Ina Team

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by indra, Dec 11, 2006.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

So, we can update the latest news of INA bdm from :
    - KOMPAS daily newspaper
    - BOLA sport-tabloid -- twice in a week : every Tuesday and Friday.

But,sorry that above reliable sources only in Bahasa Indonesia. Need volunteer translator here in this forum.

Another choices probably ANTARA news agency (bi-lingual) and JakartaPost (English only). Why PBSI's web is disfunction as prime source of INA bdm??

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

PBSI's team are :

MS : Taufik Hidayat, Simon Santoso, Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    WS : Adriyanti Firdasari, Maria Kristin
    MD : Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, Luluk Hadiyanto/ Alven Yulianto, Joko Riyadi/ Hendra A.G.
    WD : Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti, Lita Nurlita/Natalia Poluakan, Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa
    XD : Nova Widianto/ Lilyana Natsir, Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa, Muhammad Rizal/Greysia Polii

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

thanks sandy..
    they send the strongest INA players..

4. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

still no info about non PBSI players

Chandra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan
    Eng Hian/Rian Sukmawan
    Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari

I think they will compete too

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the info, Sandy...and hopefully..

..barring any injuries, we'll see this lineup for the rest of the yr's SS schedule...:p ;)
    ..Btw, hmm, i don't see Jo Novita's(G. Polii's partner) name in there??..is she injured??..:confused:

6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Jo injured in AG, she must take a rest for 2 months

7. djowodjo

djowodjo New Member

Go Indonesia Go!

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Gotcha..

..thanks for the info..So, any info on which player(s) will continue to compete in the Korea Open??..I know Taufik will be absent there..
    A bit of topic, speaking of Tony, for those interested, i just posted an article on his current coaching/playing status @ this link : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=492288#post492288

#28 ctjcad, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  9. babonimut

babonimut Regular Member

Translated by babonimut
    Friday, 22 December 2006

Jo absent for two months
    Greysia Polii partnered with Vita Marissa

Jakarta, kompas - Injury suffered by Jo Novita during the 2006 Doha Asian Games impacted on the restructured formation of women's doubles at the Cipayung National Training Centre. Because of Jo being forced to rest for about two months, Greysia Polii would partner with Vita Marissa in the early 2007.

Jo suffered knee injury while representing Indonesia to play against Malaysia in the Asian Games qualifying group. Jo, partnered with Greysia, was unable to continue the match against Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui in the second round. Having won 21-17 in the first set, Jo/Greysia lost 20-22 in the second set before bowing out because Jo was unable to continue with the game.

"According to the doctor, my left knee muscle was torn and there was blood clot beneath the tear. Its treatment would have to be therapy. So, I wouln't be playing in January and February," said Jo, Thursday (21/12) at Jakarta.

However, Jo mentioned that her condition improved since she was first injured on 2 December. "When I first suffered the injury, I could hardly walk. But, it has now improved, being able to walk with the help of a walking stick. Pray for me, hopefully after recovery I'd be stronger," said she.

Jo, a player from Jakarta's Tangkas club who has been a member of the National Training Centre since 2000, has been partnering with Greysia since 2005. Together with Greysia, they managed to win a title at the 2006 four-star Phillipine Open. In addition, Jo/Grace also managed to reach the final of six-star Korea Open.

However, with her injury, Jo had to postpone participating in the Super Series tournaments in the early 2007. At most, she would be absent in the two tournaments held in January - Malaysia Super Series and Korea Super Series.

For those two tournaments, as commented a day earlier by the National Training Centre's sub-sector chief Lius Pongoh, Greysia would be registered to partner with Vita. However, the pair would have to play in the qualifying rounds for they have not had an world ranking.

While changes ensued in the women's doubles discipline, other doubles sectors have been maintained by the national training centre's coaches, including the recently in-form Flandy Limpele/Vita. "For the time being, only Flandy/Vita were able to match the ability of Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir. So, they could still be maintained. What is more, they have not been exposed to many tournaments," said the coordinating doubles coach Christian Hadinata.

Flandy/Vita only participated in three tournaments since being formed by mixed doubles coach Richard Mainaky three months ago. Flandy/Vita managed to win a title in their first tournament at Japan Open.

After that, they managed to reach quater finals of Denmark Open in early November. A week later, the pair who were now ranked 34 in the world ranking, emerged as runners-up at the Dutch Open.

