Indonesia Open 2007 - 12 May, Semifinals

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by abedeng, May 11, 2007.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Or as someone else puts it, "the hobbit version" of KKK/TBH.

2. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    this is my feeling after watch the match...

what u all think about LCW's performance today? because chen hong not playing well today, so is hard also to judge LCW's performance..:confused:

KKK still like to showoff and always take over the shuttle that should be taken by TBH. i think this may b one of the factor that cause them to lose in the match.. they are lost of focus at all in 2nd and 3rd set.. so disappointed!!:crying: :crying: :crying:
    cai/fu played really well today esp cai yun at the base line..:eek:
    but the match between KKK/TBH and cai/fu can b said as no speed at all..:mad:

bao playing quite well today or may be taufik not playing well...:confused:
    but what i can sure is a lot of INA supporters had their heart broken...

fairuz/zakry play quite well today..:)
    actually if they hold their chance tight in the 1st set, the match wouldn't go until rubber..

LCW may got some chance tmr if he play well and done less mistake..:rolleyes:
    fairuz/zakry if kept the fighting spirit and also the speed like today, winning is not impossible..:D

jia you LCW and fairuz/zakry!!!!:) :) :)

3. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well now is Fu/Cai vs Zakry/Fairu.
    With all due respect to the Chinese but KKK/TBH were playing like school boys especially in the 2nd and 3rd set. Allowing the Chinese to attack. It looked like they already gave up starting from the 2nd set.
    While Candra/Tony and Zakry/Fairu both pairs were making many unforce errors. It was a ding-dong match and could go any way. The Malaysian attacking play does not last long. A few continuos smashes they ran out of gas. I think they should build up on their attacking play.
    The Final --> Fu/Cai vs Zakry/Fairu
    The Chinese attacks well, very fast and make less mistake. I dont see the Malaysian able to put pressure on the Chinese. My heart says Zakry/Fairu to win but my brain says Fu/Cai to win.

4. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well now is Fu/Cai vs Zakry/Fairu.
    With all due respect to the Chinese but KKK/TBH were playing like school boys especially in the 2nd and 3rd set. Allowing the Chinese to attack. It looked like they already gave up starting from the 2nd set.
    While Candra/Tony and Zakry/Fairu both pairs were making many unforce errors. It was a ding-dong match and could go any way. The Malaysian attacking play does not last long. A few continuos smashes they ran out of gas. I think they should build up on their attacking play.
    The Final --> Fu/Cai vs Zakry/Fairu
    The Chinese attacks well, very fast and make less mistake. I dont see the Malaysian able to put pressure on the Chinese. My heart says Zakry/Fairu to win but my brain says Fu/Cai to win.

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

erm, today's match outcome is a disappointment. rexy shook his head in disbelief. you noticed what happened too. in my opinion, KKK/TBH is being defeated 100%, 100% and 100%. they took the first set with their drives and speed. during the 2nd and 3rd set, the chinese were simply better. to say it bluntly, CY/FHF low drives, smashes and defense is simply better than KKK/TBH. KKK/TBH low drives, speed and defense seems to be their weakness now. CY/FHF is better in every aspect. what happen?? the chinese are improving but KKK/TBH are stagnant? this is my gut feeling.
    Zakry/Fairuzizuan is better today. Zakry playing at front court is better than KKK. Zakry's smash from baseline is also powerful. fairuzizuan usually makes the mistake while zakry make lesser mistakes. from the current performance, surely Zakry/Fairuzizuan is better than KKK/TBH. KKK/TBH communcation is not so good as before. perhaps something happen? but Zakry/Fairuzizuan keep encouraging each other even though they are losing points.
    CY/FHF has a chance to win tomorrow if they play as well as today and in Singapore Open. their attack, defence and low drives are simply excellent. Malaysia need to finish the game fast rather than let opponent catch up. this is their mistake today and that's why they lost the 1st set to Tony/Candra. anyway, all the best to the malaysians. hope their fighting spirit will overcome everything.

6. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    so happy Bao CL won......hahahahahah jiayou Bao!!!!

7. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    Ai Mei,.. Just a question??? why are you no rooting for Taufik?? He is Your Compatriot right?? just asking??

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

perhaps, bao is more handsome than taufik? or bao is still unmarried compared to taufik? :)

9. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I think the 'missing' thing is 'motivation'. After they have won All England and other titles within a short period, they already feel satisfied and do not have motivation to win more titles, especially KKK. They achieve fame and glory so fast until they lose to themselves, not to CY/FHF, LWH/CTF or the new malay pair. I think this is one of the bad habbit for Malaysia players. Once they win something big big, their motivation will vanish immediately. They simply dunno how to handle fame and glory.

10. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Like I said many times before over and over, Its not easy to Win a title specially like AE or Olympic medal, but the hardest part in keep consistently play well through your careers.

Only a handful players can do that specially in tough field like MS and MD.

Example:

TH and LD are consistent. TH sometimes win very important titles. And LD at least win 3 title or more than that since 4 years ago.

PG and BCL and CH also very consistent. Although CH won more titles than PG or BCL this few years.

LCW rise very high last year for about 7 months but since WC2006, he took a stumble.

And Hafiz. After winning a AE, he likely only reach QF in top level tournaments.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeeeapp..

..they are, arguably, 2 of the best WD players for CHN, if not in the whole world...Btw, sorry, i made some typos along the way: it should've said "ginseng" instead of "ginger"..No wonder GL and Tony&Candra lost their matches..haha:p:D;)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A day of upset & surprises...

...phew, what an exciting Semifinals Day. Who would've though that the Semifinals day would provide more surprises, even upsets. Eventhough a few had predicted certain players will advance to the Finals, fate and luck would say otherwise....On that note, here's a quick recap of the day's actions..

- In the MS match, we saw 2 of the much anticipated matches on the day, both of which left most of the fans bewildered yet for their respective fans, ecstatic. As an opener we saw a very entertaining match between 2 well-respected players in LCW vs. CH. The opening set was wonderfully played with both contestants battling it out. However, LCW's energy propelled him thru to the Finals, as CH was left pretty much frazzled in the 2nd set. A few hrs later, LCW's opponent in the Final would also surprise not only a few of the loyal Taufik's INA fans, but also others, dismayed. It was, arguably, the most exciting match of the day with both shuttlers exchanging some titillating and mouth opening plays from the opening serve. But at the end, the much prepared and composed BCL clinched the match in 2 sets, redeeming himself for his lost in last yr's IO Final. :cool:
    - And the upsets continued in one of the MD matches. This time involving the "legendary" INA MD/USA veterans against the up-and-coming MAS youngsters. Playing in front of the loud and boisterous INA crowd, the young MAS pair must've gone thru their biggest learning experience so far in their careers. After losing the 1st set, the young MAS pairs kept their poise and kept the score close w/their veteran counterparts. And with Rexy guiding and giving them encouragements, from time to time, the youngsters were able to push ahead and clinch one of their biggest upset in their careers. The veteran pairs, one more time, were left with the same scenario "So near yet so far".:p ;)
    On the other side, another of the much anticipated matches between CHN's & MAS' top ranked pairs, lived up to its billing as both pairs provided some exciting rallies. However the CHN pair took control of the match from the 2nd set onwards, never giving any chances for Rexy's kids to develop any kind of rhythms. At the end the CHN pair ended KKK&TBH's 1st defeat under Rexy's guidance. Where did it go wrong?? What will Rexy do now to bring back his young charges' focus?? :cool:
    - The WS events also provided an exciting match. But this time, it involved a less know player in Petya Nedeltcheva against the veteran WangChen. Their match must've been a very entertaining one, as the underdog Petya was on the verge of creating another upset in this IO. But at the end, after 3 hard-fought sets, it wasn't meant to be, as WangChen used all of her experience to clich the final 6 points. Her opponent, ZhuLin, winner of last yr's IO, will be waiting for her in the Finals after defeating Lady Pi in 2 straight sets. :cool:
    - The WD provided a semi-upset as DuJing and her partner defeated GaoLing&ZJW in 2 relatively quick sets, preventing GaoLing of winning a double title. They will meet their compatriots, one more time, in the Finals. :cool:
    - And last the XD matches where we witnessed 2 pairs who will meet once again. This time for another rematch between BWF's top ranked XD pair vs. the much heralded new pairing of ZhengBo & his partner, the Smiling Assassin. Both pairs finished off their opponents in 2 quick sets. :cool:

