In what order to coach a beginner?

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by Athelete1234, Aug 9, 2008.

1. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yes they looked really good.

Now I can see that you have clevereley chosen each target area for the kids to work on :D.

:D

A lot different to my drills , we do much more combined movements but I liked your ones more :D

In a few years time we hope to see them representing denmark :D

2. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

This is interesting because it is a bit different than what I'm used to. It looks like your objective is to develop racquet control, touch and quick footwork - is this correct? Most 5-10 year old kids have trouble clearing the shuttle because they have short arms and less developed coordination, I suppose not having them hit power shots from the back at a young age keeps them more relaxed when they do start hitting.

I see that your kids have very nice touch at the net. Do you teach them all to spin the shuttle by sweeping the arm towards the outside of the court, or do some spin it the opposite direction? Also, when do you start introducing trick shots? I see that in some videos you are showing them how to execute them, whereas here we mostly learn how to do tricks on our own (outside of badminton practice with out coach).

3. neavalmi0421

neavalmi0421 Regular Member

New Product Development
    Hello to all ,

I am not a coach but i would like to know what about for a beginner who is an adult of around in his/her 20s or 30s and only wants to learn badminton for recreational? How to start the training for such? I can see some varsity players teaching to adults like the way they were trained, i believe that the adult person being trained is not comfortable doing such exercises or shuttle runs... is there a more enjoyable way of training methods?

4. Pet shop boy

Pet shop boy Regular Member

designer
    Coaching beginners new to badminton must be fun.There are almost 16 basic fundamental stroke to teach... it's going to take quite a while to master it... so no need to rush.
    1. Proper grip.
    2.Footwork- 6 spots
    3.Strokes: Lobbing, Punching, Smashing, Driving, Dropping.
    Lifting, Netting, Defending, Tabbing, Sevice and return of service.

and most important, you must be able to enjoy during coaching.
    These are some of my personal views.... we might be able to encourage each other.