Actually Flandy/Vita were prepared for the Asian Games. But, due to the limit on athlete quota, Flandy was forced to call off his Doha trip. (iya)

10. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

Hadapi Kejuaraan Super Series Malaysia & Korea
    Tiga Nomor Jadi Harapan PBSI
    Oleh adminSenin, 08-Januari-2007, 13:44:3127 klik[​IMG][​IMG]Jakarta (PR) - PB PBSI tetap mengharapkan sektor tunggal putra, ganda putra, serta ganda campuran menjadi kekuatan utama untuk meraih gelar di Kejuaraan Super Series Malaysia, 16-21 Januari dan Korea, 23-28 Januari. Jakarta (PR) - PB PBSI tetap mengharapkan sektor tunggal putra, ganda putra, serta ganda campuran menjadi kekuatan utama untuk meraih gelar di Kejuaraan Super Series Malaysia, 16-21 Januari dan Korea, 23-28 Januari.

''Untuk putri meski dirasakan akan sangat berat, tapi saya tetap berharap dari putri bisa menunjukkan hasil yang terbaik,'' ujar Kasubid Pelatnas Lius Pongoh di Jakarta, Sabtu (6/1).

Dikatakan Lius, dirinya percaya kalau pemainnya memiliki tekad yang besar untuk meraih juara, sehingga tidak perlu dilecut dengan beban target.

''Saya juga mantan atlet, setiap main selalu ingin menang karena ini kewajiban pemain. Tidak mungkin kalau pemain dikirim ke sebuah kejuaraan ingin kalah. Jadi tanpa dibebankan target dari pengurus, mereka sudah mengerti harus berbuat apa,'' kata Lius.

Di kejuaraan super series yang berhadiah total 200.000 dolar AS (sekira Rp 1,8 miliar) ini, tunggal putra akan diperkuat peraih medali emas Asian Games 2006, Taufik Hidayat dan Sonny Dwi Kuncoro. Simon Santoso batal tampil. ''Berdasarkan laporan dari pelatihnya, Hendrawan, Simon belum siap tampil di dua seri ini. Sebelumnya Simon memang akan berangkat, tapi rekomendasi dari pelatih tersebut yang akhirnya Simon batal tampil,'' kata Lius.

Berdasarkan rekomendasi dari Hendrawan, kondisi dan kesiapan Simon belum bagus setelah tampil kurang bagus di pengujung 2006 saat berlaga di Asian Games Doha dan kejuaraan Copenhagen di Denmark. ''Usai main di Asian Games, Simon langsung ke Copenhagen dan hasilnya tidak bagus. Jadi pelatih menilai, Simon belum siap kembali tampil di sebuah kejuaraan, lebih baik dia berlatih di Cipayung,'' ujarnya.

Di sektor ganda, tetap mengandalkan peraih perak dan perunggu Asian Games Doha, Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto dan Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, mereka akan didukung pasangan muda Joko Riyadi/Hendra A. Gunawan.

Di sektor ganda, pasangan peringkat satu dunia Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir akan berusaha memperbaiki penampilan buruk saat main di Asian Games, yang langsung tumbang di babak awal. Padahal pasangan ini sangat diharapkan untuk meraih medali emas. ''Saya berharap pasangan ini bisa mengambil hikmah atas penampilan buruk di Asian Games, dan kembali tampil solid di kejuaraan super series ini,'' kata Lius.

Nova/Lilyana akan didampingi Vita Marisa/Flandy Limpele dan pasangan Muhamad Rizal/Greysia Polii. Di tunggal putri, hanya mengandalkan Maria Kristin pemain yang tidak tampil di Asian Games, sedangkan tiga pemain yang berlaga di Asian Games yaitu Fransisca Ratnasari, Andriyati Firdasari, dan Pia Zebaidah disimpan di Cipayung. Di nomor ganda putri menampilkan tiga pasangan yaitu Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa, Lita Nurlita/ Natalia Poluakan, dan Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti.(A-105/pikiran-rakyat.com

11. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

sooo... INA team will fight in all of the category.
    MS: taufik, sony
    MD: luluk/alven, markis/hendra, joko/hedra
    WS: maria kristin
    WD: gresysia/vita, lita/natalia, rani/endang
    XD: nova/lilyana, flandy/vita, rizal/endang

plus outsider :tony/chandra

what about the draw.... is it there yet?

#31 nugroho, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Rian Sukmawan and Eng Hian will compete in the Malaysia Super Series too... They are currently world #12 in MD. :) But they are not in the National Team. PB Djarum is sponsoring them.

As for the draw... not out yet... I am anxiously waiting. I hope the Indonesian doubles won't clash in the early rounds... since there is no National Separation in the Super Series...

I hope our players will clash with the Malaysians in the quarterfinals... that would be excellent!!! :cool: I love our Indo-Malay rivalry... Sort of like England vs. Ireland... and Japan vs. Korea in all other sports... It keeps the heart pumping more... :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing the article..

