Indonesia's team

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by jkusmanto, Apr 5, 2005.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

That mean Indonesia only had one XD pair to play.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, with this announcement, it looks like Yunita Tetty will have a new XD partner. Perhaps it could be with Flandy Limpele??As reported he was included in the team because he can play either MD or XD. If that happens, then XD will still have 2 pairs to offer. Then Yunita can pair up with either of the 3 WD players, which then will make up another WD pair.
    IMO, this is not a bad move. As I can see the MS will need as many help as they can get, with Sony and Simon still recuperating and most likely not in the best of shape come May for the SC. If both of those players can muster some wins and can save Taufik for further 'important' matches, then the move could be beneficial.

Still though, if the 1st scenario happens, Flandy and Yunita will really have to train hard to get used to each other's game.
    We shall see who will be the Indonesian SC team manager. I for one would vote for either Hendrawan or Joko S.

3. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    According to my opinion, this is the scenario from PBSI. Flandy will play together with Tetty in XD. They will train hard from now to get used to each other.

I don't think Hendrawan is ready for the manager-ship right now, he has to learn more about organization. I will choose Joko over Hendrawan, if I have to choose. Because Joko has more experience. But who knows ?

4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Probably its safe only to play Flandy/Tetty when Indonesia meet weak team. (Sweden probably?) Otherwise its too risky to play them even when they play against Hong Kong.

Besides, Flandy rarely play XD and the results were only round 2 or round 3 in several XD tournaments he participated . Better stick with Nova/Lilyana pair.

5. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Sweden have a good XD pair (Bergstrom/Persson, currently 9th in the world and QF in OG), so I'm not sure it's a good idea to put a "trial pair" against Sweden... [​IMG]

6. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    i think we shouldnt underestimate sweden (i may not know any of its player, but they are in group 1 anyway, cant be that bad) and flandy/yunita (who knows if they are the next promising pair?[​IMG](well, maybe not))

7. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Sorry, I never meant to underestimate Flandy and Yunita, I should think they are capable of performing very well, I just think is that it is less safe to play them rather than Nova and Lilyana, especially when playing a world top 10 pair...

8. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    lol, i dont (and didnt) blame u[​IMG] i never thought that they'd be good either, but what im saying is they may be good, so lets not underestimate them just yet, but them being good in such short period to get used to each other is unlikely

really, seven i didnt mean to offend u or what u were saying

9. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    No problem aiyuuw! :D

10. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Nothing is impossible.
    We don't know the performance of Flandy/Tetty, because they have never played in any international tournaments.

But if we think a little bit logic : Why PBSI team up Flandy and Tetty togerther (if it does happen) ?
    We don't know what happen in Pelatnas (Indo's training centre). Maybe they frequently play together in training.
    Because PBSI has 2 good XDs, so PBSI thinks that it isn't necessary to separate them to form a new XD. They have already good with their partner.
    But now Anggun is sick and Eng Hian is out of the team, so it is the moment to give them a chance to play.

Ofcouse Nova/Lelyana is always the first chooise.

11. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yay, and dont forget that the reason flandy was chosen to play in the first place was becos he is a flexible player, and i guess that means he maybe good at adapting other players' playing styles, but, maybe not,,,,,,[​IMG], just maybe

12. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Indo's team for Sudirman Cup will play a simulation match in Bandung on April 30th. All the 16 players will take part of this simulation.

According to Ferrial Sofjan vice-president of PBSI who temporary replace Icuk, the simulation will be held in Sudirman Cup format.
    The result is very important to create a real team in Beijing.

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

If PBSI want to pair up flandy/yunita in Sudirman Cup, the right time is when Indonesia meet Sweden. Why?

I know that Sweden had good XD pair but if they ay flandy/yunita probably chances are 50:50

Even if flandy/yunita pair lost, I am confidence that Indonesia can won 3 point from MS, WS, MD and WD.

Sweden is in group 1 but it was 2 years ago. They got a good WS player Marina A at that time. She already retired now if I am not wrong.

But of course this only if PBSI wanted to try new pair. If they don't they can always play Nova/Lilyana.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Team Indonesia Simulation Matchups

The matches will be played tomorrow 30th April at Bandung Indonesia.

The confirmed matchups will be

MS Taufik Hidayat vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    WS Fransisca Ratnasari vs Adrianti Firdasari
    MDs Joko Riyadi/Hendra Gunawan vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto
    MDs CandraWijaya/SigitBudiarto vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    WDs Jo Novita/Greysia Polii Vs Lita Nurlita/Natalia Poluakan
    MXD Novawidianto/Liyana Natsir vs Flandy Limpele/Yunita Tetty

The only one that missed out from this simulation is Simon Santoso.

15. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    It is good to put Flandy/Tetty against Nova/Lelyana, so we will know the performance and quality of Flandy/Tetty after the meeting.

16. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

so how was the simulation? can someone pls update me about it??

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Events arrangement

Can't wait to see the duel between Taufik vs Lin Dan and Luluk/Alvin or Chandra/Sigit vs Fu/Cai. Lets just hope the MD is not the final event play in Sudirman else we might not have chance to see the true strength of MD as outcome already determine by then(quite certain China will win as WD and WS pretty such the sure points for China).
    The best events arrangement would be :
    1.Men's Singles
    2.Mix Doubles
    3.Men's Doubles
    4.Women's Singles
    5.Women's Doubles
    Agree?

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Luluk and Alven didnt manage to attend the simulation matches due to flu. They will resume trainning next week when they recover.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, that would be a very nice Final..However, both of those teams need to pass their Group play and the Semis, which won't be easy to breakthrough..

After looking at your "proposed lineup" below, IMO the lineup will instead put more pressure on the non-chinese teams(whoever they are, as they have to win all 3 matches which will be a lot of pressure) and will put less pressure on the Chinese, as the Chinese team will only need to win 1 of the first 3 matches and most, if not, will likely win the last 2...But by using the regular format or slightly different format, they have a better chance:
    1.XD OR WS
    2.WS OR MS
    3.MS OR WD
    4.WD OR MD
    5.MD OR XD

Realistically, I doubt China will lose 1-4, but most likely they will lose 2-3-Hopefully the MD or XD flights will decide it all..Thus, yes the Finals could be down to the last event..

just my 2 cents..

#39 ctjcad, Apr 30, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  20. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    simulation results!

ok, here goes

taufik hidayat bt sony dwi kuncoro`15-11 15-5
    (no surprises here, but i thought sony won few times against taufik)
    nova/lilyana bt flandy/yunita 15-10 11-15 15-4
    (see, flandy/yunita cant be that bad, at least it went to 3 sets)
    markis/hendra bt candra/sigit 15-12 15-10
    (WHAT!ehh, have m/h won before?)
    fransisca ratnasari bt ardrianti firdasari 11-3 11-4
    greysia polii/jo novita bt lita nurlita/nathalia poluakan 10-15 15-5 15-11