Hong Kong Open 2006 SEMI-FINALS (01/09)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by badMania, Aug 31, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#341 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. ronk

ronk Regular Member

The WS start at 1:30pm HK time. I believe that HK and MAS are in the same time zone. It starts at 1:30am daylight savings time in the Eastern US.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, Lin Dan knew the shuttle was in but when Kenneth asked the umpire to ask Lin Dan and Lin Dan answered OUT, that was why Kenneth was furious. I think Kenneth was disspointed with Lin Dan not being honest. Kenneth usually give his opponent warm handshake even after he lose but not today. Kenneth half-heartedly shake Lin Dan's hand and you could see his dissapointment. The line-judge basically ruined the match as the winner did not win fair and square and loser ended up dis-respecting his opponent honesty. It was not Lin Dan's fault, in the heat of the battle, player only care about winning, whatever it takes. Lets hope the same line-judge will not be use in the final.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, i personally haven't seen the match, but from what i gathered here, it seemed like either the linejudge(s) in charge:
    1. Didn't pay attention *at all* as to where the shuttle landed or
    2. Made a "blatant" call, knowing well it was the wrong call, yet didn't change it..
    Yet those of us who watched it on the video could tell where the shuttle landed..:rolleyes:
    Re LD not telling the truth & KJ asking the umpire to ask LD whether the shuttle was in or out, IMO the umpire *should've asked* the linejudge(s) directly, not LD..Wasn't it the linejudge(s)' job & call(the back and/or the side linejudges)...Anyways, it's unfortunate it ended like that, eventhough they replaced the linejudge..:p BTW, did they replace 1 or 2 linejudges??..:confused:

#344 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  5. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    REXY is the BEST

All malaysian fans should be grateful to Rexy for making the Malaysian Doubles pairs so much more effective nowadays. He gave it his all including collapsing and going to hospital etc...Well done Rexy..you make us all proud!

6. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yes, Cai/Fu has been defeated many times (in fact, they have NEVER won Chan/Koo in their two previous encounters). Other notable defes atin the last 15 months are,

Jul 10, 2005 - Malaysia Open - final - lost to Budiarto/Wijaya
    Nov 11, 2005 - China Open - q.f. - lost to Paaske/Rasmussen
    Dec 14, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - lost to Sang/Zheng
    Dec 29, 2005 - Copenhagen Masters - final - lost to Gunawan/Bach

The head-to-head record between Lee/Choong and Cai/Fu was actually 3-2 prior to last night's match ...

Aug 29, 2003 - Indonesia Open - q.f. - Choong/Lee won - 15-8, 15-4
    Apr 13, 2004 - All England - s.f. - Choong/Lee won - 17-15, 15-10
    Jun 30, 2005 - S'pore Open - 1st rnd - Cai/Fu won - 15-10, 10-15, 15-9
    Sep 2, 2005 - China Masters - q.f. - Choong/Lee won -15-12, 15-9
    Dec 15, 2005 - World Cup - preliminary - Cai/Fu won - 13-21, 21-14, 24-22

7. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

I think FHF/CY ost many times to LWW/CTF, KKK/CCM and Fairuzizuan Tazari/Lin Woon Fui but it was always close match other than losing to Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari/LWF where I think they lost at under 5 points.
    In fact, I was a bit surprise where Ong Soon Hock/ Tan Bin Shen were not able to put up a good fight against CY/FHF. Nowadays, if all Malaysian top MD particpate in any tournaments, we should expect at east one or two pairs in SF or even Final.:D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for digging up the info, Inky2000..hmm, but remember most or all of these stats were still using the "15 pt system"(if it makes much difference anyway). I also notice some of FHF/CY defeats were much earlier(as early as 2003), where they probably had little or minimal experiences. If i'm not mistaken, their rise was actually abt 2 or so yrs. ago ?!?! Hmm, interesting to see Paaska/Rasmussen also were able to overcome them. They even went down in defeat to Bach/Gunawan(in that invitational tourney)?!?!..:rolleyes: :p ;)

9. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Ishould also be more healthy as i am watching live.Boy!What a game.The intense suspense,keeps your heart pumping mad.But what the hack,I need another high from the final between Ld and LCW.To Ksooi,a fantastic live report for the benefit of all badminton lovers worldwide.