ina champs welcomed and rewarded 100 millions rupiahs each by PBSI

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by taufik-ist, Aug 20, 2007.

1. thiery

thiery Regular Member

well.....i hope that will never happen...no clean sweep please.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    no way Indonesia will get 4 gold.
    MS: LD seems to have it quite solidly in his grip ,and besides, its his home ground.
    MD: CY FHF/ KKK TBH are still favourites - this time, I think there wouldn't be such big an upset - lets face it, MK HS only won because both teams were upsetted by other teams.
    WS: ZN/XXF/ZL favourites
    WD: No question even about this. LYB girl's will dominate.
    XD: Only event where I think INA has chance...

3. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

excuses...
    this is only the WC, if FHF/CY and KKK/TBH can't maintain their compoosure and pressure to themselves, how else can they do it in the olympics???
    also, upset in each tournament is inevitable... you want an ideal competition where all the higher seeds will meet in the final round and battle it out to see who really is the gretest? nonsense, all badminton fans know that it's rare for people who has #1,2,3,4 seeds to even make it to the semis... upsets loom in their way, you can't give that as an excuse...

if i were them, strengthen their psychological sense... it is something that will make the difference come OG 08....

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In this case...LD won WC because Sony is not 100% free from injury yet and TH lost to Anup because he enjoyed so much for his fatherhood.....
    You see that INA fans never make excuses despite Sony lost to LD and TH lost to Anup...we accepted it as LD was better player....
    Next year..who knows that CY/FHF's performance can be down as well as KKK/TBH...you will never know as this WC jst proved it....dont count the chicken before they hatch!!! even LD said that he was not sure that he will win next OG...

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think the possibility of INA winning MS and MD is there....but for XD...if INA play Butet/Marrissa in WD...its going to be difficult...to play two event for these girls in Olympic....08... for me INA has good chances in 3 golds if they dont play Butet/Vita in WD.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Agree with jasonmarc, no need for INA XD female players to play WD. Concentration on one event is best. Maybe part of the reason the ENG XD failed was because the girls were still playing WD.

Besides, INA has a few more WD pairs, why not develop them?

7. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

the next year's olympics will be an interesting one... atleast it wouldn't be something like TH toying with boonsak and shon seung mo in the SF and Finals... i hope... haha

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i was just saying the likeliness of INA claiming 4 titles is very remote, and I listed potential candidates.
    hmm... im sure making lots of enemies here! LD himself also said that he was lucky that LCW and TH lost in early rounds. I am not predicting anything - I'm just saying that winning 4 gold medals, which no country has managed before methinks, is highly highly improbable. Wouldn't you agree?

9. thiery

thiery Regular Member

when it comes to reward...malaysia is no competition. you get millions if you become a world champion. A commonwealth gold medal worth RM80000 (approcimately $23000). then you will receive more money from the state government. Our money-minded youngsters badminton players are definitely motivated to play in Commonwealth which is going to be held in India 2010. ^_^ RM80000 is like winning three Super Series. WOW. Furthermore, Commonwealth is no way as competitive as Super Series.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    4? Why not 5 golds!

I would say realistically 1 gold out of the 4 categories [except WS]
    getting 2 golds is a blessing and we all should be joyful...
    getting 4 golds is a possible dream...
    Now getting 5 golds is the highly improbable dream... :D

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The 4 world champions should be..

..rewarded more than what they received 2 yrs ago (2005), esp. for Nova & Lilyana...
    ..realistically, after this WC, the player i'm counting on for next yr will be Sony instead of Taufik...Who knows where will Taufik's mind will be come next yr? in the Olympics? Remember what he "promised" prior to this WC and what happened??..:confused::rolleyes:

*Thanks, abedeng, for helping out with the translation:). Btw, in the Jawa Pos article today, aside from the same report, it also mentioned that PBSI is cash strapped/running out of funds. Thus Bang Yos(Sutiyoso) wants an additional Rp. 250 Milliar or ($2,500,000) added from the government to help PBSI achieve that goal in the Olympics, as well as the upcoming Thomas & Uber Cups in Jakarta. Of course, part of that money will go to his own pocket..:eek::p

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    $2,500,000 = 25 milliar rupiah :p

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, u sure have a short memory.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LD was being humble, as oppose to arrogant as some ppl makes him to be.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for rectifying..

..that number:D:p..I knew i had left an extra zero in there, in my previous post..:p

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    taufik-ist, Chris is now paid in USD, unlike you, he can't be a millionaire anymore ....:D:p

17. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Guys I dun think Ina targeted 4th gold would come from WD

Here is the targeted gold:

1 MS
    2 MD
    3 XD
    4 The Men's group game (if there are any...u know we have it during the asian games didn't we)

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Olympics, not SEA Games

Hi kido, we have not heard from you for a while... :) Good to have you back.

As for the 4 golds that Pak Sutijoso mentioned, that's for the Olympics. So, there is no Men's Team event.

If he was talking about the SEA Games, then he should target more than 4 golds... Even Maria Kristin and Firda has a shot at winning the SEA Games gold... :p and our Women's Team too... ;) So maybe his target for the SEA Games should be 7 golds... :D [Of course MAS, SIN, THA, and even VIE will try to spoil his lofty targets...] In the SEA Games, it was quite common for KONI to complain that PBSI "only" delivered 3 Golds for INA... :p

19. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    4 gold?

It's good enough, if Indo can win 1 gold in Beijing. His comment is reflecting how stupid the Indonesian officials are.

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I know... :eek: :eek: :eek: And this current PBSI [Indonesian Badminton Association] head will run for President of Republik Indonesia in 2009... :eek: :eek: :eek: He is serious about this! He kept saying that SBY -our current President- was only his subordinate in the military chain of command a few years ago. If SBY can be President, so can he... :eek: