INA Framework Team for Thomas/Uber Cup Preliminaries

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup 2010 Preliminaries' started by bennydut, Jan 15, 2010.

1. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    my prediction is:
    2010, Kualalumpur-Malaysia
    TC, CHN beat DEN, 3-0
    UC, CHN beat KOR, 3-0

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Will it be deja vu all over again in M'sia??..

..10 yrs ago...Will the INA TC squad for some miraculous reason pull another one off in M'sia??..:confused:

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Looks like only a miracle to repeat winning score 3-0 over title-holder CHN:eek:
    Even INA Thomas team failed to reach grand final in last three editions (2004, 2006, 2008):crying:

Uber Cup, big possible scenario that CHN will meet KOR in final
    Thomas Cup, really hard to predict as five contenders have quite same chance to win TC...CHN-KOR-INA-DEN and the host Malaysia.

4. sen

sen Regular Member

3-0 is impossible but 3-2 is possible.

The chance to win is CHN 50 : INA 20 : DEN 10 : MAS 10 : KOR 10 : the rest 0

Denmark as always a strong candidate but the players are brilliant individual players than team players. Malaysia has some chance as host but 2nd and 3rd singles are quite weak and need a surprising second double combination. Korea now is not as strong as 2 years ago.

China is the favourite but Indonesia can pull an upset(just a hunch)

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Errr... no, you must be kidding. INA can pull an upset?? Wishful thinking at best :rolleyes:

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm..

..barring any major injury(ies) to CHN squad, i think you meant "4 contenders have quite same chance to win TC??"..;)

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, CHN team is still the front-runner and strong fave to defend TC in this edition...compared with others.

8. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    i think the chance would be
    CHN 40% (they're all strong in 3 MS and 1 MD)
    INA 20% (they have well known 3 MS hope able to spring surprise over CHN; and pretty strong 1 MD)
    DEN 10% (same condition with INA if Lars/Jonas will join)
    MAL 20% (only have 1 MS strong and 1 MD strong...need to work hard to even reach the grand final; but home advantages)
    KOR 10% (no superb MS, even Park is kinda unstable and absolutely rely on the MD which is superb.as long as LYD recovered...but KOR had a good record in team event)
    -------------
    anybody pliss remind me who's the member of INA TC team when they demolished CHN 3-0 and MAL 3-2 above :
    2000, Kualalumpur-Malaysia
    Thomas Cup (TC), INA beat CHN, 3-0
    and
    2002, Guangzhou-China
    TC, INA beat MAS, 3-2 >>> if not mistaken..MAL defeated CHN 3-2 in semifinal right ? CHN was seeded 1st that time..hmmm...surprise

9. sen

sen Regular Member

memories are short. I could not remember 2002 too but there is a page

http://www.dillesport.dk/sportspc/tu2002/thomas-finale-ina-mas.html

If not mistaken, Hafiz Hashim was the hero when Malaysia beat China in semi-final. He is not fit to play in final so Lee TS and Roslin are playing. Lee TS surprise win over Taufik is not enough.

Individual ranking at that time, I think Indonesia was not that good, especially in singles. Only Chandra/Sigit is top rank in doubles.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Psstt..

take a peek here:
    2000 Thomas Cup:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Thomas_&_Uber_Cup
    2002 Thomas Cup (IBF was using that odd 7 pts/game system):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5766

#70 ctjcad, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  11. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    wawwwww..thanks for the info...
    those were the great of INA badminton...even seeded below CHN (or maybe MAS too) but INA team can grabbed the champ.
    and 2000 edition was surely even greater...INA TC team seemed very very strong.
    can the glory repeat this year... (hope hope hope)
    oiya still any possibilities of upsets, maybe MAS can defeat CHN again this year..
    seeded 1st doesnt guaranty will win the trophy right ??? hihihiiiii...
    my prediction...KOR uber cup may bring surprise and hope INA TC also..

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

February 11, 2010

Indonesia's Finest Badminton Players Come Together

Two weeks after the members were announced, Indonesia's entire Thomas Cup squad practiced together for the first time on Wednesday.

The team, which consists of 10 players, has been training at the Indonesian Badminton Association’s (PBSI) national camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta, since early January, but only the national team shuttlers were there.

