how to tire your opponent????

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by chrismar, Feb 8, 2007.

1. chrismar

chrismar Regular Member

student
    how can i tire my opponent easily????can you guys give me some suggestion about it???? and some combination on where i can put the shuttlecock to make my opponent get exhausted??? hope you guys can help me /??? thanksss:) :confused:

2. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

try to force them to clear it often as this takes up a lot of energy as well as smashing and also force them to move around the court lots.

3. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    play to all four corners of the court in a random order. so, as an example, maybe drop it to the bottom right, clear/lift to the top left, then top right, bottom right, top left, bottom left etc...

smashing probably isnt the best way to tire out your opponent since it gives him/her time to recover. usually smashes are used to try and end a rally, not to wear your opponent out. also, smashing takes up a lot of your own energy!

4. Crazypeetee246

Crazypeetee246 Regular Member

I think I've seen discussions of this, here is what I remember:

The best shot isn't always the spot farthest away from the opponent. Rather, you should consider places to hit in order to force him/her to change directions. For example, if you cleared to the back right corner, you may be inclined to drop to the left front. However, while running back to the center, your opponent is already running in that direction. If you were to clear it to the back left corner, than while running to the center, your opponent would have to suddenly push off in order to change directions.

5. drop_n_net

drop_n_net Regular Member

Student
    to put it simply, the player with better footwork is usually less tired

6. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Mix clears and drops to all four corners and get them running round.

7. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

play 2 shots at the same place... for example.. u drop he lifts he prepares to save your smash you drop again. another good example is that u push back and back again .. WARNING not too many times.. he will get used to it and u will be in trouble :D

8. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Lots of clears, of course, there's a lot of good advice in this thread.

However, the best thing I was ever told as a player... "the hardest place to go is where you've just been."

So if you repeat corners with attacking shots (sharp clears, sharp drops), you will get them stumbling and tire them out, especially if you play to an opposite corner as they're trying to recover.

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    And build up your own fitness level. =D No use trying to tire your opponent if your fitness level is below his.

I read somewhere on this forum before, make them run straight instead of cross-court, it's harder. For instance, drop to their backhand corner, then clear to the baseline(overhead).

If you're playing against a female... just push her to the baseline all the time. hahaha! Purely not my theory, my teacher cum coach's theory. That is, if her standard isn't that high.

10. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Unfortunately, it's true. A few all clear rallies, and I'm fried as well as the other girl, too.

11. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    steal his lunch :rolleyes:,
    ahaha enough of my lame jokes, what i believe is that make full use of the court size, make him move around more, and take the shuttle as early as possible(if possible before he gets ready for your return) and place it somewhere far from him, that case you dont give him "break time"

12. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    try play patterens for up to 5 or so rallies. something like clear, net, clear, net. or clear, clear, net, clear clear net to the corners. If he does a drop replace clear with lift and if he clears replace net with dropshot accordingly. It can give you focus on what you should be doing and just pretend its a drill. Keep your opponent moving front and back. Just keep repeating the patteren until hopefully he makes a mistake. Clears chould be cross court and nets can be wherever you want, whatever seems most hard for your opponent to return.

this way you wont be too tired and you'll tire him/her out

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmmm..5x or so??..

...for some, they might already be huffing & puffing just by reading & imagining your suggestion..hehe:p :D ;)

#13 ctjcad, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  14. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Try to hit your shots in all the four corners. Frequently do different shots like net shot, net kill, drop shot, clear, drives, smashing etc. For example you hit the a shot to your opponents left center of the court and he/she does a net shot and you could easily do a slice to the right side of his/her court. REMEMBER ONE THING MAKE THEM MOVE!!!

15. h3ytony

h3ytony New Member

Unlike what you might first think (and what i used to think), I think it's more important to be unpredictable than it is to make them run physical distance. It's much much more tiring to be constantly changing direction because you don't know where they are going to hit than it is to run across the court because you know they are going to hit there. So...play random, and to a certain extent "illogical"

Like for example there are fast people who can cover the court because they always return to the middle quickly after each shot. You can make them expend a lot of energy and frustrate them by hitting to the same corner twice in a row.:D

16. Nikchan

Nikchan Regular Member

Student
    as said before in this thread, making them run isnt quite as effective as making them change direction. where ever your opponent is, you should spot him and his position before every shot - you will automatically know where to hit if you are a bit experienced. the best shot is usually right in the opposite direction of his movement.
    and avoid smashing if tryin to tire opponent cos a smash can only mean two things to him - either he can take it easily, means your smash isnt good, or he jus cant take it,your smash is jus too good. its rare for them to be in between. so either way he will relax competely, he will not have to exert himself much. on the other and, if he does take the smash easily you will be the one in trouble.
    ive found that consecutive drops or clears are quite effective, but not too many..

17. Trick_shot

Trick_shot Regular Member

badminton pro
    Best Way To Get Them Tired!!!!

:D I am on the Canadian national team and was on the US but never mind that, By getting your friend- opp.. tired in 1 point in using this method will give you the nex 2 points and kepp on repeading it. They serve, you hit a quick clear to the backhandside of your opp.. you have to hit it high to the end box and high enough to get u into position and whatever he does do the following.

Drop to the left side, then clear to the left side, drop to the right and then repeat it up to the right drop shot will be a right clear then repeat the clear then drop left clear right and the rest drops. i know what your thinking his crazy "I will be so tired if i do all that" well yes you will but you wont have to do much to ein the next couple of points trust me! but try not smashing during the next couple of points..
    Also another great one is if you can return alot like 9/10 of your opponites smashes :D then lift them up alot to the back and if he clears it's a sign of weakness most times so clear again but stay 1 foot back from where u usually poition your selfwhen he starts to do a nother clear after some more smash's/ dropers thenu do some drop shots and clears and by the end of the match this will be u:cool: :p and this will be them :eek: :confused: :( :mad: :crying: !!! have fun and never give UP

18. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    break their legs

i think that it would be both difficult and inflexible to follow such a routine. and what if he smashes? say, he smashes straight from his forehand backcourt, and you're supposed to put the next ball into his backhand forecourt. this means that you have to do a backhand crosscourt return, which might be prone to error.

Another case: if opponent hits onto your forehand backcourt from his forehand backcourt, should you follow the routine mentioned by trick_shot, you'll have to do a straight drop(onto his backhand forecourt). This might not be the best choice as it is often the commonly anticipated shot from someone's forehand backcourt, especially when the player reaches the shuttle late. Your opponent is probably waiting to pounce at the net already.

thus, i think that shot routines cannot be followed too inflexibly. There is no fixed routine guaranteed to win you points. simply because different players have different strengths and weaknesses. So, just give your opponents plenty of directional change. and stretch him across the 4 corners. Directional change meaning you put the shuttle which requires him to spring in the different direction in which he is MOVING(usually towards the base middle). repeated corners is an example of making him change directions.

for me, i think that plenty of deception can often catch your opponent 'on the wrong foot', making them tire a lot faster, or in some cases, produce an outright winner. Another important point is to take the shuttle early, as it not only allows you to stretch your opponent at a faster rate, it also gives you more shot variety, hence making your shots less predictable. Also, like drop_n_net mentioned, the player with better footwork get less tired. So, if you want to tire out your opponent, you should first train up your footwork, otherwise whatever you do will probably tire yourself more. And after you've reached a certain level in footwork, start training on leg power and stamina!:cool:

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker