indonesia may not come to china open 2005

Discussion in 'China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005' started by taufik-ist, Oct 2, 2005.

1. taufik 4eva

taufik 4eva Regular Member

i mean is nt da team event.so it will be simon n sony

2. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Badminton Open n SEA game

Hi,
    Why they like to bring politics into this game ah? There is no differences for the tic-for-tac between USA and USSR for d Olymipic games formerly!!!:crying: If u dont send yr best players, then it is only the badminton world will lose out. :crying: Irrespective whether it is Indonesia Open or China Open.:crying: :crying: :crying: If u dont have the best of each country to compete with the best of another country, then u dont have the best of the best,that's all.:eek: This is the problem that IBF has to look into:p

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    good news:
    pbsi has cancelled 2 tournaments (dutch and denmark open 2005) and replacing with hongkong,china,taipei open 2005. i hope this reply will stop this thread :)

4. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

I am not so sure of this. I do read the news on Tabloid Bola, with an addition "itu pun belum tentu." Which means it still open to change. Not certain yet.
    And I do not agree that withdrawing from Dutch Open and Denmark Open is a good news. For me it's just as bad... It must be a dissappointment too for some...

It is become a new bad habit of PBSI; withdrawing from a tournament in the last minute! Look, since Sutiyoso become the chairman of PBSI, they send fewer players to tournaments, and attend fewer tournaments than before. Really dissappointing.
    Maybe the financial constraint become the main reason indeed. If so, couldn't they do something about it? Or is it just Sutiyoso's policy, whatever the reason is? Remember, Indonesia sent just 10 players to the 05 WC!

Maybe we need another person like **** Sudirman who did not hesitate to sell his Chevrolet car to fund the Indonesia Thomas Cup team in 1957-1958. Ehm, Sutiyoso himself is wealth and rich and powerful etc, but in no way we can expect him to sacrifice anything for Indonesia badminton, the way Sudirman did. Just a wishful thinking...

#24 Ningtyas, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  5. peace

peace Regular Member

Indeed, I agree with you. I do not know Sutiyoso's policy. IMO, PBSI should send most of their best players to more GP tournaments. We need to see the progress and this cannot be done in only one or two GP, or even 1 year. Esepecially for women, it's good to send them to bigger tournament, to gain experience, maybe just 3 or 4 star first, then of they can reach good result, send them more to 5 or 6 star GP, otherwise Indonesia will be more and more behind China, not only women single. So far only Men's Doubles give good generation. In Men's Single,PBSI cannot only hope from Taufik, though he is World Champion and Gold Medalist of Olympic. They need more players if they want the Thomas Cup back to Indonesia, otherwise it will remain in Beijing or maybe go to Denmark, Malaysia...

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

One of the promise that PBSI made before the decision of not sending the women team to the WC is that they will instead be sent to 1* and 2* rated tournaments. So far, they have only be sent to 1* New Zealand Open and the 4* Asian Badminton Championships. The 6* Indonesia Open does not count because it is a home grand prix anyway. I will think that the women team's performance was creditable...considering their low ranking. They came home with a title from NZ and quarter-final placements at the subsequent two GP events. The points from the three events boosted their ranking to the 30s (for Firda and Nana)

I thought they will be sent to the 1* Bitburger Open (having seen their entries few weeks ago) and the 2* Holland Open just the subsequent week. Unfortunately, PBSI backed out and decided to save money instead. It could turn out that the women team will only have the Sea Games to look forward to since I dont really expect them to be sent to the 6* HK and China Open. Its a waste of money anyway because they will be out in the first round!

Its a pity seeing their ranking will drop even further after the completion of the series of European GP in the coming 3 weeks. It could just go back to square one and all women singles will be ranked below 50 once more. This does not bode well for the Uber Cup next year.....

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

PBSI will send players to 4 more GP tourneys before Thomas & Uber Cups..

I read the other day, in another Indonesian newspaper website, that PBSI is now focusing on preparing their Thomas and Uber Cup "Genuinea Pig" Teams.

They will be focusing on 4 upcoming "higher star" GP tournaments, 2 this year and 2 next year. They are Hong Kong Open, China Open(this year) and Swiss Open and All-England Open(next year). They will send out 24 players which they think are qualified (14 men and 10 women) to these 4 tournaments, in hope the results in each of them can give PBSI a clearer direction to which players to send in next year's Thomas and Uber Cups. Their last hurdle will be the Thomas & Uber Cups Continental Stage Qualification matches in India(in February).
    As far as sending out players to smaller star events, i don't know what are their plans.

So hope this info will clear some qualms or uncertainties.

8. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

well, it's not about why they skip the tournament...
    sea games is important to Indonesia..4 gold, 2 silver still realistic..
    Hendrawan says..probably they will send Maria, Firda. etc in Taiwan Open but not in China Open..

9. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

PBSI send Atu Rosalina in Denmark Open!!..
    Good news!!..but she has to start play the game as qualifier and will against Rebecca Bellingham (New Zealand) in first round..
    The one and only from Indonesia..:crying:

10. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

But Malaysia will join Denmark and Dutch Open..with full team (i think..)
    It's like an exercise before Sea Games (specially for Tan Fook/Wan Waah)
    And also China send their Womens Double..
    Indonesia send Atu Rosalina in women singles (semifinalist Jakarta Open)..

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Atu Rosalina IS NOT EVEN in Pelatnas. The 3 women players in Pelatnas that will be sent to the SEA Games and next year's Uber Cup will be Firda, Nana, and Maria Kristin. Atu Rosalina is competing in Europe on her own, probably trying to find a suitable country to "move". It's official that PBSI IS NOT sending any Pelatnas players to the European Grand Prix tournament.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The fact that she's the only one from Indonesia is an obvious indication that PBSI is not her sponsor for these tournaments. Why would PBSI only send one ladies single player to compete in the European GP...with almost 0% chance of a victory? Does that make any sense? She even lost in the 1* Bitburger Open in the 1st Round if I am not wrong.

13. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

Classic Problem

Nope..she's going to that tournament use her own money..without any sponsor.. she just used Indonesian flag..
    As you know..Indonesia has a 'classic problem' money..no sponsor.. that's why PBSI ,must selective to take some event (and i think this is the reason why PBSI didn't sent any player to Europe tour..);)

14. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

Yup as you know,they even don't send to China and Hongkong Open..probably in Taiwan Open..Hendrawan said that ladies will be focused at SEA GAMES..
    I'm just afraid about their ranking..if they're not earn much point in Sea Games their ranking will be more lower..:crying:

15. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

The Reason (Why PBSI didn't sent their player..)

[​IMG]Setelah terakhir berlaga di Indonesia Terbuka akhir September lalu, para pemain pelatnas bulu tangkis Cipayung absen di semua seri Grand Prix Eropa bulan ini, termasuk di turnamen besar Denmark Terbuka yang biasanya selalu diikuti.

Seri Eropa dimulai di Bitburger Terbuka Jerman pekan lalu. Berlanjut di Belanda Terbuka Den Bosch pekan ini dan berakhir di Denmark Terbuka, kejuaraan berhadiah total 170.000 dollar AS. Ketua Bidang Pembinaan Prestasi PB PBSI Rudy Hartono membantah, kebijakan yang tak biasa itu disebabkan induk organisasi bulu tangkis tersebut kesulitan dana.

”Persoalannya bukan dana. Dana tidak masalah. Para pemain tak dikirim karena pemain kita sudah terlalu padat frekuensi bertandingnya,” kata Rudy.

Dia menambahkan, para pemain telah meraih puncak-puncak prestasi masing-masing dalam dua turnamen terakhir.

Ganda putra Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, misalnya, dalam Kejuaraan Asia dan Indonesia Terbuka bulan lalu selalu menjadi juara. Sony Dwi Kuncoro mencapai puncak di Kejuaraan Asia, sementara ganda putra Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto dua kali berturut-turut mencapai final. Ganda campuran Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir juga menjuarai dua turnamen terakhir yang mereka ikuti, Kejuaraan Dunia dan Indonesia Terbuka.

”Kalau diberangkatkan ke Eropa juga tak terlalu bermanfaat karena untuk kembali meraih kondisi terbaik butuh selang waktu sekitar satu setengah bulan,” ujar Rudy.

Oleh karena itu, ujar Rudy, PB PBSI memutuskan agar para pemain memulihkan dan meningkatkan kemampuan di markas mereka di Cipayung.

”Sekarang yang harus kami lihat adalah kualitas latihan sesuai kebutuhan individu,” ujar Rudy. Menurut dia, para pemain baru kembali diturunkan di China Terbuka.

Kejuaraan berhadiah 250.000 dollar AS di Guangzhou itu berlangsung 9-13 November mendatang. Dari Guangzhou, tur para pemain berlanjut ke Taiwan Terbuka dan berakhir di SEA Games setelah beristirahat satu pekan.

Di China, PB PBSI hendak menguji hasil latihan dengan menghadapi para pemain China di kandang mereka sendiri.

”Jadi perhitungannya pas. Setelah dievaluasi dan ditingkatkan, diuji lawan China yang memang lawan terkuat,” kata Rudy. Untuk China Terbuka, Rudy mengaku PB PBSI telah mengalokasikan dana bagi keberangkatan 20 pemain. Itu belum termasuk jumlah pelatih yang mendampingi.

Namun, dia mengingatkan, jatah itu baru dapat diraih apabila si pemain dinilai sudah siap untuk berlaga.

”Soal kalah menang urusan nanti. Tetapi kami lihat apakah mereka sudah siap betul. Alokasi dana sudah ada, untuk ketiga tunggal putra, seluruh ganda putra utama, paling tidak dua ganda campuran, dan juga sektor putri. Sekarang tergantung para pemain apakah mereka siap,” ujar Rudy menjelaskan.;)

16. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

The other reason is..Atu has a contrcat with Denmark Club (Skaelskor)..:D