Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    couldn't agree more.. i always go with Indonesia to win over China, but in different case i'd go for China when they're not playing against Indonesia.. hahaha.. :p

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It should be that way...

..indeed, it should be that way, even in real life marriage situation...
    But then, unfortunately, once in a while, the roles are reversed esp. on the last paragraph.

The role reversal would then read like this:
    "...
    Wave your wife's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your wife's family...

Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's husband, son in law, and brother in law... Don't be away from your wife too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

Be a good son in-law!"
    :confused::(

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    :D hehehe... Well, in the classical Chinese practice, the role is seldom reversed in terms of flag-waving... :)

In Indonesia... when a woman married Pak Chris [Mr. Chris]... she suddenly became Ibu Chris [Mrs. Chris]... and it is quite posssible for people to not know her original name anymore... :p Her original identity almost dissapear...

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol, can i call pak chris if he's in ina next time?:D
    hahaha..jk

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I remember this famous Chinese badminton player...Huang Hua, who married an INA businessman years back and decided to settle down in INA. I believe she's now an Indonesian citizen and has been a model citizen so far, keeping a very low profile after her retirement, even till now :D

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    so wat will happen to Choon tan fook wife?

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Are u sure you are in the correct thread :confused:??

8. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Sometimes I am confused who should I cheer for, USA? Taiwan?
    China? Malaysia? Oh well, I cheer them all.

I am happy Obama won the Presidency!

9. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    is Greysia a Chinese?she certainly doesnt look like one...i thought she was from Manado?

yup indeed...Indonesia no.1 China no.2...as for everyone else, not so much of a fan, right? :p

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You should..

- If you're confused, you should just cheer for the players..:cool:
    - Yes, ytyang, can too!! You're one of those who was carrying the "Yes, You Can", "Hope & Change", "Change & Hope" signs???..:eek:...Happy about what??>>

#1390 ctjcad, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  11. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    For typical INA fans:
    1. Indonesia
    2. varies
    3. varies
    4. varies
    Last on the list... Malaysia :p

If people think the [May 2009] INA Open treatment of the Malaysians were bad, I think the 2010 INA Open can be even worse... The negative sentiment towards Malaysia have escalated in the past 2 months... far more than in May...

The last incident [when in July, MAS claimed our Balinese Pendet dance as theirs] just increased INA's frustration towards MAS to another level... I hear anti-MAS discussions in almost all gatherings since early August... On a positive note, actually, I've never seen INA people so united than ever before... :p united because we all feel violated...

#1392 Krisna, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dont mind they boo or anything toward malaysian player
    as long as not violence act then ok:)
    a good learning lesson to play in ina open:)

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

don't worry, the more they boo, the happy our mas players will give them a BIG present as an appreciation for them:p
    already used to it..haha:D

15. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

A well educated minority gets the opportunity to be a
    President. Will a Chinese Indonesian be offered the same
    opportunity? :confused: ... Sorry don't want to drag politics into
    this.:D

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Right. When you married into a foreign country, do you expected your in-laws ganged up with their 'friends' and got you raped, burned alive and murdered? 1965 is not that long time ago, 500,000 deads is half million too many! And 1998 is only just over 10 years ago!

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-No problem..

..i understand.
    Personally, i look past beyond the minority/race/status card.:cool:

Btw, if you'd like to continue singing your praise of Prez BO, you can hover on over these threads, if you haven't read them yet;):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46552&page=79
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54293&page=8

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

as a matter of record.... it has been proven that.. malaysian has never laid claim that a certain balinese dance originated from malaysia. that in fact was a mistake made by a multinational media company that did not do their homework

malaysians btw .... looked on with amazement when we see our neighbors down south go crazy over something so obvious, a mistake, this is not the first time. .i guess it wont be the last..... we shrugged our shoulders. and say.. 'gasak lah korang'
    (i do believe that, that explosives expert guy has something to do with the intensity of emotions)

imagine what would have happened if malaysians practiced open burning (at the scale of whats happening in sumatra or kalimantan) and the smog descended on jakarta or any of the big cities... yearly and causes lots of discomfort and misery... i bet ....

nevermind. lets go back to badminton.. i visit this thread often... i find indonesian badminton intriguing and have no doubt, they will one day . be facing china toe toe eye to eye once again...

malaysian badminton on the other hand.. stilll need lots of work

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is just absurd

Indonesia Brings Out the Big Guns For SEA Games
    In order to bring home the gold, Indonesia plans to bring out its best.

Mired in a yearlong slump of poor performances, the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) plans to send its best 18 shuttlers to the Southeast Asian Games in search of a gold-medal rush.

Indonesia national team head coach Christian Hadinata said the squad would be similar to the 2007 SEA Games team that went to Thailand. Two 2007 world champion pairs — Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir (mixed doubles), and Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan (men’s doubles) — helped the country win gold in all seven events.

“It’s about fighting for the country,” Christian said on Friday. “We just want ‘Indonesia Raya’ sung more often in such events.”

Entries for the Games in Vientiane, Laos, are not fixed, though, until next month’s deadline, and Christian said the door was still open for younger shuttlers.

“The names can still be changed because we will still have to see our opponents first to manage our strategy of play,” he said.

Former national player Alan Budikusumah said the PBSI’s decision makes sense in the wake of the Indonesian National Sports Committee (KONI) and the government challenging athletes to bring home more gold medals.

Alan said the PBSI must have a regeneration plan in its athlete development program, even though any benefits will not be seen for years.

“It is not easy work preparing young athletes for such Games, especially when Indonesia will host the Games in 2011,” he said. “We only have two years left to prepare the athletes. Of course, it will be a good moment for Indonesia’s badminton team to help the country clinch the overall champion title again.”

Icuk Sugiarto, on the other hand, is not keen on the idea of sending Indonesia’s best to the SEA Games.

The 1985 world champion said the PBSI must adhere to its regeneration plan.

“The SEA Games is a good start for young shuttlers to start representing the country at an international level,” he said. “If the PBSI still sends the seniors, it shows a big failure of the PBSI in its development program and Indonesian badminton as a whole by setting up its orientation on SEA Games only, while other countries set their eyes on higher-level events, such as the Olympics.”

Icuk, a gold medalist at the 1985, 1987 and 1989 SEA Games, said victory in the regional games was not such a big deal in his day.

“The real pride we got was by defeating China’s top players in the world championship, not by defeating Singapore’s or Vietnam’s,” he said.

For its part, KONI has asked the national sports federations to prepare only those athletes who have the best chance of winning medals. Budget shortages could see the country’s SEA Games contingent shrink to as little as 155 athletes.

“It’s a small contingent. If we want to improve our achievements, they [the athletes] all must bring home as many gold medals as they can,” said Djoko Pramono, the SEA Games national training camp head. :mad:

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My preferred squad for SEA Games:
    MS -- Simon Santoso, Tommy Sugiarto, Yoga Pratama or Nugroho Andi Saputro
    WS -- Adriyanti Firdasari, Lindaweni Fanetri, and one from Pratama
    MD -- Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan, Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    WD -- Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii, Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    XD -- Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita, Tontowi Ahmad/Richi Puspita Dili or Fran Kurniawan/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet