if am not mistaken....

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by badplayer2004, Apr 20, 2005.

1. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

after watching and impressed by MD fu and cai beat paaske/rasmussen in the all england, i notice they also did well with the only other 2 tournaments they joined this year (won the german open and 3rd place in the japan open)

they attend only the above 3 tournaments i think they didnt join the other tournaments this year like korean open,swiss open,thai open

could they be the current strongest men's doubles this year?

on the other hand...you are only as good as your last game.... :)

#1 badplayer2004, Apr 20, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Cai/Fu probably one of the strongest doubles pair right now beside The Danish and Indonesia. One of their advantage are they still young and can play 5-7 years of badminton specially Fu.

3. badplayer2004

the speed and tactics at the all england finalis really impressive...lots of flick shots,soft shots than what we regularly expect smashes by both sides

the danes tried/wants to maintain a slower paced game at it..but.the flick hits were deception left and right and front,rear and really fast.....was really an unearthly game......:eek:

#3 badplayer2004, Apr 20, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    And the reason they went out in the semis in Japan is because they withdrew from the match. I feel that if they were healthy, they would have won Japan as well.

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

In Sudirman Cup 2005, all the best MD will compete against each other even Kim Dong Moon/ Ha Tae Kwon probably play again. Exciting! :cool:

I am hoping our TV broadcast the Cup Live. Usually they broadcast starting from the SF and then Final. But I am hoping they will broadcast the matches in Group 1A too. :)

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Cai/Fu may look strong this year. However they still haven't face any Msian tops doubles recently. If i'm not mistaken.. they didnt really fared well against the msians LEE WW/ CT FOOK. Unfortunately both already separated and down with injury.

#6 ants, Apr 21, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  7. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Like I said before, Cai/Fu is only one of a few strong men doubles pair this year.
    The other strong pairs are from Denmark, Indonesia and Korea .

The reason I didn't include the Malaysians because they didn't do so well this year.

Example:

Koo Kien Kiat / Chan Chong Ming.
    When they first paired up last year, the result is good. 3 events, they got QF, SF and win at Taipei Open. But this year with 5 events they enter, the result is not that good. Only 2 QF at German and Thai Open. Mostly they lost in Round 1 or 2.

Chew Choong Eng/ Choong Ta Fook
    The same as Koo/Chan. The 2 first events they enter last year were very good. Final in China Open and SF in Indonesia . But this year, from 4 events, they only managed a SF at Thai Open. Even in Japan Open they lost to Hong Kong pair in Round 1.

If Malaysians want to compete with other strong MD, they had to step up and play consistently. Otherwise they will be left behind.

Note: Cai/Fu already met Chew/Choong in All England 05 and won in round 2.

8. badplayer2004

the reason i started this thread is what i saw in their level of playing in the all england...they really blew away the top rated danish players.....its like they have reach a new level of playing..i was wondering why they played so few tournaments this year..are they ah..."preserving" themselves for bigger very selected tournaments only? :D

Like they dont want to risk injury especially for the coming sudirman cup for example

as we know really good chinese MDs are few....not enough depth of them like the WS or WD.....

#8 badplayer2004, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  9. badplayer2004

that if they are too impressive this whole year..every competing teams who might noticed will also gear up their tactics and focus on beating them :D

i beleive the coming sudirman cup MD will be one heck of a show for us badminton fanatics :p

#9 badplayer2004, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  10. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

@badplayer2004,

If you check all the Chinese players, they only compete 8-10 events each year. Don't know why. Not only in MD, but also in MS,WS, WD and XD.

Only one exception, for the Olympic year, they will enter as many events as possible to gain ranking points to qualify. Example: In 2003-2004, From 15 events before Olympics, they play about 10-12 events. After Olympic over, they will go back to usual routines, only 8- 10 or 11 events.

11. badplayer2004

china does join in some tournaments but they dont always sent their top players but maybe for the the new youngsters for experience exposure

ok..so they are preserving the top players from injuries still? :)

i notice the top danes are pretty consistent in joining almost all (major/minor)tournaments (maybe except when there's is actual injury).............

#11 badplayer2004, Apr 27, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I am agree with you. The Danes, specially Jens/Martin almost join all the tournaments this year. Not to mention Jens also play XD. How they kept the stability of their stamina is pretty amazing. Probably they can be set as good example that in their age, they still can play very good and still can get titles. (2 titles this year so far)

The other good example is Zhang Ning. She is 30 and still had the stamina and mental to fight others player that 5-10 years younger than her specially her teammates. Not bad for her, from 3 events she got 1 title and 2 runner up.

Other younger players who didn't shine quickly like Lin Dan, Taufik etc, can made Zhang Ning and also Jens/Martin as good role model. They never gave up hope when they didn't make it to the top when they were younger.

They just work hard and play all the best they can. The result, Zhang N started to collect lots of title when she was already 26. And Jens/Martin started to shine when they already in their thirties.

13. badplayer2004

could be ibn the genes...lol..i heard zhang ning in the international competition almost or more than 10 years already...

xia xuan ze he is good but lookes like his peak is already over.........he'd just becoming a ms top 10 line up filler nowadays

or perhaps the danes got better sport injury care/practices...

#13 badplayer2004, Apr 29, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Zhang Ning started her international career the same time as Mia Audina. About 1993 or 1994 if I am not wrong :)

15. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Is she the oldest World Champion?

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I am not sure about World Champion. But she is the oldest Gold medalist in Badminton Women Singles.