I wish for peace in these threads

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by azabaz_ipoh, Dec 3, 2007.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i am singing to myself....imagine all the people...living live in peace...woooo hooooooo....you can say i'm a dreamer.....but i'm not the only one :D

2. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Can we embed your singing in BC forum or send us a copy? So every time when someone gets angry, he/she can readily play the song to soothe feelings before temper flare: BC Anger Management 101 :p.

3. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    :) i am just afraid that after hearing my pitch-challenged voice, the anger will not die down but instead will be redirected to me. :D

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We should agree to disagree amicably

Hi azabaz_ipoh,

You are correct...... :):):)

We know that we are here, in our Discussion Forums, to share our thoughts.

And, we know that other members will think differently.

So, why not agree to disagree amicably?.

Why do we have to fight and to have to bash each other?. :confused::confused::confused:

From Melbourne with Peace... chris@ccc
    :):):)

#24 chris-ccc, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    ultimate win and glory.............:)

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Beautiful Dreamer ............:)
    (a song perhaps more suitable to those who can sing high notes)

Oh on disused tin mines, we have something similar here.
    Our small island, Pulau Ubin, used to have quarries, maybe for mining of granite, but once they were exhausted they were left unattended. There is one big one there which provides such a scenic and serene picture, with its huge pond, natural rocks, trees and greenery that it has attracted picnickers and hikers to enjoy and relax there.

#26 Loh, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In theory it is so simple but the devil is in the practice. Can we say that there will be no wars, which are the very opposite of peace? Maybe it is in our genes. Why we war maybe be the reason why we survive and keep evolving to stay on top of the food chain. Humans need genetic mutation to move forward. Maybe, perpectual peace means no such mutation, which means the end of the human race. Food for thought, don't you agree?

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I suppose man has to change his circumstances if he wants to continue to survive well into the future. In that sense man will always want to seek for something better in all his endeavours, to conquer his obstacles, otherwise he may become extinct.

Thankfully man has a brain much superior to other animals. Thus far man has not gone out of control yet and become stupid enough to kill their own kind just because he wants to be better. Yes we still have wars, but in general they have not come to a stage where they threaten the lives of all mankind.

If man has that power to kill all his enemies, man on earth could become extinct too. :(

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Small sacrifice for a big cause. It should worth your effort, besides who could get angry with a gentleperson’s voice :rolleyes:

What do you guys think of my idea? Having a folder (thread) handy with photos, sounds, videos, etc. contributed by BC members to help restore mutual understanding and harmony among BCers. My kid’s school teacher carries in her backpack envelops addressed to each child, in which a photo and a message from home, in the event of disasters for kids to calm down. When people get into heated exchanges, things can get uglier by the minute. Sometimes people can be irrationalized like a child. Reviewing the items in the folder can pause the firework, muster big family feeling, restore confidence, and refocus our attention, instead of veering off further and getting personal. The review is voluntary for exchanges with rising temperature. It can serve as "auto-moderator" since by the time moderators step in to intervene, it's usually either already late or too late to put off the fire, requiring more drastic efforts :confused:

BTW, taneepak, your thoughts are fine for the human race in evolution to survive and compete. But we are here talking about fostering a common interest and goal for playing badminton. As azabaz_ipoh had asked for is a big family unity for the common good. Fighting with each other among BCers will not further that cause and the wellbeing of BC. We should combine our energy in the fight to improve and promote badminton instead :D

Loh, your thoughts are very correct, right on target :eek:

10. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    indeed, we are creatures of discontent. but i think wars are what will reverse our evolution. from human being who hunt for food to live to human beings who hunt human beings for material cause. we are thinking like animals if war is the only way we could think of to resolve problems among us. but i agree that the devil is in the practice. human have flaws they want to correct but sometimes wanting and succeeding are two very different things.

i think man has gone out of control before. remember ethnic cleansing? and wars threathen lives even if it is not our own. war torn countries have death and suffering.:crying:

11. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    you rock birdwood!!!!!! :D :D :D

12. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    That was actually pretty clichèd. ;)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes, that was most unforgettable and unfortunate. But they survived because mankind as a whole thought they are doing the wrong thing and outside help interceded and saved the situation.

Within themselves they sometimes could not see the dangers because they were filled with hatred. That's why 'more heads are better than one' in this case with a neutral world organizations like the UN to provide help and solutions.

As stated, from time to time, man will continue to fight amongst themselves in order to "survive", at least that's what they think whether rightly or wrongly. Innocent lives will be taken but thankfully, the more enlightened will come to the rescue, hopefully not too late.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Humans, like all living things, are genetically programmed to survive and evolve. This is despite countless wars, ethnic cleansing, religious wars, etc. When attacked by an unknown enemy the human species, even without modern science or technology, will overcome the enemy (say a monster virus or bacterial even worse than aids) eventually. This is because the genes in us will evolve to overcome the enemy after some initial disaster. Only a natural disaster like the explosion or death of our sun, can wipe us out.
    Of course I am not advocating a free-for-all in this forum that will end in a premature end to any discussion. Neither am I advocating a "yes man" to any discussion. The best discussion will have a point of opinion, another with a counter opinion, and a vigorous debate and exchange of views, perspectives, etc. Moderators should moderate only when necessary such as when personal attacks are mounted, but should be neutral and if possible not have any input other than as moderators.

15. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    ..that have five permanent members with veto powers...

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    ...thankfully again that they are not all from the same camp...:)

17. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    ... leading to problems such as disagreement on what course to take during crises due to political interest and ideology...

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    ...imagine if they all agree on attacking Iran...or sending superior troops to oust the Myanmar military regime...:confused:

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    We have, er, an abundance of mutants :cool:
    Occasionally, one is spotted and banished by the moderators :D

20. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

I see this thread heading into the wrong direction....