Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes..but to be specific..

..yes, that can be described as a commentator. But i was referring to whether he was commentating during the actual matches or during pre/post-matches (as an in-studio analyst). Just like Susy S, Sigit B. did in 2007 WC.

For INA MS' future, i think they should start exposeing the Hayom dude to more international tourneys. There's quite a bit of talk abt him in here that i think he should start playing more high level international competitions to see if he has got what it takes, even if he struggles in the next 1-2 yrs. I think we've beginning to see enough of Andre K.T. & Tommy S. and what they've got to offer.

#1321 ctjcad, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    butet will partner with m.rijal for upcoming CHinese TAipei open ..They are 5th seed. I'm not wrong they will meet LYD/LHJ during quarter..Hope butet can find partner like nova...
    HEard that nova cried after the match..I feel sympathy of both of them..Both do not smile at all...

3. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    :crying:They will meet with XD in first rank ...
    I hope they can win ...
    Nova cried coz their lose or he will separation with Butet????:confused:

4. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    i don't know..I read about nova cried in detik forum ,an indonesian forum under Butet's thread..Maybe due to their loss.They miss to win third world champion,a bit disappoinment to him since this is his final wc..But i think at least they had reached the final,considered a good achievement..WHat he can do to overcome this is to win the remaining super series left ...
    ..M.Rijal is still inexperience,so its not that easy to win over this korean pair ...But I hope they can win,or if lost at least in rubber sets ..
    I read this in that forum also taht the name for this new combination is RiBUt.
    .Ri=Rijal n But=Butet..
    ..haha very fierce name..Hopefully,their combination will be as harsh,strong n powerful just like "ribut"..(In english "ribut" means storm)

5. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah they couldnt hat trick ....:crying::crying:
    i hope M.rizal can become a good patner for butet
    and can become ribut
    hahaha ...
    how bout nova pair ???

6. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    nova will end contract at the end of this year..before this butet said she will to stay with nova until AG 2010....she said that during press conference after final xd at chin master 2008 when reporters asked her about their partnership..But i don't know if currents situation will lead to another decision....Just can't wait for this new partnership..BUtet need some one like nova who can back up at the back and smash hard..i think ..

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Some personal comments from the opening matches of the Macau Open:
    1. I think it's time for Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie to be split up. Edo needs to find a better partner to complement him.

2. Likewise, get Aprilia Yuswandari out of Pelatnas!

Some positive pts:
    1. Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah managed to stretch the All-England champion He Hanbin/Yu Yang to 3-sets. Good start for the new pairing! Keep this pair and they could rise up to top 20 for sure by next year!

2. Lindaweni Fanetri also pushed the top-seed Zhou Mi to 3-sets and could have won the match in straight-sets if luck went her way (at 19-19 in the second-set).

3. Although their opponents are not that strong, Annisa Wahyuni/Anneke Feinya Agustine continue to progress to R16 and will face Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen tomorrow. Another R16 performance next week will see their ranking go up to top 35. Not bad for a new pairing and they could rise up top 20 by mid-next year.

4. Hendra A. Gunawan/Vita Marissa look like a decent combo and after next week's TPE Open GP Gold, they should be ranked in the top 40, with only 6 tournaments. With more participations, they could also reach top 20 by next year.

5. No question about Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra as INA's no 2 pair at the moment. They still lack a little something to be considered the top 5 pair in the World. What they need is consistency at later rounds (beyond SF) and hopefully a title or two by end of this year.

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

IMHO,

Hendra Setiawan should play XD with Natsir and/or MD with Hendra Gunawan.

:)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

FYI, there's no way for an INA MD player in the National Team to play in XD; unless he's really good enough to take on both duties well. The same goes for CHN top MD player in general. You will never see Fu Haifeng or Cai Yun playing XD. Besides, what Liliyana Natsir need is a hard-hitter, not a play maker.

Plus, Hendra A. Gunawan is not longer in the National Team and currently doing an okay job with Alvent Yulianto, ranked no 8 in the World in just under 8 mths of partnership.

10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks for your info.

Then, with whom will Setiawan play in the future? Still with Kido? (I see many INA men are all hard-hitter.)

Actually, as you know, LYD is not hard-hitter; I think his smashes are much weaker than Setiawan's. I think Setiawan can play well in XD. But yes, it would be hard for him to switch to XD if he has not played it from his junior ages.

11. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    lol i like it!:D
    if PBSI is to proceed with project 'RiBut', i think nova should stay a bit longer to partner debby (since she is now partner-less). This is so that nova could share his mount-load of experience with her and more importantly, so that debby could experience how it feels to play at a higher level which will be usefull in the future (if she is to partner someone her age). and of course if she does partner nova, we could see more of her :D (which is the overall goal, cos i think she's cute :p )
    if fernando kurniawan/lingga lie are to be split up, i think fernando should partner rendy sugiarto....lets bring out the taletned juniors! or, lets start our vacuuming process!e.g. pair up HS with nando, and MK with LL...or scratch pairs with rian/yoke since they are very unproductive,might as well use 'em for part of regeneration...what do you guys think? :)
    as for INA's XD with nova's departure, we wont be seeing another pair as great as nova/butet. lets face it, devin/lita pairing is not exactly what we call a 'world-class' pair...
    IMO, rijal is getting old as well...is he younger than butet or is he "YOUNGER" than butet? :D lol...long live INA baddy! :D

12. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    really ???
    nova will end the contract:crying:
    I think nova is a good badminton player
    and he could become a good partner for lilyana
    lilyana must get a new patner like nova
    _LOL_

13. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    I'm not sure about the news.This is what i've read at an Indonesian forum..DOn't u read this forum ,Detik..I'm not indonesians but i browse this forum everyday just to know about BUtet news and her latest pics..hehe..You should go tehre.Here is the link.
    http://forum.detik.com/showthread.php?t=43851&page=191

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think Bona-Ahsan are INA's de-facto number 2 pair... :cool:

15. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    100% agree.. I think Alvent/Hendra never won againts Bona/Ahsan in their previous match before..

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They might be overtaken in the rankings-table by the end of TPE Open next week :p

Anyway, AG/Alvent's problem has been inconsistency and that showed up in the Macau Open too.....

Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan's progress to the QF, beating the fourth-seed also marks a sign of progress. I hope they can beat the CHN pair today and reach their first GP-Gold SF. It's time for them to show that they can be counted on as INA's top MD pair :cool:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

INA's top MD pair??..

..you meant "can be counted on as one of INA's top MD pairs"??:confused:..they haven't won anything significant yet, have they??..:eek:

18. badadum

badadum Regular Member

They're also only 20yrs old.... give em a bit more time chris ;)

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Oh, are they? Very promising. :)

20. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    thank u for ur information:) isaura ...