How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well I understood. Oldhand might not.:)

2. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

No matter how good a coach is, if the player him/her self sucks, there is nothing much the coach can do. But a good coach can bring out the potential of a good player ala motivation, correct training etc. LCW maybe Misbun must obvious success but lets not forget that Misbun manage to guide the Jaguh kampung to win a bronze medal in the 96 Olympic.......... by overcoming his boggieman Heryanto Arbi.

I not saying Misbun is the greatest there is out there but he is certainly is a quality coach

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oldhand oh oldhand:(

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    LCW only came back into the spotlight as one of the top 2 players again in the world after LM retired....and Misbun came back (starting at INA open 2007).

5. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    My friend said that china strategy number ..... (i dont remember all that) are to lose on the first match/point to anylize the openent game so they can win in other point/match .....

6. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Beat the enemy from inside ...
    Thats why LCW force LD to play rally on the last swiss open ....
    LCW really want to win that time since Misbun accompany his wife on the operation...

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    enjoy fren. when someone wins its normal to give credits, like wise if someone looses. ;) Just smack it. ;)

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    That is how it goes.

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I think the reason why LCW is seems so fit is because he uses less energy to move himself around court due to his superior thin frame.

Don't get me wrong, he work his ass off in training and is probably more than 10 times fitter than me but I believe that is what give him advantages over other player. Of course there are trade off, such as he cannot smash as powerful as some of the heavy weight........ like Chen Yu.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW is probably one of the best player that MAS has produced in my opinion, a natural talent that any coach would love to have. While I concur Oldhand previous post on Misbun has merit, but given LCW plays better with less public pressure, Misbun cool and 'tidak apa' style probably suits LCW best. As Jaydee said 'when LCW is pressured, he can't play well'.
    Oldhand's post above should also mention LCW's parent met and produced LCW, bought him a racket and play biride and the rest is history:D:p

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro, what about Eddy Choong, Tan Aik Huang, Ng Boon Bee?

Yes, I agree LCW's parents are the ones who developed LCW, not BAM or its coaches. Just like Nicol Davids, it was her parents who developed and groomed her to what she is today, not the national squash body or NSC. In Malaysia, when it comes to developing world class athletes, the parents are the ones.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You hit it right on the dot.

To say that it was the Sideks who groomed LCW in what he is today is very comical.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Actually, you are right...the above 3 did achieve the majors that Dato has yet to win...it was my oversight when posting...LCW playing style is entertaining and so was Tan Aik Huang whose strokes and technics during that era was just as fascinating amd whom I had watched so many times in Stadium Negara and in SBA Hall in Kampung Atap when I was a young lad, and that was many seasons ago. Not to take anything away from Rudy, Tan Aik Huang who has asthma problem would have done quite well if not for Rudy dominating during that era. Eddy, well was way beyond my times.:D:p

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    This one, is undebatable.
    All we are saying is Misbun is entitled to LCW's won, each time.
    Merely because he's his coach. We did the same to other coaches, why it must be different when it come to Misbun?

15. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Simple cause to some people, anything associate with Malaysia = instant phailure. I mean lets take a look at the comment around.

LCW = pretender, can't win big title, jaguh kampung etc
    Misbun = taking credit from other people achievement, no other success story.
    Yap Kim Hock = fired his ass. the sooner, the better.
    KKK/TBH = Hafiz's succesor

And the list goes on.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm...he cannot say so anymore...bcz lcw sumbat the swiss open title into his mouth...:rolleyes:...

kkk/tbh no longer = hafiz....wr and titles different...;)

17. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Makes no different. Jaguh Kampung mean you can only win titles that are held in Malaysia. Chong Wei already won Demark open in 04, Swiss in 06, France, Japan and Indonesia in 07 but was still label Jaguh Kamapung. So winning the Swiss 09 makes no different cause he a Malaysian

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya...say liao....he set the standard and tot he is the rules...;)...he always tot the sky is smaller than where he stay....

anyway...to stick with the topic....my advice is....lcw must clever than ld...;)

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

This is the problem, When LCW didnt wins title out side Malaysia, they labelled him as 'Jaguh Kampung'.....:)

After LCW won severals titles out side Malaysia, they still want to labelled him as 'Jaguh Kampung' given reasons like never won title out side Malaysia being WR No. 1........:rolleyes:

And now LCW had won title out side Malaysia as WR No. 1 player,....maybe they will call him 'Jaguh Kampung' because LCW never won Major Title as WR No. 1 beside won SSM in KK............;)

and this will never end.....and this also will only make LCW a better player in future as he always have higher targets to achieve...........:p:p:p

20. JWhue

JWhue Regular Member

student
    Sometimes perceptions are hard to change. Anyway, patience is a key in beating Lin Dan. Being smart as limsy is another key too.