INA squad for Sudirman Cup 2013

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2013' started by miksss, Apr 1, 2013.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well then the KOR and INA WD are cheaters as well....also, the system at the OG was incredibly stupid.
    But tbh, Denmark's WD has only very, very slim chances of beating the Chinese....they're way too weak in defense and their attack is not as penetrating against them as it usually is.
    MD, they have a good chance, although LQL/QZH have a good H2H against BoMo, while China really is the favorite in the XD.

2. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Well, Towi/Lilyana can beat them up. And they always have a problem against the Denmark Pairs.
    Korea Vs China tomorrow will be pretty interesting.

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Proud of INA team.. eventhough they lost, they lost with respect. Or in indonesian "Kalah terhormat" :D

If we have better draw, we might simply see INA vs CHN in Final.. not in QF..

just wait the revival of INA badminton.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i'm really at lost here, when did i said all these?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The official H2H for Fischer-Nielsen/Pedersen vs Xu/Ma is 3-4 and vs Zhang/Zhao is 6-5.

6. sen

sen Regular Member

I think most of INA fans think too highly. There are many strong teams now and INA only strength is XD and MD. That still not that far ahead of other countries.

If they meet a strong team other than China, they could lose too as the current weakness in singles player and WD.

So still a long way to go but good improvement anyway

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Welcome on board BC :)
    pls check this section: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/113-Badminton-Tournament-Video-Sharing ==> the right place to seek & ask for any particular video!
    and bwf's tube channel may possibly be made available few days after the match (or at the worst case, after the end of the tournament)

8. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

hehehe... dear my fellow countrymen

Let's not waste our time for endless debates.

Beside, the new rulings and policies applied by the new PBSI has begun only for several months, and we have seen lots of improvement and development of our national players

Many opportunities to come in the upcoming months, and hopefully our prospective players can put their name as champions.

:D

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what really annoying me is when people mention those incidents at the OLY 2012 they always forgot to mention Japan that play to lost against Taiwan thus keep India out of the final stage and ended up with a loser (sorry, SILVER) medal!

10. RiverGrande

RiverGrande Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, it's good to see Indonesia can steal point from China, but don't happy too much. Indonesia only rely on XD and MD and everyone already predicted it, their singles department + WD is too weak and they must improve it immediately if they want to win TUC & SC. Glad to see one of badminton powerhouses back to the spotlight :D

11. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Okay. Here is to refresh you

First there was this post
    Then you quote the post above and posted these two
    From your post above you simply deny the INA SC team as a strong team (red lines) and you brought the fact that their head to head record against CHN is poor that's why you said INA team is not strong (blue lines)

Although if you red carefully the post by dan92 was pointed to current INA SC team to be said strong (yellow lines)

Sorry if my conclusion is not right. If it's not right then I want to know what exactly you want to say anyway. Thank you

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

ok, now i got you, i think.

i don't think INA has a chance to beat China in the next SC as the original post suggested;
    1) after their worst performance in the SC, and
    2) i can't see where the 3rd point needed to win a match come from.

secondly, how can you say a team is strong when they just lost 8 out of 10 matches within a couple of days?

you can't say you're strong because you lost 'better' than others.

a better result doesn't always means a better team.
    i don't even believe this team is better than or even close to INA's team 4-6 years ago.

13. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

@ AlanY: yo, the group stage match does not really count. Since, Indonesia was testing the air.( putting Rijal/Debby, and scratch pair in MD) shows that they are not intending to win that match.

The QF final match is when Indonesia played the best team.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Of course the match counts. You can't half-ass things and afterwards say "Hey I wasn't serious. Actually I'm stronger than you.". Every match in competition counts.

15. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Owhhh sorry I'm the one who misread your statement.
    Okay I got your point now.

We just so happy that our INA team can steal 2 games from the superpower CHN team because even when our lineup players are more experience and have better ranks it's so hard to take just one game from CHN. And based on the results on TC, UC, SC, Olympic, WC and SS in recent years, many has almost loose hope in INA badminton except the die hard fans like in this forum :D
    But today performance give a glimmer of hope to INA badminton that we still has a chance and will bounce back. Although the players in this SC team has much less experience and much lower ranked compare to the team 4-6 years ago, they have prove their spirit and effort to stand with the mighty CHN team and not to taken down easily. That made us realise that we still have a strong team enough to compete in the league. It might not be stronger compare to the past but they prove that they stronge enough. That's my opinion about this year INA SC team !! On the prospect to beat CHN in the next SC ?? Well we already won 2. Then we just need one other sector to get strong enough to but CHN aren't we ? Who knows what will happen in the nest 2 years ???
    You may disagree but that's all my opinion.
    Okay Allan, nice to have talk to you anyway :)

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

1) It's the luck of the draw. INA could have gotten to the Finals too if they don't get china in the QF match.

2) It is slim indeed. Many was hoping Linda can sprung a surpise, but I actually was hoping Butet can tilt the WD game a bit. The 2nd set was quite close.

As mentioned earlier INA doesn't field their top lineup in the group match, so who on the right mind will use it to gauge one team's strength?

Let's put it this way. INA has good chances beating any of the 3 other team in the SF. China is the only team that just above everybody else.

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

to cement my earlier comment; quote from badzine

http://www.badzine.net/news/sudirman-cup-qf-–-close-call-for-china/25641/

Nevertheless, Li Yongbo said, “It’s nothing big to let someone else win it for once. We’ve gotten it so many times, and probably we would just feel indifferent if we win it again this time. As long as the spectators get to enjoy good matches, it’s fine.”

do you honestly believe this?
    i don't

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    At least winning 3-2 instead of 3-0 is good for badminton. If CHN kept beating everyone 5-0 or 3-0, who is going to watch badminton again? It's still a long way for INA to be able to beat CHN, but hope INA can train some more talented MS and WD players to give CHN an even better fight in the next Sudirman Cup.

19. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Well, I said now CHN not really dominant as the few years, means few years ago incl.that you inform Olympic Games, TC, UC, and any major tournament champions. At the moment, some players could beat CHN, mainly in WS and WD. In the other hand, we also see the progress of INA players in few tournaments before SC, such as Linda beat WYH or Gebby/Tiara beat Ma Jin/Tang Jinhua that they never did before. However, in SC, INA players showed their good fighting spirit and also showed that they also have capability into same level as CHN players, and I am proud with them.

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

C'Mon Cai Yun.
    Cai Yun, much calmer at the press conference then added, “Perhaps we’ve gotten too many titles, and the spectators are tired of that. That’s why things were going against us today. However, that’s normal. It could work as a test to the younger players in our team.

You just got beat by younger pair. You and FHF really look tired, confused in the 3rd set and unable to defend barrage of continuous smashes. You just got smacked! Please admit to that. Your time is up.

#140 indrg, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013