..thanks for that, nugroho..
    now anyone else willing to help us in translating(ie. indra, babonimut, DoublesPlayer, Krisna, ssuly)-much appreciated;):cool:
    *Btw, jumping a bit ahead, but anyone has any info on who will participate in the Korean Open?? :confused: ;)

14. event

event Regular Member

It's nice to see this Joko Riyadi/ Hendra A.G. team in a top-flight tournament. I hope this isn't just because it's in Malaysia. I hope they make it to more of the Super Series tournaments, especially Korea. I keep hearing about them but have never seen them play.

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    can't wait to see all the INA-MAS Clashes.. those will be GREAT matches.. as the rivalry has gone through so many decades n i think it will be endless... GO MAS!!!!!!!!!

16. babonimut

babonimut Regular Member

PBSI targeted three titles in the Malaysian & Korean Super Series Tournaments
    By admin
    Translated by babonimut
    Monday, 08-Jan-2007, 13:44:3127 klik

Jakarta (PR) - The Indonesian Badminton Association counted on men's singles, men's doubles and mixed doubles sectors to be the main strength to win titles in the Malaysian Super Series Tournament, 16-21 January and Korean Super Series Tournament, 23-28 January.

"Eventhough facing very tough challenges in the ladies' events, I remain hopeful that women sectors could bring back their best results," said the Indonesian Badminton Association Sub-sector chief Lius Pongoh at Jakarta, Saturday (6/1).

Lius said he was confident that his charges had a strong drive to win, so there was no need to be burdened with targets.

"I'm also a former athlete, playing to win is instinctive for this is the players' commitment. It is not logical to send players to a tournament to lose. So without being burdened with targets from officials, they are assumed to know what they have to do," said Lius.

In the Super Series Tournament with prize money totalling US$200,000 (about Rp. 1.8 milliard), the men's singles sector would be spearheaded by the 2006 Asian Games Gold medalist Taufik Hidayat and Sonny Dwi Kuncoro. Simon Santoso called off his participation. "According to his coach Hendrawan's report, Simon was not ready to participate in these two Super Series tournaments. Initially Simon was sheduled to participate, but after considering his coach's recommendation his participation was eventually called off," said Lius.

Based on Hendrawan's recommendation, Simon's condition and readiness was not yet well prepared after concluding the year 2006 with unsatisfactory results during Doha's Asian Games and Denmark's Copenhagen Masters. "After playing at Asian Games, Simon headed straight to Copenhagen and his results were unsatisfactory. So, his coach reviewed that Simon was not ready to play in a tournament, he'd be better off training at Cipayung," added he.

In the men's doubles sector, hopes were placed on the Asian Games silver and bronze medalists Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto and Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, they would be supported by young pair Joko Riyadi/Hendra A. Gunawan.

In the mixed doubles sector, the world's number one Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir would try to regain their form after playing badly at the Asian Games in which they lost in the early round. This pair was actually expected to win gold medals. "I hope this pair could learn from their defeat at the Asian Games and regain their form to play well in the super series tournaments," said Lius.

Nova/Lilyana would be flanked by Vita Marisa/Flandy Limpele and Muhamad Rizal/Greysia Polii. In the women's singles sector, Indonesia's only hope lay on Maria Kristin who didn't play at the Asian Games, while three lady players who played at the Asian Games, that is Fransisca Ratnasari, Andriyati Firdasari, and Pia Zebaidah would remain at Cipayung. The women's doubles sector featured three pairs, that is Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa, Lita Nurlita/ Natalia Poluakan, and Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti.(A-105/pikiran-rakyat.com)

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Another version from JakartaPost (08/01/07) :
    --Indonesia will only be sending a small squad to the US$200,000 Malaysia Super Series-the first event of newly created Super Series-because of regulations introduced by Badminton World Federation.--

*Here they are the small squad :
    - MS (2) TH and Sony
    - WS (1) Maria Kristin Yulianti
    - MD (2 pairs) Markis/Hendra ; Luluk/Alvent
    - WD (1 pair) Vita Marissa/Greysia Polii
    - XD (1 pair) Nova/Lilyana

*Draw of Malaysia SS will be held today 09/01/07 03.00pm (MAS time) base on BWF's website.

18. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    Well, I doubt they can make it.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Appreciate for doing that..

..before i forget, thanks again for doing that for us, babonimut-;):cool:

20. event

event Regular Member

This article seems more recent but it excludes Joko/Hendra from the lineup. They are in both the other article posted here and on the draw posted on the BWF website.