Indonesia Open 2005 Participant

Discussion in 'China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005' started by mikki, Sep 6, 2005.

1. kemana

kemana Regular Member

yes , please take pictures ;)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well...for the Indonesians here....the equivalent event back home is PON (Pekan Olahraga National), where all the provinces will compete for golds in almost every sports. The China equivalent will be held sometime in early Oct if I am not wrong and all players from all sports are definitely preparing for this event.

3. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Chinese players spotted at a mall in Indo..

I am quite confused. Two of my friends met the Chinese players in Mall Taman Anggrek (a shopping mall in Jakarta). What are they doing here?? And I heard that they got out of a car sponsored by a cigarette brand, if I'm not mistaken Sampoerna. They are not really into badminton, so they do not know who they are.. Anyone got any info?

4. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

when did ur friends meet the chinese players?

5. magical_phoenix

One of them met last Saturday and the other met yesterday. Is there any international sports event in Jakarta other than next week's Djarum Indo Open? If there is, perhaps they are not badminton players, but if there isn't.... perhaps they are here after all...

6. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

hmm ic,, i don't think that there's any international sports event in Jakarta other than the indo open 2005. they're not the chinese badminton players i guess. maybe their face look like chinese badminton players,, well maybe:D

7. magical_phoenix

The problem is... they have no idea about the faces of the badminton players. They saw them wearing the jacket with CHINA written at the back. They are not wearing the black jacket, but red one. Haha.. that's the part that confuses me the most. And there are about ten of them. If there is no other int'l events.. well then who are they??? Perhaps we can confirm with PBSI... I just wish that they are coming though >.<

8. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    Are you sure they are badminton players? Maybe they are athletes from other sports. Maybe soccer, volleyball, or tennis... Many international tournaments were and will be held this month... If I'm not mistaken there was an international soccer tournament for highschool students or junior U-18 (not sure...:confused: , but i think china took part in that tournament) and it was held in Jakarta and Tangerang (a city near Jakarta). Maybe they are one of them (especially that there are many of them), but if they are really chinese badminton players, too bad i didn't go to TA that time:D

#68 sugar_free, Sep 14, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  9. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Maybe these players came for JPG Surabaya Satellite ?? (http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=20&ItemID=4594)

12th to 17th of september...

10. kemana

kemana Regular Member

haha,interesting , my guess is they are some kind of badminton club , they go to watch the Indo open. as to the 'China' jacket ,maybe some clubs do have the same uniform that the professional players wear?

11. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

Hafiz Wont be playing in the indonesian open this year. He has been withdrew by Misbun

----------------------------------
    Fever forces Hafiz out of Indon Open

BY LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: A fever has dashed shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim's hopes of making a return to competition at the Indonesia Open, which will be played in Jakarta next week.

National singles coach Misbun Sidek has decided to withdraw Hafiz from the six-star tournament after Hafiz came down ill yesterday.

The national team leave for Jakarta this weekend and Misbun said there was not enough time for his charge to regain full fitness.

“He is taking medication for fever.

“Even if he recovers next week, he is still weak and won't be able to challenge strongly for the title. It is better for him to rest at home and regain his strength,” said Misbun yesterday.

He added that 22-year-old Hafiz would now concentrate on making a rebound in the European legs of the World Grand Prix circuit – the Dutch Open (Oct 11-16) and Danish Open (Oct 18-23).

Hafiz has been plagued by poor form since winning the Swiss and Thai Open titles early in the year.

He suffered a knee injury and was shown the exit in the third round of the Japan Open in April. Hafiz also gave a poor account of himself in the World Championships in Anaheim last month, losing to South Korean Lee Hyun-il in straight games in the third round.

He was among the national players rested for the recent China Masters and Asian Championships.

The withdrawal from the Indonesia Open would possibly see Hafiz dropping out of the top 10 in the world rankings.

Hafiz is currently ranked at number eight and he has been included in the squad for the SEA Games in the Philippines (Nov 27-Dec 5).

Misbun will be not in Jakarta next week but he is hoping that the other player under his charge, Kuan Beng Hong, will be able to put up a good showing.

Beng Hong gained from the absence of the top players in the Asian Championships in Hyderabad last week to finish as the runner-up to Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

“I am happy that he lived up to his second seeding. He beat a top player in Hyun-il and I hope this has given him the confidence to aim for bigger things.

“It will be good if he can score a big upset win in Indonesia,” said Misbun.

Besides Beng Hong, the other Malaysian singles players for the Indonesian Open are world number four Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choong Hann, Roslin Hashim, James Chua, Yeoh Kay Bin, Lee Tsuen Seng, K. Yogendran and Pei Wei Chung.

The Star

-----------------------------

Hafiz's form/consistency/fitness im sure is worrying everyone...

hopefully he gets back in the SEA Games, or in one of the bigger tournaments later on in the year!!

Malaysia BOLEH...

btw, isnt Pei Wei Chung one of the upcoming malaysian youngsters? and so shouldnt Lim Kenn be there as well? or has he not proven himself...

12. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

Pei Wei Chung isn't junior player any more. He is national discard years ago and I believe you were referring to Chong Wei Feng.

Msia have a number of junior single players under Rashid. They are mainly competing in Satelite tournaments and sometimes regional championships as well. We are lacking behind in bringing up the gap between junior and senior single players. BAM should take more actions and get more juniors into senior team.

13. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

haha.. thanks for the correction there...

i think Li Mao and Misbun need to start blooding the youngsters.. expose them to the tournaments.. and get them more match-ready and match-fit.. or else malaysia will be in trouble after wch retires, who will take that third men's singles spot?

14. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Gade is taking a rest from tournaments and a busy session so he wont participate in Indo Open.

15. sandeepsajjala

sandeepsajjala Regular Member

Is this tournament Jawa Pos Gudang Garam 2005 satellite? Or is it a different one? Please some one reply. And do we have a thread for Surabaya satellite 2005?

16. eskey

eskey Regular Member

it's different. Jawa Pos Gudang Garam is satellite category tournament and held in surabaya, east java, while indo open is 6star tournament will be held in jakarta.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Is this confirmed? What abt other Denmark players like Kenneth and the double pairs? Well, its sad to hear this news. If Kenneth do turn up, he will be the top seed, followed by Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat, and Ng Wei. If Denmark decides not to send any top players, we can well see another final match between LCW and Taufik....

18. sandeepsajjala

sandeepsajjala Regular Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but then why is that no one is discussing about Jawa Pos Gudang Garam satellite here?

19. TPA_AON

TPA_AON Regular Member

THAILAND will send the best team joining this tournament.
    I really want to see rematch between Booksak VS Taufik as well as Sudket /Saralee VS Nova/Linyana

and hope Thai can win this time

20. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i want Sudket /Saralee VS Nova/Linyana too