Hong Kong Open 2006 FINALS (02/09)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by badMania, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    ctjcad: I agree taufik shouldn't have walked off, and it was not good for the sport and if everyone did this then it would be anarchic. and I 100% agree that walking off after five points and ONE bad line call (which as it transpires was not a bad call) is totally out of proportion. I guess that he was in an unstable state prior to the game and upset from last week.

Cooler: Your speeding ticket is because a law was broken, if you speed you can kill, taufik not playing won't kill anyone (I hope).

With regards to the reference to the law, since taufik had forfeited the match the game was over, therfore he was allowed to leave the court. The law cannot force a player to play against his will.

In summary it is an isolated occurence that happened whilst the game was watching. He has flaws, it is unsporting and not good. Similar occurences are Zidanes headbutt, and Pakistan forefeiting in the cricket.

However I do beleive it was uneccessary to make gestures to the line judge as even if he was simply asking the judge to test their eyes, this is an insult and does require action by the IBF. I doubt however the IBF are powerful enough to give such punishment to TH though.

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you, jamesd20. Pls clarify again. Are you saying that after the umpire ok a shuttle change, the service judge can go AGAINST the umpire's decision when a player is unwilling to change? This was what I saw CJ getting his way twice in his semi and Zheng Bo once in his XD final.
    Shuttle change has always been done openly on the racket face, from what I've observed so far. CJ and ZB's underhanded style is new to me .Have the rules change?

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The rules have been changed recently. Before If the two players both agreed on a shuttle change, then they were allowed to change. If only one agreed then the decision went to the umpire. Now even if both players agree if the umpire feels that it does not require changes then they can decide to play on. This is in the interests of not breaking up the play.

AFAIK The service judge is only responsible for watching the serve and making sure it is legal, othre member may be able to correct me on this however.

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

and can save some shuttles too,haha

5. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

hey badmania... where do you get the video of this match/ can you please share it with us?

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    If I'm not wrong, badMania watched the matches over internet. What do you guys call it - streaming? I've never done it before and do not know how to. :(

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i use ppstream, it's a software,you download it ,you install it,you run it ,you got your tv on line.hehe, not sure if it works outside china though:)

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It should work regardless where you're, at least works in USA.

9. kemana

kemana Regular Member

wow,that will be great. just not sure how it works. so i guess they have servers all over the world?

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

What TV channels can you receive using ppstream ?

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you should give streaming a try, it's pretty slick and easy nowadays.
    I use sopcast.

12. kemana

kemana Regular Member

Don't know others, i only have some chinese chanels, like GDTV. Don't remember other chanels actually, i only watch GDTV with it.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Cooler, just watch for the speed limit and not press too hard on your Avalanche....don't feed those Calgary cops...hahaha...and see you tomorrow on badminton night.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, you should try it...it's quite simple..

yes, you should give it a try, Loh. There are PPLive, Sopcast, PPStream & TVAnts programs to name a few. Next time if you're interested in watching these games over the internet, you should look for threads or posts by another BC member named mikemike. He usually post a link(s) for us to watch thru webstream. Of course, in order for you to receive & watch w/"smooth" streaming, you must have a pretty high speed internet connection..;) :)

#614 ctjcad, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  15. adrianwibowo

adrianwibowo New Member

student
    password of video final MD hongkong 2006?????? cause i have download it but not work, please help me... thx..