How Lee CW Won MO06 (and 04,05)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by doctor_teh, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctor_teh

doctor_teh Regular Member

this is already known fact in some ppl in BAM even b4 the tournament begin. - Malaysia requires a winner and good showing to maintain sponsorship funds. So LCW must win. - this suits the Chinese team very well. By letting LCW win the MO, the image of Village champion can be maintained. Meaning when he go outside, no confidence to win. this had bcome true in Taiwan Open and more importantly, in MAdrid later on.

2. terry

terry Regular Member

Correction...not LIM .. is LEE :)

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Here we go again about letting LCW win the MO. I think the Chinese used the wrong strategy. If Lin Dan had not let LCW in the MO, LCW would have even less confidence later on.

4. block306

block306 Regular Member

What a preposterous proposition!! To achieve what you suggested:

1) BAM & China BA have to collaborate
    2) LD have to agree to give up world #1 ranking, and
    3) LD must be an Oscar-standrad actor to do what he did after the match

Good marks for your imagination.

5. indra

indra Regular Member

The above propositions are invalid, when TH participates.:D
    TH is waiting for LD, LCW, BCL, PG, CH, CJ, KJ and others in MADRID:D

I guess with TH being not in the top ranking, this condition has worried top players ...because he can play TH in early stages...Thus...world ranking is no use for them...it is of use only when TH does not participate in a tourney.:D

So in the upcoming WC, it is very likely that any of the top players will meet TH in the big 32.:D

6. doctor_teh

doctor_teh Regular Member

this is not suggestion and maybe even LCW and his teamates do not know abt it. if u think more deeper abt dis, it only makes good strategy sense. bcos as u know, none of the MAS players have the ability & strength to win anythg noteworthy. But like a chess game, many strategy is make. MAS a) BAM, LCW & the Doubles win, sponsorship maintain/increase. interest in the sport is go up. b) LCW & Doubles get good pocket money c) hopefully, village champ tag can help them in WC-KL next year. CHN a) LD & China BA doesn't give a rat's arse abt the ranking system (who does anyway, when it can chge half-way thru the season?). b) keep LCW as village champion. So LCW/Doubles can be destroyed easily in WC-Madrid, All-England, Olympic-Beijing, etc. c) earn frenship points

7. sweety :D

sweety :D Regular Member

what do u mean by If Lin Dan had not let LCW in the MO ?

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Have to disagree with the good doctor. LCW was having a really really good day on MO 06. LD wasn't doing to bad either.

A well deserved win for LCW, coz LCW beating LD is not inconcievable.

......... but for the law of average, LD still proves to a half a step ahead over LCW.

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I meant "win", not "in".

10. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Have to disagree with doctor too. I think LCW deserves the win. I guess he proved to had improve in his mental strength a little bit more this time. To actually pull off this win, LCW sure had to have some luck involve too I bet. But well, all was going his way that time. But anyway what ever reasons we can come out with or conclusions we make in the end it really doesn't matter much. So I guess just congratulate the wins and learn from the losses.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There it goes again...new members making such insensitive comments which are completely unwarranted!

Who are you to judge whether or not Lin Dan and others do not give their best during the MO...just because they want to win some friendship points. Completely bollocks and without any proof!

And for your information, I am NOT a MALAYSIAN! Having watched LCW a number of times these few weeks, I would have to say that he has really improved over the past 1 year. IT IS NOT EASY for Lin Dan or any top players to beat him now.

There have been a lot of immatured posts lately...

12. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    I have to agree with you BADmania.

13. peace

peace Regular Member

Yes, indeed Badmania. I fully agrre with you.
    HI guys, please stop debating MO 2006 final, useless. LCW has won. That's all. I am not a Malaysian as well. I am also one of LD fans, but I have to give my two thumbs to LCW. He improves a lot, now is not easy to beat him everywhere. So, please be neutral in any comment. IT is normal when we have a player as our idol, but this doesn't mean we have to be really fanatic until we couldn't see the problem clearly. So, please don't post any sensitive comment. Two previous thread discussing this already closed.
    Enjoy badminton game and that's all.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.