Indonesia SS 2008: Day 6 (22 June -- FINALS)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by badMania, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I will place my pick on Sony, who came from behind to beat BCL today. That's a great achievement. On the other hand Simon looked pedestrian against LCW in the second game at the Singapore Open. He was woefully outclassed! But I suppose they both know each other's game quite well.

Maria could beat Zhu Lin if she went about the way she did to the great Zhang Ning this evening. ZL is cunning and may look out of place through lack of stamina, but this is a ploy to lull her opponent into complacency and then to sting her unsuspectedly! Maria must not be lulled into thinking that she could let her guard down during those times but to continue to make ZL run and finish it off with a smash or a drop beyond her reach.

#21 Loh, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  2. chemile

chemile Regular Member

This is actually Indonesian supporter wish to Maria! I personally wish as well. However, success in one tournament can't be a measure that she will also success in future tournament. I just hope that Maria (and also another Indonesia women players) find her confidence that anything can do if we are sure it is, and do not fear or feel inferior if meet Chinese players.

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria is not a one-hit-wonder... She has been around the international professional badminton scene for a long time and has been Indonesia's best player for sometime now... :p It is not as though she have never faced the tough opponents before... she defeated Lu Lan in Jakarta last year and she did win the SEA Games gold! :)

Bronze Bronze Bronze!!!! :cool: :D I dare not wish for a higher medal in Beijing 2008 WS... :p INA should be happy with a bronze in WS...

#23 Krisna, Jun 21, 2008
  4. hansonlouphers

hansonlouphers Regular Member

college student
    There's can be miracle!! Hehe. . Just like tonite! Out of my predictions. Unbelivable!

5. ycchen

ycchen Regular Member

today we witnessed the "home-advantage" effect after seeing Maria Kristin beating Zhang Ning in front of home crowd... Zhu Lin has to be mentally strong enough to win over Maria in front of the fans in Istora.... i personally think Maria will make use of the home advantage to take the title tomorrow... Zhu Lin will also want to try her best to win as she still has a little bit of chance to play in Olympic... ZN's performance has gone down already....

#25 ycchen, Jun 21, 2008
  6. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

Agree with you badMania, except:

Men's Doubles
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazary/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif [8] -- The young Gun of MAS has good spirit and confidence to beat uncles as they did in SF of INA SS 07, so they has chance to take their SS title in row....but my heart goes to half INA win this title...hope INA uncles prove my prediction wrong...:D:D:p:p

Women's Singles
    Zhu Lin [1] vs Maria Kristin Yulianti -- hope Susi`s spirit " there no China players unbeatable" always be on INA players...so cmon Maria u can do it again...:D:D:D

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes!

"I will do it again, Erwin!", Maria says... :p

Maria 7.jpg

Zebadiah!
    Yao Jie!
    Zhou Mi!
    Zhang Ning!
    Zhu Lin!

...if only Yao's last name started with Z, all Maria's victims [and future victim, Zhu] this week would have the letter Z to start their last name... :p Z Y Z Z Z

#27 Krisna, Jun 21, 2008
  8. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

yep...Erwin says..."I am sure u can do it, Maria...but just worry about your stamina after play hard rubber game in QF and SF..:eek:.."

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria says, "I am exhausted, but I have nothing to loose... Playing the World Champion in the Indonesian Open finals is an honor! I will do my best and focus on winning, like today!" :cool:

Maria 9.jpg

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Simon will be another runners-up for back to back SS
    I dont see many variety of plays in this players, while Sony was having one of his greatest match in yesterday. Totally demolish the spirits for Bao CL
    Stroke players like ZN , YJ will fitted well in Maria's game plan, but she will find it tough against offensive players like ZL

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria says "Yes. I don't like offensive players. I also had a terrible time against XXF in the Uber Cup finals... :eek: My defenses and reflexes have to be superb against ZL. I can also orchestrate a very sloooow booooring match similar to Sony's gameplan against Bao today. Make ZL sleep [out of boredom]... :eek: :p Before she knows it, she'll be on the plane-seat flying out of Jakarta... :eek: "

Maria 10.jpg

12. hansonlouphers

college student
    Krisna, your investigate bout Z's victims is way to funny!! Haha. . What an idea. .

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He he he... Maria should have played:
    Zebadiah Pia
    Zhu Jingjing
    Zhou Mi
    Zhang Ning
    Zhu Lin

:D
    Maria's slow [not sexy yet effective] game puts all of them to sleep...
    zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz...

14. hansonlouphers

college student
    Haha. . As we know . . Maria and Sony have SOLO style as their performance. . Hahaha. . . . They're slow but sure though. . ;)

15. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Simon vs Sony---- This one will be close. Both are sparring partners and under the same coach, Hendrawan. But I dare say that Simon wants this title more than Sony because he hasn't won any major tourneys yet (Simon has a few Gold GP titles already). Plus - possibility of a 'tactical' move to secure Simon's spot in the OG? (nightmare scenario for TH!! - but he deserves it.)

Maria Kristin vs Zhu Lin - Dare to dream!!!! Maria wants this title more badly than ZL, and she will get the full Istora support too. After Zhang Ning's loss, Zhu Lin has probably secured her OG spot and it wouldn't be disastrous for her to finish as runner up here.

TG/CW vs Fuzzy - Experience + home advantage should work in the legendary pair's favour.

Vita/Lilyana vs Maeda/Suetsuna--- the INA top WD pair should take their 2nd super series title and consolidate their ranking ahead of the Olympics.

Zheng Bo/Gaoling vs Laybourn/Rytter Juhl

16. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

t o t a l l y a g r e e :D :D :D our fairy tales princess :) :) :)

17. whatever

whatever Regular Member

whatever
    Zakry and Fairuz will win............confirm hehehe

18. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

fully support.... hehe :D :D

19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Men's Singles
    Simon Santoso [8] vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro [4] - Simon deserves the title and a place in Beijing.

Men's Doubles
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazary/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif [8] - The in-form Fuzzy are going to win their 2nd SS title in 2 weeks if they maintain their form and attacking game from the beginning.

Women's Doubles
    Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir [4] vs Satoko Suetsuna/Miyuki Maeda [3] -After having seeing off the top seeds yesterday, the former will be the favorite to win their 2nd SS title.

Women's Singles
    Zhu Lin [1] vs Maria Kristin Yulianti - Maria has been impressive having beaten Zhou Mi and Zhang Ning en route to the finals. Even Zhu Lin has the edge but Maria still has a chance to win her maiden SS title here in homeground. Maria, welcome to the Chinese Beater Club...

Mixed Doubles
    Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl [4] vs Zheng Bo/Gao Ling [2] - Both pairs have yet to drop a game en route to the finals. The Chinese pair was so very solid in defense and fast in attack during the SF against Flandy/Vita. A tough match for both pairs but Zheng/Gao should prevail in straight game.

20. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

unless sony is giving way...will that happen?