India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

When i watched chirag sen's name, i thought he will win the match. But lost to an unknown Vietnamese player at an International Challenge tournament in the Round of 64. He need to think of another career option.

#5021 Baddyforall, Mar 7, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  2. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

3. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

massive Ls for our players these past months

4. Baddyforall

Another Satwik Reddy kannapuram in u-19 who is playing XD along with Vaishnavi khandekar .They are really good. Watched them playing last week.,They even defeated Chinese pair

5. Baddyforall

After seeing the draws of All England , I must say we can expect more 1st round exits next week.

6. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Satwik/Chirag were originally slated to play against minions in R1. Now that the minions have withdrawn, and they are drawn against another Ind MD pair, we can safely say there will at least one Indian team contesting R2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddyforall likes this.
  7. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Looks Like Gopichand's Son - Sai Vishnu is studying at UK university and having badminton training(part time?) under Chris Langridge. Sai Vishnu, as mentioned by Chris, is very good player and gave tough fight to Mithun Manjunath at 2021-12 Hyderabad Sr nationals. Won 2018 Sub Jr U15 BS Championship. Any good reason for move away from India/Family?. Will continue his badminton Career?.

8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sai Vishnu appears to have lost his confidence with average results in singles and doubles. Probably just a mental break before he makes a decision to continue badminton.

9. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I had earlier said it would be a surprise if any player makes the QF at the All England on current form. The singles and MD pairs played as expected and went out early.

PV Sindhu has a year to get her confidence back. Lakshya Sen had a tough first round opponent in Chou Tien Chen and finally beat a top 5 player. He still has some work to do to improve consistency. HS Prannoy missed an opportunity to beat Ginting in 2 games. Both Lakshya and Prannoy have shown some improvement from BAMTC 2023. Srikanth Kidambi has a lot of work to do to find form and rhythm.

Satwik/Chirag made too many unforced errors at crucial moments and were a shadow of themselves. They played with fear and paid the price.

WD is our light among the darkness. Just one win against a strong Chinese pair in BAMTC 2023 has made this transformation. At the All England Treesa/Gayatri had to pass 2 top 10 pairs to make the QF and they rose to the occasion. They have a stern test in the semis against the Korean pair.

Their biggest asset is their fearless play and self belief that they can beat any pair. They still have lots of work to improve on back court and front court but their belief will take them places. WD can lead the way for the other pairs and players to step up.

On current form India are not ready for the Sudirman Cup with the exception of WD. Unless singles and MD step up we are looking at a group stage or QF loss. They have the incentive of Olympic Qualification points to push hard.

#5029 badmuse, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Treesa/Gayatri stopped by the Korean Wall. They need to learn patience, and different strategies against rock solid defence.

11. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

MS: 2/3 players to be in Top 16 by Oly Qualification ending at any cost like Prannoy, Sen, Srikanth.. Coach Gopichand should again fully focus on coaching. Ignore about BAI politics for a year at-least!!.
    WS : Sindhu & Gopichand should join together... Nation First!.. Any intervention by BAI-President Assam CM Shri.Sharma Ji /Union Sports Minister / Even PM..
    WD : Last 2 Months, Gayathri has improved lot, copied lot from Tressa (like she copied other girl's style while playing Singles). She should not thing about VVIP parents while playing..
    MD : Apart Reddy/Shetty , 2/3 good pairs need.. Again PPBA/
    XD : Need to develop..

PPBA /Yadav(YPBA) should also produce parallel 2/3pairs at International level.

In 2019 it was written on one of the PGBA wall " India got only gold Medal in 2008 Oly, waiting for next Gold"
    Of course, now total 2 Individual golds.. but compared to our population!!.

PGBA and PPBA and other academies, associations should put full efforts to get as many people to Qualify for Paris 2024.

AIM for atleast 4 Medals from badminton in Paris-2024.

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

* PPBA Wall

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

14. Baddyforall

Nice to see doubles shine in India. Especially WD. Sad to see there is not even a single Good Mixed doubles pair at present.

badmuse likes this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, WD was our weakest discipline and it is now a bright spark for the future. Doubles is now seen in a different light and many youngsters are seriously pursuing it as a career. It's a slow process that will bring out more talent.

Baddyforall likes this.
  16. Baddyforall

17. Baddyforall

Priyanshu got demolished by a Chinese Taipei player at Swiss open 2023. He does not have B game. I watched few points. But to my surprise, the Taiwan player is so strong in his base game and understanding of the game, which is completely missing in Rajawat's game.

18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, he has to grasp these skills quickly otherwise Priyanshu will struggle.

19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Priyanshu beat a top 15 player Kenta Nishimoto for the first time in Orleans Super 300. HIs biggest positive was the reduction in unforced errors. He still has a lot to learn and grasp but he will become a better player in a years time.

browning and Sumanth99 like this.
  20. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yesterday, I came in contact with my old batch mates (2010-11) through insta and fb. I had to shuffle so many profiles and at last I found them. In the process, I found so many state and national players from Delhi who were champions in yesteryears (junior level). Now all of them getting married, out of badminton and settled in foreign countries in some other career. Made me little emotional and I asked myself “what if they were given right opportunities, infrastructure and exposure so that their abilities were extracted out to maximum use”. I’d still say, those coaching days were one of the best moments of my life and the camaderie I had there in short span of time was really powerful, so yeah it was bittersweet yesterday when I saw all the old faces.

paroxysmal and badmuse like this.