Indonesia Open 2006 FINAL (04/06)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by badMania, Jun 3, 2006.

1. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    No he win, he lost to Bao in World Championship 2003... :D

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    oh...yes , ur correct
    and chen hong won wc 2003

3. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    Its xia xuanze... Hehehehe... (BTW, Ini sich cm gw sama loe doank yg ngobrol...)

#203 sugar_free, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  4. cavalry

cavalry New Member

bad stadium

yes bad stadium in surabaya. surabaya is 2nd metropolitan in indonesia, doesnt have represented stadium for international tournament. I hope in next few year, surabaya has it. Please dont make indonesia looked bad :(

5. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

definately every players will have their own supporters.... what i'd mentioned about is playing at their home's soil or oversea.. esp in SO or MO... we always see there is supporters for ina...no doubt.. time will tell of what i'd said earlier..:p

6. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

TH won against BCL was twice... both also on the IO occasion..others when they met,, the matches was in Bao's side.

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Not so sure about that... :D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

they held it in Bali a few yrs. ago, but heard it didn't attract too many spectators...I believe this yr's IO is the 2nd one held in Surabaya..
    Human errors will always be there, no matter what sporting events and where...And in these instances, *linesmen, referees and umpires often times become the scapegoat*..if a certain player(s) play at his/her own home soil and gets a bad call, he/she will complain etc.; but if another outside player say comes to Indonesia to play and receive bad calls, then they all say, "it's 1-sided" or "it's home cooking, and must be some special treatment to home player" etc2 and so on and so on...:p :rolleyes:

#208 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, "having standard to hold international tournament", maybe not, but i won't call it "bad stadium". I mean according to PBSI's and Surabaya's badminton organization's standard, CLS Hall is probably the "best and biggest available" sport hall in the city of Surabaya, which also hold games for the Surabaya's pro basketball team. So basically that's what they can provide. Heard also, eventhough they had air condition in the CLS hall, it wasn't strong enough, as the players were also soaking like crazy..
    But i heard next yr's(2007) IO will be held in the city of Solo(near the area of the new Djarum Sport Hall in Kudus)...:rolleyes:

#209 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i thought Bao played very well also, he controlled most of the 1st set, until Taufik started to "force" and keep BCL honest by doing the tight-net shots to set-up his smashes..A rubber set would be wonderful, no doubt, as the people who came to watch will really get their money's worth..hehe;) :)
    Beside, BCL is not the only CHN player who fell "victim" to Taufik's tight net shots, ask LinDan and probably Chen Hong also...hehe:p :rolleyes: ;)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Doing it in a different place/city will not diminish or eliminate the chances of "bad line calls, cancelling of umpire decision and court moving"..
    Regarding the change of city, i heard from a source from Indo that the reason they moved the IO to Surabaya from Jakarta this yr was because there was somekind of demonstrations going on in and around Jakarta. Another reason i heard was that they were doing some renovation work in the Senayan complex..?!?!..
    I think the atmosphere is also different, as the crowd and supporters in Senayan were a bit more raucous and loud. This yr's tournament, seemed like the crowd was a bit more "subdued" and "organized"...
    As for a new place to hold IO, heard they will hold next yr's tournament in Solo. Possibly in the new Djarum Sport Hall in Kudus..?!?!..:rolleyes: :cool:

#211 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
  12. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    can someone clarify what is Djarum? Is it a city or what? :p
    And how do you pronounce Djarum? (D-jar-room or Ja-room??)
    I thought the tournament was great!
    With perverted cameramen keep shooting and hot chicks
    And I thought the stadium look awesome... and the crowds were just amazing...
    And people can come in so freely and shake hands with players, especially the weirdow that came out and hug taufik in the end and the random guy on the little car haha:D

#212 Simp84, Jun 4, 2006
  13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Djarum is a large conglomerate group in Indonesia, with businesses in cigarettes production and distribution. It also sponsors one of the most famous badminton club in Indonesia (apart from Tangkas and Jaya Raya).

14. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    finally, got to see wijaya and gunawan on thier superb game. It is a pity that this is their last game..*cries...but i do enjoy watching them playing...they are real good.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

that's right...To add, Djarum has 2 clubs, one in Jakarta which develops Men Doubles or doubles players. While their main club headquarter is in Kudus, Central Java, where they just opened a new sport hall...see for their latest news..http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33491
    as far as the pronounciation of it goes, the latter is the sound..

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah, the tight net plays killed BCL for sure. Every time BCL lobbed it back it either went into the net or got smashed by Taufik (Taufik seemed to use this to score at the most critical time).

Taufik was also good in varying the speed of his returns (pushing the shuttlecock to the back of the court fast, and catching his opponents on the wrong footing --- even though they went long a few times).

When watching Taufik play, one gets this feeling he had control and will win even though he was behind BCL a couple of times. He seemed to be able to snap a few winners when he was down --- a sign of a person who knows he can control the game if he wants to. LCW from Malaysia needs to learn from Taufik --- Taufik is a real Champion !

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, it didn't "killed" BCL, hehe, but it sure threw off his rhythm quite a bit...throughout the match, BCL seemed to be the one who is "reacting" instead of the "initiator"..
    well, Taufik was able to do that because of 2 things:
    1. Strong wrist..For example, a few times, i noticed he was caught in a wrong position by BCL, and had to go back and execute a very difficult shot(either by backhand or forehand) and still got it to go over the net..
    2. He was the one controlling the tempo/action, which you mentioned below..Eventhough there are times which BCL also caught Taufik wrong-guessing and on a wrong footing..
    Absolutely..And he was motivated, for whatever reason..:rolleyes: ;) i mean you can tell the difference between his body language and BCL's-from the beginning during warm ups til the end..And a person who knows that *he is in control*. That's what i saw last yr(live) when Taufik played in the Singapore Open and World Championship..I think with him slowly getting used to and adjusting to the new scoring system, i think he will be hard to beat...:rolleyes: ;)

#217 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2006
  18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U may want to ask how I know you are a great Taufik fan. :eek:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hehe, i am not a "great" Taufik fan, just a fan of great badminton player(s); and Taufik is just one of them. ;) I just happen to follow mostly Indonesian players, as i'm able to follow the going-ons from Indonesia...But i am a fan of all great player(s) from any countries..:rolleyes: :)

20. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Hopefully, they'll devote the lavish new training center for the development of the women's team...don't we all miss the days of Susi Susanti & Mia :rolleyes: It's been a while since Indonesia competed in the elite women's events (esp singles)