 1 and 2 then organiser reduced the "volume" to make thing better which I am sure Macau organiser did the same thing to make thing better, I don't think there's any hidden agenda there.

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Although I wouldn't believe in such conspiracy theories, do bare in mind that there are always countries which are more prone to potential acts of dishonesty. It has to do with the social culture and how rampant corruption or dishonesty is in that country.

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Actually i do no what Li Mau says is true or not...But i won't be bother coz the Macau Open had already past and nothing we can do....So concentrating in the coming tournaments...

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

So Lin Dan might have won this on account of the airconditioning. If so, then we can expect LCW to win if these things don't happen again.

Time will tell.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I thought players switch sides and again halfway into 3rd game. Are u saying the organizer shut off A/C for lin dan and turn A/C back on when they switch court?

11. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    yea, forced......

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    What do you mean by forced?

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    my gun is bigger than your gun;)

14. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

macau used to belong to portugal. they returned it to china just like HK but with less fanfair compare to HK

15. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

Ehh... the history is complicated but the land is originally china's from what I've read from wikipedia. It's just that the portugese started settling there, then the fight for that land began. Of course I could be wrong. And I guess we're totally off topic XD

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you. Just move on.Of course MCO is as good as China Open in terms of LD support. Notice how high the 'First Lady" went against gravity the moment LD won! LCW lost cos of his less than perfect net play, aircon or no aircon. If I were Li mao, I would say 'let's concentrate on perfect netplay and assume giving away 3 points for aircon and put in 120% in front of LD crowd "(which means everywhere except Malaysia) Also LCW needs to practise with a psychologist how to relax within 3 secs when the score hits 18 and be very clear how to play the crucial closing points. LD did that very well.

17. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...pjswift...I am totally agree with you...Li Mau should't blame it on the air-con....I think what he should do is to tell the weakness of LCW in that game...Anyway...LD did well in that game but this doesn't means that LCW can't win him...I wonder you all notice this or not.Whenever their point is similiar to each other and in the crucial situation...LD can always madeLCW made a lot error...Actually he is in the same standard with LD...What he lack of is confidence...I really really hope he can built up his confidence...This always is his biggest problem..

#17 Jessica, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry, I beg to differ here. Confidence is no longer LCW's problem. LCW is as confident as LD now. He is very aware of his progress playing LD and the gap has closed. His talk ' LD now has to sweat for every point' is as confident as his walk. LD has a lot of respect for LCW and regards him as his equal.They are both doing each other a lot of good and the badminton fans are benefiting the most from it. Let's hope both will play for many more years to come.

19. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya..ya...I also discover that his confidence has improved a lot since the Thomas Cup....And LD really respect him and the same for LCW too....They are both equally players in my heart...I think we should not make compared between them...Don't worry...I believe they sure got many years to go in the badminton career....Lets us wish them will walk smoothly in this path...