Hybrid Stringing Revisted

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Daniel2207, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

Hello, all stringers have a question for you guys hope you wouldn't mind answering.

As I am sure your aware Yonex has currently got to 2 hybrid strings ( Aerobite and Aerobite Boost) available to purchase (not sure about other brands as I only use Yonex).

My question was using the concept of having a more durable string for a main and power for the cross can you achieve a similar result of these strings.

The new Aerobite Boost uses

Yellow Mains - Vectran(TM) 0.72mm
    Grey Crosses - Aerosonic 0.61mm
    I am sure there would have been a lot of testing on Yonex part to try and find a perfect string combo.
    However, anyone had any thoughts on this or if they personally do it, as stringers has a player ever come to you an asked for 2 different strings in 1 racket - we could see what fun combos people have tried sure somewhere out there there is an amazing string set up just needs to be found.

For example
    Mains - BG 80 0.68mm
    Crosses - Aerosonic 0.61mm

Just an example as durability on this will be a few hours :D

There is a thread referencing this question (https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/hybrid-stringing-method.13660/) however been so long since it was last posted in thought better to start a new one.

Interested to hear your thoughts ;)

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I personally use hybrid string.
    Main: Yonex Bg80 - 28lbs
    Cross: Gosen G-tone5 - 30lbs

The result is awesome. It holds the tension very well.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member