At the end of the day, CHN have cemented their chance of winning all 5 events. And left the host country, INA, with only 1 representative in the Finals. Will the INA XD pair salvage a title and prevent a clean sweep of the CHN squad??..We shall see..:cool:
    As for the BC, surprised to see the Semifinals thread would also attract many BCers and viewers, unlike the earlier day's prediction that there will be less BCers in the forum. All in all, we are very pleased to see and expect another good turnout on BC, for the Finals, as MAS will be represented in 2 of the events...Looking fw to the actions in a few hrs:cool:

#1052 ctjcad, May 12, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  13. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    Well, yesterday bao chun lai played beautifully against taufik. He deserve to win.

14. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    Wang chen is cruising past Zhu lin. the chinese cannot find her form against WC

15. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    WSF... Wang chen won agaisnt Zhu lin 21-14,21-13

16. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    MDF...Fu/cai won the 1st set 21-17

17. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    val717, you're in the wrong thread.

18. val717

val717 Regular Member

contractor
    We're talking about Indonesian open right?? anyway FU/cai won against Zakry/Tazari in men's doubles finals IO '07

19. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :) Yes,its IO 07...but this is SF thread.
    There's IO 07 Final thread out there.
    and YES!Fu/Cai won!:D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 2 cents-KKK&TBH vs. CY&FHF match..

..(i re-watched the match between these 2 top pairs, pretty good:cool:)...here's my take(along w/ a few comments from friends watching back in INA):
    After watching their match, CY & FHF definitely have improved their game.

1. In the 1st set, KKK & TBH were forcing CY & FHF to play their game w/a lot of flat & cross court drives, thus creating easy smashes and forcing the CHN pair to make a lot of errors. Remember, Rexy is known more of a drive-oriented player, therefore i wasn't surprised if this tactic was used by his charges.

2. However in the 2nd set, the CHN pair started to change their tactic and forced the MAS pair to play more of a "normal" MD game(drops, lifs, smashes), as there seemed to be less drives and more smashes & lifts. And it seemed like the MAS pair weren't able to adjust to the change of strategy against them. This continued in the 3rd set, as the MAS weren't able to get their flat-driving game back, which at the end frustrated them as they lost quite tamely.

Conclusion:The CHN pair were better defensively and they were able to change their tactic/strategy and forced the MAS to play their game, starting in the 2nd set onwards.

Some additional notes:
    - The MAS pair smashes are hard but they seemed to be flatter-not as steep, thus the CHN pair were able to return most of their smashes. On the other hand, the CHN pair's smashes were not only harder but steeper.
    - The CHN pair's defense was consistent. On the other hand, the MAS pair's defense was very inconsistent.
    - The CHN pair seemed to also improve on their flat-driving game as well as their anticipation at the net.
    How to solve for MAS pair?? well, i don't know, but my feeling is the MAS pair probably need to work on their smashes(either KKK or TBH needs to become that "tukang gebuk"(smasher) ala FHF:) and defense. And learn not to rely too much on their flat-driving game, as i think other pairs are starting to figure out their game.

#1060 ctjcad, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007