Indonesia SS 2008 Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by CLELY, May 31, 2008.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

That will never happen. PBSI will never subtitute Taufik with Simon no matter how bad taufik attitude is.

Reason is simple: from 3 of Indonesia single players, Taufik still the player who had the best chances to win a medal. Sony or even Simon even in their top condition had a very small chances to win any medal at Olympics excpet that if all the seeded players lost at first round.

Though Taufik plays only around 50-60% of his best 2-3 years ago, he still had the best chance to try to go into Olympic semifinal.

I agree that we didnot send Taufik and replace him with Simon. But PBSI will never do that cause I do think the only medals we get is from badminton sport and nothing else.

So PBSI will sent players who they think had the best chances to get a medal no matter how bad their attitude is.

2. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I don't agree with this completely...INA only really cares about winning the GOLD medal...it is pretty much guaranteed that we will win either silver or bronze from one of the badminton events. But what matters is gold. ANd , based on his current form & attitude, TH has next to zero chance of winning back for his gold. His main rivals - LD, TH, BCL, CJ - have pretty much figured out how to beat him (when was the last time TH beat any of these players?). I think TH is just enjoying his new celebrity status too much...perhaps not even realising that his reign as OG champion (his only claim to fame, at the moment) will almost certainly end in 2 month's time.

I think it would be wiser for PBSI to send Sony and Simon instead. Sony because he has an outside chance of winning gold (his chances aren't great but they're certainly not worse than TH's), and SImon because he will get valuable experience come 2012 olympics. Remember that TH lost 2000 olympics, and went on to win 2004. LD lost tamely in 2004, and is a favorite to win it this time. TH's threat not to play at OG is just lame - he needs to defend the OG title for his own legacy, more than PBSI needs him....besides , PBSI can still rely on Nova/Liyana & MK/HS to win a gold..

#102 apontoh, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The key is, who in PBSI dare to touch Taufik? Is the career ending move for anyone just to suggest that!!!

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I agree with replacing TH by SS, but regarding "when was the last time TH beat any of these players?"... I don't think Sony or Simon did any better than TH.

TH beat CJ in 2007 Indonesia Open; Sony beat BCL in Swiss 2007 (May be some other tournament, but should be early 2007. BCL played with injury); Simon beat LD in Swiss 2007 (LD played with injury).

So, TH still did best. :D

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

It's very heart-warming to read something like this from someone in the top level. It simply shows that u r someone with strong character :)

PBSI will NOT drop Taufik for Simon, that's for sure. Simon has virtually no chance to stand in the podium whereby Taufik is a celeberity and crowd puller. For marketing $$$ and revenue, the organiser will try to bring taufik for the OG... ;)

6. ssertere

ssertere Regular Member

No daily thread yet? the qualification round already began....

7. scann

scann Regular Member

IT - Software
    You should start it since you are from INA

Just follow others country format, replace SO/MO/.. with IO. Be the first INA to do it!!

8. ssertere

ssertere Regular Member

No, i don't want to interfere other people's job :)

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

why kuan beng hong is not playing in indonesia for this tournament????

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

That's the real story about TH withdrawal that we want to know. Thx, Krisna. Media version reported TH cancelled to participate INA SS because 'injury' problem. Hmm...as usual the injury reason is so cliche.

#110 CLELY, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The current PBSI administration ends their reign around October or November 2008. The current PBSI head, Mr. Sutiyoso, is running for the President of Indonesia in the May 2009 elections. Mr. Sutiyoso is going after a bigger prize than just being the head of Indonesian badminton. He might just expel Taufik to prove to the INA voters that he can make tough decisions.

12. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Maybe he needs to "sharpen his knife" at home,will up against JP in Thailand Open.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yarlo...lcw+misbun is teaching some secret technique and tactic to kbh for jp...:p...helping malaysia have another promising ms...

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Earlier report from detik.com said TH insinuates that PBSI is the one that scratch his name from IO's draw. Who's right and who's wrong? :confused:

15. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Maybe he needs to "sharpen his knife" at home,will up against JP in Thailand Open.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

No contradiction ah. TH said if you don't send me to SO I will withdraw from IO, then PBSI said OK we will save your energy by scratch your name from the draw. :D

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There is always a diplomatic and real reason....:D:D what Krisna said is right....He did not train but went to Singapore instead...;) Great Singapore Sale really got into TH's...:D

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    And to think that I only got to taste the Great Singapore Satay ..... at Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

As far as his celebrity status as the defending champion of OG, his days are numbered :rolleyes:

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, I know public figure practically use formality language for media consumption... As I read from KOMPAS today's (June 18,2008) reported TH wasn't ready to compete INA SS probably because he missed training last week due his activity in Singapore. TH stated he was even more ready to participate SIN SS.