India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

line up for TUC camp, PVS's name isn't there. Most popular Telugu daily wrote today that PV will participate in UC upon the request from BAI chief.

Without Satwik/Chirag it'll be very difficult for Mens. Hope Satwik recovers soon. He also needs to over come whatever is that dark energy that is preventing him from representing in major tournaments like WC, AC, TC.

Baddie lover likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Also LS should be fielded for MS3, DK/KPG will make a better MD that any other combo in that list.

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  4. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

What happened to Prannoy? Surprising to see Kartikey, Ansal and Siril there. Priyanshu should have been there instead of one of mentioned three.

5. Baddie lover

Yes lakshya should be there for Ms3, I dont think DK/KPG will be partnered. Most probably DhruvArjun will play. Btw who's our new doubles coach ?

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Some pure bs in there

7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Is there a new doubles coach

8. Baddie lover

Flandy resigned. So I thought there must be someone.

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Nope Nope, no new doubles coach, actually flandy was right, they dont care doubles.

10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

India picked a weaker team from already weak lineup, no bsp, hsp or sv.
    Lets not talk about doubles, I am also not sure if sd is practicing or in what shape he is in.

Sn also doesnt seem to be in decent shape, pvs is the one to look for in ubercup

11. Baddie lover

The team has been selected on which basis ? Players were supposed to be in a camp till 17 September and at that day, the team was supposed to be declared. I wonder how Aakarshi got preferred over Ashmita? Good to see Malika back.

Ohh my. Poorvisha and Jakkampudi got selected. What's their ranking ? Over 50 ?

I wonder why HSP and SV were not in probables list. Also, BSP got injured that's why he wasn't picked. Our Thomas cup team already looks so weak without services of SatwikChirag. I only have hopes from my boy Lakshya :)

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

With INA & Korea out of the TC/UC, India might have a chance against MAS in TC & against JPN/CHN in UC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That is if KS, HSP or BSP or SV are in their prime forms and Satwik and Chirag are playing. I seriously don't expect any performance out of this te

14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Wowww!! You are the most optimistic dude I've come across in a while.

15. Baddie lover

16. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Either way there were being wasted on these guys. And I dearly hope they can prove me wrong this time around in the coming tournaments.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. Baddie lover

Link: https://360badminton.com/news/badmi...-responsible-for-their-own-safety-in-denmark/

Badminton Association of India says players will be responsible for their own safety in Denmark

The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has asked its players to give a written consent mentioning that they will be going to Denmark at their own risk and will not be the association’s responsibility.

The BAI sent out an email to players that read, “In case no communication is received in the stipulated time (17 September), we will understand that you are not willing to participate in the Danisa Denmark Open 2020.”

It is indicated that the BAI wanted to be a mere forwarding agency and not a sports body when badminton restarted. BWF Secretary Thomas Lund messaged BAI and said, “The Denmark Open will still go ahead…It remains a priority to restart international badminton.”

According to reports by the Times of India, world champion P.V. Sindhu has pulled out from going to Denmark. Saina Nehwal, Srikanth Kidambi, Parupalli Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, Subhankar Dey and Lakshya Sen have confirmed their participation for Denmark Open.

Sindhu said, “I have pulled out of the Denmark Open. Since TUB was a team event, I wanted to represent my country. Now that it’s postponed, there is no point going to Denmark…I am planning to compete in the three Asian tournaments.”

Of the six players who will be going to Denmark only Saina Nehwal, Srikanth Kidambi and Lakshya Sen would be sponsored by the government.

An official from the BAI said, “We are not shying away from responsibilities. Even for shuttlers not sponsored by the government, we will arrange for visa, accommodation on concessional rates and any other help.”

terrynguyen121988 and samkool like this.
  18. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    so it's pretty much 95% business as usual.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Baddie lover

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    Vimal added: “I understand the concern that players have but they have to take the onus. It is an individual sport, look how tennis players have done it, the government cannot always do everything for you.Players need competition and if you are eager to play then just go and play and if you are too stressed then better to skip it.”

vimal's assessment is only half correct.

for india's case bai has put the decision making on uneven footing for indian players since some are supported financially by bai and some are not. in a sense bai is acting the same as an individual corporate sponsor for the top athletes. the top indian players are 'team' members and receive the advantages of being on the team. the lower players are quasi individual athletes who have to 'pay' their way to be on the team. this is not entirely bai's fault.

it's the same for a few other asian nations. but, at the same time other big asian nations have too much power over their athletes, aka-property, to cause a situation like we have now. asian players want to play but cannot express their truth for fear of being dropped by their corporate sponsor, aka-team.

have i ever mentioned it's a consequence of the system bwf chooses to 'run' the sport with...? running an individual sport under a team framework is the wrong way to run things.

#3960 samkool, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020