Hong Kong Open 2007 : Day 7 (Dec 2nd) Final

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by TH_4_President, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Tomorrow = Lin Dan's 3rd Hong Kong open championship in a row, and in all 3 tournaments, Lin Dan was/will be the one who defeat LCW.:cool:

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Ma Heng!!! LOL! Funny name given by Chinese fans.. :D
    I also believe that Markis/Hendra can win tomorrow! :)

3. Pink_Suika

Pink_Suika Regular Member

Rude-much

FYI...I care...n i'm sure lots of other ppl do too...
    don't make them feel bad for caring
    somehow i find that reli offensive n sexist
    don't underestimate girls bc i'm sure they'd feed u eggs any day

4. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

MS:
    LD vs LCW: 70-30 LD's way, seeing his form today against CJ , moving very quick , very animated and keen to win. After disposing TH in QF, he said he's never felt so good since WC....so this is LD's to lose.

WD:
    Zhang Yawen/Wei Yili vs Du Jing/Yu Yang: DJ/YY need the points to qualify for OG.

WS:
    Xie Xing Fang vs Zhu Lin:Looking at the play she'd shown in the past games throughout the HK open,i think she'll win easily.

XD:
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Nova/Lilyana: CHN will fail again, even with their W/Os.

MD:
    Tony/Candra vs Kido/Setiawan: THis one is gonna be the match of the day... 3 games for Tony/Candra....they've shown great form.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

LD - LCW: 55:45. Very hard to predict this one. But a few factors make me predict LD as the winner.

1. LD is in superb form right now.
    2. LCW has injury which makes him move slower.
    3. (Most important one) It seems indeed CJ "helped" LD to cruise into the final, so LD has to win. "Tactic experimenting" like in Sudirman cup will not be allowed. LD cannot reserve anything.
    4. It's not necessary for LCW to beat LD. LCW has already put enough pressure on LD by beating easily a bunch of first rate players in a relaxed manner. It's better for LCW to concentrate on practising his new style.

ZB/GL - NW/LN: 51:49. Recently it seems more and more pairs have figured out how to play ZB/GL -- hit the shuttlecock to ZB and move him around. If Nova does not "shutdown" (which he does pretty often), the Indonesian pair should have the edge. Otherwise the best they can expect is something like Japan Open final: the Indonesian pair controled the game but lost due to many many simple mistakes towards the end of the games.

TG/CW - MK/HS: 55:45. Tony and Candra finally decided to show the world how strong they can be after many losses (which almost makes ppl suspect they are really already history). They are more experienced and more balanced as a MD pair.

6. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

thks for information and translation.....

I am sure the world champion can handle the legend Candra/Tony in Final match today...I watched how the World Champion defeated Cai/Fu only 26 minutes yesterday....they are very impresive and full skill of killing shot..they made Cai/Yun confused and frustrated in playing....:cool:

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I surely hope so, but Tony/Candra are also certainly in very good form in the past 2 days :eek: They seem determined to win and Kido/Hendra better be careful, esp Markis Kido :cool:

It will be a good match. May the better pair win today and I hope its the young pair :D

8. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

I thought what he meant is not about underestimating women badminton..it's an expression of possible uninteresting match of ALL-Chinese players in the final game..:cool::p:D..

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly.....even the Chinese fans thought that the WD match is redundant :cool:

10. gene706905

gene706905 Regular Member

Manufacturing Manager
    They will have it once they're able to defeat KKK/TBH :p

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Unfortunately, that's still their remaining achiles heel at the moment :mad: Hopefully they can do that in Malaysia Super Series in front of the MAS home fans :cool:

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    But look what happened in Macau. Thay played so bad!

My money is on Tony and Candra. They keep on improving. They must be feeling very fresh.

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Yes that's the key. It's not just about the 0:6 head to head, it's how they lose -- they are basically destroyed by KKK/TBH every single time.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here are prediction:

Xie Xingfang vs. Zhu Lin - Zhu Lin hasn't matured enough yet, XXF should take this one.

Zheng Bo / Gao Ling vs. Nova Widianto / Lilyana Natsir - i still think Nova/Lilyana are in better form than Zheng/Gao.

Lin Dan vs. Lee Chong Wei (match of the day!) - this is a tough one. LD seems to be in good form in the past 2 days. however, LCW performance against KJ was simply superb, winning in both speed, tactics as well as execution. i will have to pick LCW with a slight 55/45 lead.

Zhang Yawen / Wei Yili vs. Du Jing / Yu Yang - tough one again. on paper Zhang/Wei should win according to CO, more firepower and consistency in offensive. Du / Yu tends to lack the ability to follow up their offensive. however, personally i want to see Du/Yu winning more tournaments.

Tony Gunawan / Candra Wijaya vs. Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan - Tony/Candra performance yesterday against Luluk/Alven convinced me that they are set to win this HKO. they showed that they are still have better and more refined skills.

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    their nightmare is TBH/KKK :D

16. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My predictions as follows:

LD vs LCW : LD to win it. Both pretty much equal in tech abilities. LD has the advantage in having more ability to handle pressure.

XXF vs ZL : XXF to win it easy.

TG/CW vs HS/MK : I am going to go for a TG/CW win as I am sentimental towards this aging but consistent pair.

GL/ZB vs LN/NW : Gonna be close but I think GL/ZB will nick it by an inch.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

And who they played against :rolleyes:? Other than that, Kido/Hendra basically can play their game pretty well.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Once again, we have exactly the opposite predictions :rolleyes: I certainly hope for the first two of your predictions to come true (like the prediction on Kido/Hendra's easy win yesterday) :D

Yes, Tony/Candra might have the better and more refined skills, but I certainly can't believe that most of you guys under-estimate Kido/Hendra, despite their good form coming to today's match :eek:

The veterans definitely did well in their victory over Koo/Tan on Friday, but, weren't Kido/Hendra equally impressive in beating Fu/Cai so comfortably yesterday?

Remember, Tony/Candra lost to AG/Joko last week, despite winning the first set :cool:

#39 badMania, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Given the sentimental feeling that most of u have for Tony/Candra, I think I am probably the only one who is rooting for Kido/Hendra :mad: