Indian Badminton League (IBL)

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by depleter, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xpert

Xpert Regular Member

Consultant
    To get the ladies double into play, it might be a good suggestion to look to Denmark [Biased ;-)] Where six matches is played MS1 & 2 and one in each of the other categories. If 4-2 or better the winning team gets 3 matchpoints loser gets zero. If 3-3 then the match is decided in golden set. One set to 21 points. the teams in turn deselect categories until only one is left. You can select any player(s) you like to the golden set. Match then ends 4-3 and winning team is awarded 2 matchpoints and loser gets 1 matchpoint. Very interesting and exciting.
    I

@sporpion1
    why participate in a tournament if winning isn't somehow a priority?

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ofcourse winning is a priority. But they have to look for all other options as well. Instead of having two players from the same country for playing doubles, they can go for one from Intl and having one from india to play XD and this will greatly improve indian player's experience . Am i right?? Denmark's MD player is very experienced and at the top level. This will be a great thing for that team to have such a kind of player. Aswini definitely will get a great experience from this.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Kido 15,500 mixed/doubles
    boe 50,000 doubles
    mogensen 50,000 doubles
    ashwini 25,000 mixed
    fischer 35,000 mixed/doubles
    sindu 80,000 ws
    Rasika Raje 3,000 ws sub.
    h.s prannoy 16,000 ms
    2 free ms under 19

This is how I would have spent my money based on what we know of prices/players for winning purposes.:D (just for fun)

4. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    My money would have been onto:
    [TABLE="width: 335"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Indian[/TD]
    [TD]Ajay Jayaram (MS)[/TD]
    [TD]25,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Intl[/TD]
    [TD]Nyugen tien Minh (MS)[/TD]
    [TD]44,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Intl[/TD]
    [TD]Tai Tzu Ying (WS)[/TD]
    [TD]25,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Intl[/TD]
    [TD]Vladimir Ivanov(MD)[/TD]
    [TD]15,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Intl[/TD]
    [TD]Joachiam Fischer Nielsen(MD,XD)[/TD]
    [TD]35,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Indian[/TD]
    [TD]Akshay Dhanwalkar (MD)[/TD]
    [TD]36,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Indian[/TD]
    [TD]Ashwini(XD)[/TD]
    [TD]25,000
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Looks like I can afford Saina or LCW now when I started frugal but wait the auction is already over and the set of players I have in the list gives me pretty much confidence... but I would like to save some money in my pocket.

#264 gopalprasad, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if i join the auction
    do u think u can get TTY at this price?:p

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    limsy!! I am bewildered and shocked!!! :eek:
    How can you even think of trying to bid for your beloved TTY??? :crying: :p

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Mixed reaction to player auction for inaugural Indian Badminton League

[h=1][/h]
    Published on Jul 25, 2013
    12:17 AM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Purchase this article for republication
    [​IMG]Buy SPH photos

NEW DELHI (AP) - The organisers of an upcoming franchise-based badminton league in India say the hefty sums received by local players in an auction this week are a sign of their rising profile internationally and will only increase interest in the tournament.
    "I'm disappointed that top players like Boonsak Ponsana and Kenichi Tago were not bid for," Indian Badminton League chief executive Ashish Chadha told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
    "But the franchises are happy to have bought Indians who have been pulling off some creditable wins in big tournaments."
    The league will be played from Aug 14-31 in a mixed format featuring six franchise teams - Delhi Smashers, Hyderabad Hotshots, Mumbai Masters, Pune Pistons, Awadhi Warriors and Banga Beats.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hopefully the Indian Badminton League will expand India's sporting horizons

Jul 24, 2013, 12.00AM IST

The successful players' auction for the much-awaited Indian Badminton League (IBL) represents a massive boost for the sport in India. There is no denying that the country has produced some excellent shuttlers in the past - the likes of Prakash Padukone and Pullela Gopichand ranked among the best in the world - and can currently boast of a crop of talented young players, including women's World No. 3 Saina Nehwal. However, Indian badminton lacks the resources and heft to dominate the sport like Chinese badminton has in recent years. And in a country obsessed with cricket, it is often treated in a step-motherly fashion by authorities and sponsors alike.

