Hong Kong Open 2007: Day 5 (30 Nov)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by george@chongwei, Nov 29, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hong Kong Open 2007: Day 5 (30 Nov) Quater Final!!

Matches involving Malaysian Players.

7.30 pm- Roslin Hashim vs Kenneth Jonassen

a 50-50 match....

8.20 pm- Lee Chong Wei Vs Peter Gade

based on current form, lee chong wei should win it in 3 sets:)

9.50pm-KKK/TBH vs TG/CW

A very hard match for the malaysian but the world number 1 should take it in 3 sets...

#1 george@chongwei, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i wish all the malaysian shuttlers the best of luck for 2moro QF match...
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!

3. chenchoiyenn

chenchoiyenn Regular Member

Student
    anyone realise if chongwei emerges as winner this tournament, he will overtake lin dan's place as leader in the super series standings?

correct me please, if i'm wrong, but last time i checked on 29 nov, their difference in SUPER SERIES STANDINGS is only 1000+ whereas the difference between 1st place and 2nd in super series tournament is 1700.

the difference between lindan and chongwei is 1340. is my theory correct?

4. chenchoiyenn

chenchoiyenn Regular Member

Student
    i hope tmrw markis kido will take down the japanese pair for our heroes...

i want to see them win!! and i'm crossing my arms and legs for xie zhong bo to win over feng yun!!!

5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Don't really care since CHN team intends to skip the SS final anyway. In terms of World Rankings, both of them are close to 9,000 points apart. It's very hard for LCW to chase unless (touch wood!) LD is down with injury a la WCH style that he has to skip several tournaments. Anyway, like everybody else thinks, not being ranked world No.1 is a bless for most of the MAS players - less pressure on them.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Another LONG DAY is in store for tomorrow...probably longer than today since some important and interesting matches involving INA players will be played at 9pm :eek:

01:00PM XD Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl [6] vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir [2] -- a cracking opener for tomorrow and it will be a tall order for Nova/Butet to beat the tricky Danish pair, esp Butet facing the lanky Kamilla yet again in front of the net :cool: The Danish pair has a slight edge due to their 2-0 head-to-head in recent encounters.

01:10PM MS Chen Jin [4] vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro [7] -- yet another tough match and Sony will have his best SS record if he can beat Chen Jin tomorrow.

04:20PM MD Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Masuda vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [3] -- three matches to go for the World Champion to retain their HKG Open title and they should beat the improved Japanese pair, perhaps in 3-sets again?

08:10PM MD Michal Logosz/Robert Mateusiak vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- a good chance for Luluk/Alvent to reach another SS SF, facing the veteran Polish pair. If they continue to play like today, they should win.

09:00PM MS Lin Dan [1] vs Taufik Hidayat [6] -- the MATCH OF THE DAY and it will surely generate a lot of interests. Taufik looks motivated and fresh...now...can he beat Lin Dan tomorrow?

09:10PM XD Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [4] -- the Korean pair was impressive today and Flandy/Vita appear to have good records against Korean pairs lately. A 50-50 match with Flandy/Vita having a slight edge.

09:50PM MD Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong [1] vs Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [6] -- another cracking match in store and I hope Tony/Candra can avenge their losses in the Malaysian and Swiss Opens earlier this year.

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    the XZB match is already over....WO to CY/FHF.....

8. Weily

Weily Regular Member

Assistant Quantity Surveyor
    i did some calculation last time. if i am not mistaken Lin Dan is way too far on top, eventhrough LCW win, he will still no.2

9. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

chenchoiyenn was referring to SS standings, which I have already replied.

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CJ - Sony: 50:50. CJ is pretty consistent but Sony is improving. If he can use well some newly learned tricks from Hendrawan, CJ will have trouble.

PG - LCW: 40:60. With LCW playing his new intelligent defensive style, there is no way PG's weak smashes can penetrate LCW's defence. LCW needs only one run in each game to win comfortably, something like 21:14, 21:15.

LD - TH: 55:45. TH is regaining his fitness and form. But LD is still a bit beyond his reach right now. LD should win in two close games, unless he decides not to use all his energy against TH. In that case TH to win in two easy games. There is a possibility that LD only starts to be super-serious in the 2nd game. In this case 50:50 since I think today's TH should have enough stamina for 2 fast-paced games.

KKK/TBH - Tony/Candra: 70:30. It's hard for the old guns to win in two sets. The 3rd set will definitely go to KKK/TBH.

GL/ZB - Sudket/Saralee: 55:45. It's possible that Sudket/Saralee has already find good ways to play Gao/Zheng, however Sudket may be exhausted after getting toyed into 3 sets by KKK/TBH. In hindsight it may be better for him to lose in 2 sets and concentrate on XD.

#10 ye333, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    OH!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taufik vs Lin Dan again in the Hong kong Open quarter finals...

Anything more than 5 rallies tomorrow will already be a bonus for the Hong Kong fans compare to last year...:p

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I am sure back in 1999-2001, you wouldn't dare to say Peter Gade's smashes were weak at all.

I dare to say that by the time LCW is about 30+ years old, he won't be smashing as hard as he does now.:rolleyes:

13. Hazeef

Hazeef Regular Member

Student
    so sad the match between lin dan and taufik is in QF...cant see LIVE...if there is anybody can record (maybe wob.tv account holder??) or ppl in stadium...please please...really want to see the match...and also LCW vs PG match..can? or is it impossible?

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well of course I am talking about PG's smashes nowadays. It's a pity to watch him playing against players like CJ. If PG is as fast as before, CJ would have no chance. :(

Btw, don't worry about TH. This time playing against LD is more important for him than not losing. So I believe he will finish the match even if LD is beating the hell out of him. :D

15. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student

juz wait n see wat will ahppen 2day ..hoho....but ..jia you malaysia..gambatte ..hhaha

really disapointed on hafiz n WMC...fortuantelylah his bro won n WMC's bf won..hohohooh....waitin'...:p

16. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's..

..rematch time for these 2 players~To finish off their meeting from last yr:p ...I'm sure this is what everyone (in HK) is really looking fw to, esp. after last yr's debacle...:cool:

18. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

is there any live streaming?

19. MaLaYsIa Boleh!

MaLaYsIa Boleh! Regular Member

taufik taufik taufik !!
    enough lar, no need cheer we knw the result dy..

20. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Nice to see ye33's prediction,it's realistic&the most important it's not only involving player from his/her country.Somekind of neutral.May u add more?Cos if i see the qf draw,so many interesting matches beside ina&mas matches.Tx!