I get headaches just thinking about Hafiz-Misbun

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by xymaerts, Jul 19, 2007.

1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Badminton: Hafiz makes an early exit
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: National number two Mohd Hafiz Hashim suffered a big blow to his morale ahead of the World Championships next month. He was beaten by a Russian shuttler in the second round of the Philippines Open in Manila yesterday.
    Hafiz, who was the defending champion, squandered a 20-16 lead in the second game and went down to a 21-13, 21-23, 13-21 defeat by Stanislav Pukhov.
    With the defeat, Hafiz will suffer a further slide in the world rankings from number 13 and he can forget about getting a seeding for the World Championships, which will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from Aug 13-19.
    Second seed Lee Chong Wei, Chan Kwong Beng, Sairul Amar Ayob and Lee Tsuen Seng won their second round matches. But only Chong Wei advanced with a 21-12, 21-16 win over England’s Andrew Smith in the third round and he will play against China’s Gong Weijie today for a place in the semi-finals.
    Hafiz was not the only major casualty in yesterday’s action. Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia and China’s Bao Chunlai were also shown the exit.
    Vietnamese Tien Minh Nguyen beat Taufik 21-18, 21-13 in the second round while Chunlai was sent packing in the third round by Singaporean Ronald Susilo, losing 14-21, 8-21.
    After seeing Hafiz dish out another poor performance, coach Misbun Sidek said that he had lowered his expectations on the player for the World Championships.
    “I get headaches just thinking about Hafiz. He led 20-16 but lost ... he was over confident. The Russian gained confidence in the rubber game and Hafiz simply could not turn the game around,” said Misbun in a telephone interview from Manila.
    “I am really upset with Hafiz. I am trying my best to help him but he is not helping himself. He is not injured and his physical condition is good. The world meet is just around the corner and, based on his current form, I am not expecting anything from him in the championships.”
    In the men’s doubles, top seeds Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong are the only Malaysian pair left in contention for the title. They scored a convincing 21-8, 21-14 win over Denmark’s Rasmus Mangor Andersen-Peter Buur Steffensen in the second round and will take on Indonesians Rian Sukmawan-Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki in the quarter-finals.

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

hafiz is just too lazy. There is nth misbun can do about....

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    wow, if even misbun looks like giving up on hafiz, i dont think the rest of malaysia will have anymore faith in him. he has been in a terrible slump for so long. maybe someone should brainwash him and get him to think about winning again and not just participating for the sake of it. i want to have faith in him, i really do. :(

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Mishun is having headache? OK... roger... I'll buy a box of panadols for him :D

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya.. a red one. Misbun needs 1000 mg paracethamol :D :D

6. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

In what year Hafiz won the AE Championship? Year 2004 rite? He is slump after that. 3 years.. man.. how long more can u wait.. i think he is hopeless.. maybe he need to find others job..

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I think Hafiz is 2003 AE winner. His morale is continuously decreasing...

8. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

2003? Worst still !!

9. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

A countless of motivation class/camp they had attended. Just recently they had one in Sarawak or Sabah(not sure) for MS. And MD Rexy brought them Melaka... But, what Hafiz learn from these camp. An "egg"! Zero !! Nothing at all.. He is really in Big trouble !!!

10. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

hafiz is disappointing....his place shub be replaced by arif abdul latif

11. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    two words, time's up....

As much as Hafiz is good potentially, he always bombs up during tournaments... Good player, but time is running out...

12. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

out you go....out out out..........but then no more malay single players adee....all dominated by chinese

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

and..never hit the bottom...and never rebounce....:mad:.....or maybe he is trying to learn from TH...just to concentrate for the big tournament like WC07....he will shine...dont worry...he will...........just wait...and wait....wait.....wa....w.....z..z...zzzzzzzzzzzz

#13 jasonmarc, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    HH definitely wont shine at ALL at WC07.. Trust me... He will probably suffer another early round exists to an lesser known players !

15. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

there's nothing to worry about
    there are still many other youngsters i.e. TCS, CKB, Arif....doing better n better.....
    for Hafiz, at least he won the 2003 AE championship, better than nothing to those other players like LTS, Yogan...KBH.... n even PEI WEI CHUNG (in fact i don't know why he participated almost all tournaments but NEVER REACHED THE 2ND ROUND.....)

16. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    When Hafiz was good....

I laughed when i read about the headache part... :p

Someone sent me this clip of Hafiz... call him whatever now.. but, geez.. he was good then. I won't say he's a bad player.. but.. guess there's something bothering him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1aGxMRE-s

For those who didn't know, that song at the background is called 'Standing in the Eyes of the World' by Ella (Malaysian Rock Queen) - song written esp for Commonwealth Games 1998. Very good lyrics. For those who dunno Malay, here's the English lyrics, which I think is incomplete with some words missing (English version is by David Gates) - after which... you'll be so inspired.. that you want to grab your racquet and go give your best shot... :p

Looking back all the years
    all the sacrifice
    if you wanna be the best
    you've got to pay the price
    learning from the very start
    just how hard you must try
    coz if you don't spread your wings
    then you can't fly

look at where you are today
    did you ever think that you
    would came all this way

# now you're standing in
    the eyes of the world
    only moments somewhere
    from what can be
    theres a passion in the
    hearts of.....
    ever waiting inside to be set free

when the times come
    and your spirit takes ....
    and you reach into your soul and
    leave it with all of your mind

and theres no surprise
    that you're standing in the eyes
    of the world

many had hopes and dreams
    that would not come true
    and all of them left behind
    now they will leaving you
    everyone wants to say
    just the day in the sun
    sometimes theres only ...
    never ever been so near
    now the chance thats finally here

repeat #

and everyone tries
    when you standing in
    the eyes of the world

standing in the
    eyes of the world

17. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I think in times like these, I do prefer taufik-ist, or indra, who are true fans till the end, lose or win, of Taufik Hidayat.

-dave

18. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Haha.. JC, I laughed when reading about that headache thingy too..
    Err, they spelled CHENG Hong instead of Chen Hong in that video..
    After watching the video, people will pity Hafiz even more..

19. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    sigh.. hafiz is simply inconsistent... sometimes he perform well but most of the time he was outbeaten by unknown players... i really think tat he should retire n give away his place to a better n more consistent player.. should give WCH a chance at WC rather then hafiz..

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Actually Hafiz has been quite consistent in term of losing, he hardly advance deep into the round like he used to. They say consistency is good but I hope Hafiz don't continue his consistency trend of losing, so discouraging to his fan and coach.