---------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://articles.timesofindia.indiat..._indian-badminton-league-pune-pistons-the-ibl

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    To What Extent Can the IBL raise standards of Indian players

Notice the change in team name of Awadhi Warriors from Lucknow Warriors.

IMO, I'm not so sure to what extent this league can help to upgrade standards of Indian players. Interaction and communication with the better foreign players is one thing, but practising with them over long periods is another, the latter to me being the more relevant and useful.

Recently we have seen many Indian players failing to reach even the QF of many tournaments. Of course SN, being WR2 is the exception, but then she also faltered on a few occasions, losing to lower-ranked players.

It seems to me that the gambling element is more popular and dominant. Maybe the IPL for cricket has something to do with it and people are looking to the money side, or how to make more money from the new IBL than raising badminton standards.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ashish Chadha, CEO of Sporty Solutionz, said:“I am disappointed with the Some top players (World No.4 Ratchanok Intanon and Boonsak Ponsana, Indonesian Top-10 names like Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Tommy Sugiarto besides World No.5 Japanese Kenichi Tago and Danish ninth ranked Jan O Jorgensen) remained unsold way the auction went. We tried so hard to bring these players on board but no teams came up to pick them. But I can understand the franchises point of view. They also can’t help as these players are not available for the entire event,

So, Now the reason behind the entire left out drama came out. i.e. These players would not be available for the entire event. As franchises expected their players to be with them for the entire event.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why not if i own a franchisees and participate in the auction?:p
    just to play for my team.
    what are u thinking?:rolleyes::D

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A thousand pardons, sir!
    It appears I have misjudged you! :(
    If however, you have the financial muscle to become one of the franchises, shouldn't you instead be buying out BAM and turning things around there? ;) :p

But I get your point. Actually, I'm sure TTY would play for free for your franchise, just as thanks for being "No. 1 fan." :D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    bam? just an old corpse ;)
    actually [MENTION=40689]xiaobunny[/MENTION] did a lots for TTY
    TTY only saw me once:crying:

14. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Wow, right what is going on here? Jan o pre auction demands were not met and he still participated in auction? I find that hard to believe. Japan and Indonesia did release their players?
    [MENTION=109197]Penwinack[/MENTION] statement also about Intanon
    "I don't know why she nominate for auction because her manager deny for IBL. she want to rest after WC and prepare for CSBL in Qingdoa again this year."

Why could they not be available for the entire event? if this is true.

15. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

@Craigany I don't know why that , but her manager talk about that in thai news about 2month
    She said. " India had approached the club's League Challenge Rush Inthanon Bird to play a short time.
    By offering higher wages than 2-3 times the league has refused to leave.
    Because they see that throughout the years Thailand's 18-year-old little girl to suffer bouts of fatigue
    throughout the body. Do not want to add too much competition. "

May be in last time , they decided to play in IBL but Ratchanok high price base for auction because she has 8 day only to play in IBL.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Anybody has any idea of how much she is getting for playing in CBSL?? Any idea??

17. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    Wow! So much emotion about the league! In some ways it has gotten success already!
    What I would like to humbly submit are the mechanics of an auction. If you follow popular auctions of heritage pieces and think, you may not pay the same price. I wouldn't pay $$$ for a Mac from 1980s. It is junk to me. However, it is a collectors item to some one else. Value this differs by individual to individual. Same applies to ibl auction as well.
    My second submission is team vs individual. In ibl, a team will win the cup. This individual rankings don't matter as much as having flexibility and ability to cover one another.
    My final submission is marketing of players. This auction is completely new for the players. In ipl, over the years we have seen the advent of auction managers for players. These people are hired by players to build momentum, excitement about them and lobby the team managers prior to the auction. One instance was a player from Australia being sold for over million when their place in the Australian national team was not even confirmed. This trend will have to be adopted by badminton players as well if they want to seek the best price. They will have to market themselves.

18. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

About as same as last year because this year CBSL play short game (11 game point)
    but they add in bonus in every match if she win.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I remember reading a while back that imported players for cbsl can fetch six figures in myr a match which is about $30,000. On this forum, can't remember where.

20. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    Looksike there is even less public information about CBSL than the IBL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.