I'll Pay For Your OCBC Membership Fees !

Discussion in 'Orange County Badminton Club ( OCBC )' started by jaykrao, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaykrao

jaykrao Regular Member

Self-Employed
    I am willing to cover 50%-100% of your OCBC monthly fees in exchange for you commiting to playing 3-4 times a week with me. I am open to a male or female player but prefer female because I'm interested in playing mixed doubles in the future more than mens' doubles...but either way is fine.

I am an average player but willing to work very hard and dedicate myself to improving my game and hopefully enter amateur tournaments by myself and with you as a partner in doubles at some point. I love the workout that a vigorous game of badminton provides. I am 5' 11", 175 pounds, athletic/slim body. You can see my pic on this site. I have only played recreationally before but am looking forward to joining OCBC and playing regularly to improve every aspect of my game. I have a huge determination to be the best player I can be and willing to work hard at that.

I don't have time and patience to find different people to play with and worry about scheduling with them throughout the week. That's why I decided to find someone to play with regularly and basically pay their 50-100% of their monthly OCBC fees (hopefully that'll entice some of you !) :) I'll explain more about the 50-100% later when you email me.

You should be available 1-2 times a week during the week after 5-6 p.m. for 1.5 hours of play and 2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday (any time on the weekend). We both need to be flexible as things may come up for either of us but I would like us to really try and keep our schedule. Therefore, determination and dedication is what is needed from both sides.

If you are interested, please email me with your age, ***, height, weight, playing level ( below average, average, better than average, really good ), how many days a week you'd like to play, what days/times you are available, and a pic. I will respond ASAP. I'm only looking for one person to play with....but it needs to be the RIGHT person...so I'm going to take my time.

You must be similar to me - ie, you must be athletic, in shape, competitive-minded, intermediate level or better, play with a focus and intensity. You must also be willing to give me tips to improve my game so that I can be a better challenger for you as well. I'm looking for someone who wants to work hard to improve their game as well. You must be the type of person who plays hard to win but welcomes losses as it makes you more determined and provides you motivation.

If I find the right person, I'm looking to having a lot of fun on the court both in singles play with you as well as playing doubles with you.

If you are also looking for someone steady and regular to play with often at OCBC, please email me right away !!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Jay

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

sounds a bit like a personal dating ad.

3. jaykrao

jaykrao Regular Member

Self-Employed
    LOL ! I never thought anyone would take it that way...but I can see where you're coming from. Anyhow, to everyone....this is absolutely, positively not a dating ad. In fact, if you want to be a partner at OCBC without me having to pay anything...that'd be great !!!!

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i would absolutely love to play with you but unfortunately i don't live anywhere near OCBC (which i assume is in the US)

edit:
    and yes! its actually in the US.

edit2:
    btw, isn't there a film called Orange County?

5. badshuttler

badshuttler Regular Member

hey i'd actually like to partner up with you, But i go to ucla so iono if i want to drive to ocbc all the time especially in that time period... traffic sucks at that time... but email me at vietchinksoldier@hotmail.com and we'll see what we can work out.

6. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    yes search iMDB, jack black is in it:)

7. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

That sounds quite attractive, would you foot the air flight from Canada

8. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    ahaha you beat me to asking him! ahaha...definately if you're a pretty decent level in Canada, you should be pretty moderate in US as well...

9. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

I'm not bad, I can play all three, s,db,mx.
    Do you play in the RA tournaments?
    Still waiting for a reply from Jay.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thread closed at request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.