Professional players Taufik Hidayat and Alvent Yulianto Chandra joined the camp after the Malaysia Open Super Series, which ended on Jan. 24. However, men’s doubles shuttlers Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan were nowhere in sight.

Taufik urged the team to train together in Cipayung, saying a squad’s chemistry is crucial in a team championship such as the Thomas Cup. But Markis and Hendra, who withdrew from the national camp in early January, could only join their teammates on Wednesday.

“We were waiting for the PBSI’s official approval of our withdrawal from the national team because we wanted our status to be cleared before we joined the Thomas Cup team,” Markis, 25, told state-run news agency Antara on Tuesday. “We got the letter of approval on Monday, so now we’ll go to the camp.”

Since leaving Cipayung, Markis and Hendra have trained at Gemilang Sports Hall in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta.

“It’s good to be back [in Cipayung] and practice with the team,” Markis told the Jakarta Globe on Wednesday.

Taufik said he was glad all matters had been resolved so the team could concentrate on training for the Asian qualifying rounds in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, on Feb. 21-28.

Other national shuttlers echoed Taufik’s call for unity.

“It's nice to have [Markis and Hendra] with us again. It gives me more strength to face the event,” said doubles player Rian Sukmawan who will make his Thomas Cup debut with partner Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki.

Men’s singles coach Agus Dwi Santoso hoped the presence of veteran shuttlers, especially 2000 and 2002 winner Taufik, would bring more inspiration to the younger team members.

The Badminton World Federation announced the Asian qualifying seedings on Tuesday, with Indonesia receiving top spot in the men’s draw. Japan is second, followed by India and Taiwan. Indonesia’s Uber Cup squad was seeded third behind Korea and Japan.
    The 2010 Thomas and Uber Cup finals will be held in Kuala Lumpur from May 9 to 16.

*theJakartaGlobe.com link -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/indonesias-finest-badminton-players-come-together/357975
    *ANTARA Foto link about INA Thomas team preparation for Thomas Cup Qualifying Round :
    http://www.antarafoto.com/olahraga/v1265792402/menuju-kualifikasi-piala-thomas
    http://www.antarafoto.com/olahraga/v1265792401/kualifikasi-piala-thomas-uber
    http://www.antarafoto.com/olahraga/v1265792405/taufik-perkuat-tim-thomas
    http://www.antarafoto.com/olahraga/v1265792407/kualifikasi-piala-thomas-uber

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

i hope history will repeat itself
    if im not mistaken, china could only manage to win TC 3 times in a row twice from 1986 to 1990, and the second period was from 2004 to 2008. On the other hand, Indonesia has won it 3 times in a row (1958-1964), 4 times in a row (1970-1979), and most recently INA won it 6 times in a row (1992-2002). Just like Brazil in football, you can disregard them whichever way you like but they will always "samba" you :)

14. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    yayyyy...i can smell the thomas cup be brought back to Indonesia...hihiiiiii....
    i think this year is the momentum..
    we have 3 equally strong MS and 1 undoubtly well known MD...
    CHN is the strongest this moment but, no one guarantee CHN will be the winner right...
    good luckkk....

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

For INA glorious to win Thomas Cup (13x), don't forget 1984 edition.
    In 1992, Malaysia team won it not INA.
    In period 1994-2002, INA grabbed TC 5 times in a row.

16. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    well, i tot MAS never won any singles of TC; UC; WC nor OG ??

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hahahaha
    if we never win thomas cup
    that is the bigest failure;)

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hmm, you must see the past result of Thomas Cup through BWF website;)
    For 1992 edition, I watched on TV and remember exactly MAS team beat hot-fave CHN at semifinal and INA in finale with same score 3-2.

19. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    ya limsyy so sorry.
    i tot MAS won none of those big event, oiya what bout Sudirman cup ?
    cuould u plz remind me, how many time MAS won TC ?? and whom they beat that time?/

well... sumthings is bothering me..what is actually goin on with Badminton MAS ??
    they always produce world top badminton players every years and every decade..MAS has lots of money to hire the best coaches...but why they still cant win Olympic/Uber or even the World cup that held every year.. ??
    and Hafis is the only one i remembered got the All England...
    so sorry about that.
    why why why ??

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    malaysia won 5 tc

for other question
    u might need ours prof p to answer;)